Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL 2019 Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OFFICIAL 2019 Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2019, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I got my assignments, and already have a few ideas for my shopping list. Though one may need to be hand carried to the country of the receiver's residence and then shipped. Wo-hoo for a busy travel schedule....
Mine also had a shopping list, I personally would like to take something back from abroad, unfortunately I am not travelling abroad during the next 2 months... So domestic gift only...
Old Nov 6, 2019, 10:42 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Better late than never, I’ve just sent the pm with my details
Old Nov 7, 2019, 12:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Flying Club.
Originally Posted by FlyingCow
Better late than never, I’ve just sent the pm with my details
I sent mine yesterday. First time for me this year
Redhead and FlyingCow like this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium//JAL Global Club//HH Diamond//United 1K
Excited

So excited! First year participating and just got my assignment ! Cant wait to start buying gifts hehe
Old Nov 7, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Is @HeadElf helping out this year?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Flying Club.
Originally Posted by wharvey
HOLD for Secret Santa Updates:

I continue to receive entries that do not follow the instructions. Failure to provide proper information will mean you are not eligible for Secret Santa.
Hi Wharvey,

I've checked and double checked if I made a mistake on my submission (5th Nov) and couldnt see anything obvious. Please could you confirm?

thanks
Neil
Old Nov 8, 2019, 3:58 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Originally Posted by Redhead
Woot woot! Got my assignments and one is even shipping out in 2 days! (It was such an easy idea!). I think I win for fastest gift out the door. Now to work on the other 4, already have some great ideas brewing.
Someone did not read the assignment note... you were to wait 48 hours until doing anything for your Santas! Tsk Tsk Tsk!
Old Nov 8, 2019, 4:16 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Just a quick note to all participants.... I do not anticipate doing any more assignments until after the sign up window closes.

If anyone who has already signed up would want additional assignments, please resend me your information and tell me how many more assignments you would like to have if I can make it happen.

If this is your first year participating, I must have confirmation that your first gift was received by your Santa before I would give you an additional assignment.

Happy shopping.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by wharvey
Someone did not read the assignment note... you were to wait 48 hours until doing anything for your Santas! Tsk Tsk Tsk!
Whoops, sorry :blush: I hope I'm still allowed next year. I got over-excited
Old Nov 12, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: Delta Plat
I received a gift, it was sent to my mom's home. Not sure who it's from my mom coudn't find a card or note. But she placed 1 item in the fridge (chocolate) I love chocolate and a blue wrapped package under the tree which she pulled out early to put up just for that 1 gift.

Thanks and so super excited.
Redhead likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA, DL, HH Silver, IHG plat
So I got the first part of one gift last night, and it has taken up residence in the throne room to be poured over studying for SE Asia plans. Once the rest of it shows up, I'll get pictures up. Also excited to have one gift all ordered(some has shipped, some will be shipping), and a partial for a second one in the works, working out details on best presentation for the second half. The third is presenting a logistical challenge due to what I wanted to do, but had no idea framing was so incredibly expensive... So if you're from the pac northwest, or the rust belt, keep an eye open as things are moving, and my goal is to have it in your hands for your travel plans(if you have tropical travel pans that is).

Correction, 2nd one now fully ordered, and just waiting on shipping confirmations. I think the hardest part of this whole thing is trying to go off basic information and put together a couple of things that will hit it on the head. Anyone else get the same jitters once the orders are being shipped of hoping whoever gets your ideas doesn't look at it and wonder what kind of absolute loonie ordered this?

Last edited by b00mer89; Nov 12, 2019 at 1:48 pm
Old Nov 12, 2019, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Got my gift from my Santa!!! Can't wait to send mine out! This is amazing. It's still in package and going under the tree. Amazing!
Old Nov 12, 2019, 9:38 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium

Thanks Secret Santa!!

Recieved the first of 2 (according to the note) pkgs from Secret Santa B00mer89. So excited to check them out!

Thank you!!
Old Nov 12, 2019, 10:24 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Just checked in today (been a bit hectic at a wedding in India this past week)

Suuuuuuper excited with my assignments! Will be jumping straight onto this when I get home in the next few days (and will hopefully score a few fun things on my return trip today!)
Old Nov 13, 2019, 5:18 am

Sent mine yesterday on it's trip to Denmark!
FlyingCow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.