Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Impromptu LEX DO Oct 3, 2020 weekend [was LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XVI April 10-12]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Impromptu LEX DO Oct 3, 2020 weekend [was LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XVI April 10-12]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2020, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
There still appears to be wide open award space at the Hyatt which should clock in at 6k/nt for those of us that are Hyatt CC holders.
Note, it depends on when it October. That promotion ends 8 Oct. They did delay bumping it up a category until 2021 though. I'm not sure if that goes into effect on 1 Jan or sometime later in the year, but it should be possible for us to book at the 8k rate for April.

I won't be able to make it in Oct but would love to be there for April. I've never been to the Spring version of the DO.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I’d be tempted, but it’ll be another couple weeks before I can definitively say yes/no.

As long as Crank and Boom, and Ethereal are open, I’m down. There still appears to be wide open award space at the Hyatt which should clock in at 6k/nt for those of us that are Hyatt CC holders.
Also a Hyatt Place E of downtown, category 1, 5k before rebate.

But Hyatt’s 4Q triple/quad points promo is so generous, I would likely pay cash. Also Chase 10% offers on at least 2 of my cards.

EDIt: Cash prices insanely high.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Sep 14, 2020 at 11:43 am
Old Sep 15, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Also a Hyatt Place E of downtown, category 1, 5k before rebate.

But Hyatt’s 4Q triple/quad points promo is so generous, I would likely pay cash. Also Chase 10% offers on at least 2 of my cards.

EDIt: Cash prices insanely high.
New Hyatt/AA promotion as well. It's targeted, possibly to AA elites only. I got it as AA Gold/Hyatt Explorist. My wife doesn't have AA status but is also Explorist, and she wasn't targeted. https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ple-miles.html
Old Sep 15, 2020, 12:11 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Hyatt

Originally Posted by mattp1987
Note, it depends on when it October. That promotion ends 8 Oct. They did delay bumping it up a category until 2021 though. I'm not sure if that goes into effect on 1 Jan or sometime later in the year, but it should be possible for us to book at the 8k rate for April.

I won't be able to make it in Oct but would love to be there for April. I've never been to the Spring version of the DO.
The Frequent Miler podcast on Sep4 talked a lot about stacking Hyatt promos.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mattp1987
New Hyatt/AA promotion as well. It's targeted, possibly to AA elites only. I got it as AA Gold/Hyatt Explorist. My wife doesn't have AA status but is also Explorist, and she wasn't targeted. https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ple-miles.html
I am Globalist and got this:

“We're Sorry

You are ineligible for this offer. You can click here to view other available World of Hyatt promotions.“

I already get 1 AA mile per Hyatt $1 and vice versa. And they gave me AA EXP free and that got extended another year. Hard to complain
Old Sep 19, 2020, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Mrp Alert called this morning and wants to go to LEX 10/3 weekend. Arrive Sat morning, leave Sun.

Flying through Chicago, I will accompany. I will likely rent a car and drive back maybe Monday. Come visit if you like. Let me know.
ChrisFlyer66 likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 7:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Mrp Alert called this morning and wants to go to LEX 10/3 weekend. Arrive Sat morning, leave Sun.

Flying through Chicago, I will accompany. I will likely rent a car and drive back maybe Monday. Come visit if you like. Let me know.
When does the new Hyatt promo start? There's a period of a couple weeks about now that's between very similar promos.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When does the new Hyatt promo start? There's a period of a couple weeks about now that's between very similar promos.
Oct 1 for the big one. Some stacking opportunities.

25% back points redemption offer runs through 10/5 I think.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Sep 22, 2020 at 7:55 pm
Old Sep 22, 2020, 6:19 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I will be there.

Looking forward to my second one.

Last edited by Long Train Runnin; Sep 22, 2020 at 6:47 pm
Old Sep 22, 2020, 6:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
OK, I've booked flights arriving Friday night and leaving Sunday late afternoon. Staying at the SHS.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I think I will stay at the Hyatt Place on points. 3750 after rebate.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 11:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is Lexington expecting protests to spill over from Louisville?
Old Sep 24, 2020, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is Lexington expecting protests to spill over from Louisville?
Just asked my friend who is on the LEX city council. He expects not.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Unfortunately I won’t be able to join the impromptu gathering. Hope to catch y’all in the spring!
Old Sep 25, 2020, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So it looks like we have a few people wanting a change of scenery and to come to LEX Oct 3 weekend. Keeneland is closed, not sure about distilleries, but I am sure we can find something to do.

Looks like 4 so far

I will likely stay at the Hyatt Place for the 25% points back. I plan to arrive Sat morning and likely will stay until Monday or Tuesday.

LEX is a 7500 AA mile destination in 4Q.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.