Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4000 Post Club! [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2004, 12:33 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Congratulations ^ (not that post count means anything)
Old Aug 24, 2004, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
It's not the number of posts that matters, it's their size (or something like that).

Congratulations! ^
Old Sep 25, 2004, 1:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
SkiAdcock Hits 4,000th Post & Wants to Say Thanks to FTers & Randy

Hello darlins' all. I've just hit 4,000 posts & wanted to once again offer my thankful thoughts & feelings to you all. Some you heard at my 3,000 post; some is new.

Let me start by saying: You all are GREAT! ^ ^

* THANK YOU TO ALL FTERS!!! You have added greatly to my life, whether it's in terms of airline or hotel knowledge or just meeting (virtually as well as in person) other FTers who always shared, even if they didn't know me. You all ROCK!

* You HAVE made me a more informed hotel & airline program traveler (UA, Marriott, Hilton) - heck, in general you've made me a better traveler (all those other forums!) - thank you Randy for offering multiple forums on your site.

* I don't think I've ever experienced a better group of people & again, I do appreciate you all (even when we disagree on things, as people in a community sometimes do). You rock!

I do need to win the lotto so I can justify the time I'm spending on FT each day & Chat in the evenings. Geesh....we should get lives? And if not win the lotto, get a client whose retainer will underwrite my attending Dos (and no Dovster that is NOT 'do' the client ).

* Who woulda thunk I'd start bebopping to places like Tokyo, Singapore, London, Dusseldorf - just for the weekend or to meet FTers for a beer! That still boggles my mind. I remember reading Inside Flyer years ago & thinking who are these people? Are they nuts? They must have more $$ than me (ok, the latter one is probably still true ).

* Having said that I've learned a lot, let me say what I still have to learn - how the heck do you all do a zillion connections for $2 (Spiff & Chemist661 seem to be the best at this & are my heroes in that respect) - my idea of a multiple connection is 1! And it always costs me a bundle; sigh.

I'm serious about the "Come to Sharon's Place at the Beach on the Pacific Ocean & Teach Her This Stuff Cuz She's the Dumbest 1K MM UA Has Do"!

* I hate this part cuz I know I'm going to leave someone out - I apologize in advance & I promise to edit when I remember who I left out (and there are so many more who I should mention!), but let me say thanks to the following for their help my first 19 mths (NOT in any particular order, except for the first person):

RANDY, his staff & flyertalk web staff (they deserve awards for dealing w/ us IMO; you all be nice to them!), SweetWillie(and Judi), gleff, Spiff, mjm, wingnut, chemist661, techgirl, auh2o, wingless, premex, dhammer53, thezipper, sandiego1k, robot doctor, travellingwilly, socrates, kokonutz, the ACers at SIN DO 2003, lalala, iluv2fly, ozstamps, bernie, GK, TSAMgr, Bart, ajamieson, beaubo, gfowler, Stimpy, tom911, cawhite60156, ScottC, MrStarAlliance, klau88, prncess674, sea_tigger, newself, alysia, radiocycle, black-jack21 - drat drat drat, I know I'm missing people - but thank you ALL!!! I'll try to update when I remember who I forgot.

* In the pay-it-foward thing, I've been happy to introduce other folk to FT so that they too can learn to be better travellers. In one organization I belong to, I'm known as the 'travel gal' cuz I post tips which I've gotten from FT & gleff's e-newsletter.

And in the small world category, when I was in AMS a week ago having dinner w/ a colleague who had been in LA a few months ago & I dragged him along to meet a couple FTers at the airport for a quick drink, we were having dinner w/ other biz colleagues in AMS & the guy on the other side of my colleague was talking about travel, & my colleague (who doesn't really travel) said oh, you should talk to Sharon, she's part of this group called Flyertalk - turns out the other guy knows FT & is a lurker on the AA & Amtrak forums!

* There's so much more I'm looking forward to learning (who knows, maybe by my 5,000th post I'll actually have figured out that cheap fare w/ a zillion segments thing; I was hoping to have figured it out by now but it gives me another goal), but for now, thanks FT!! And don't forget to put FT tags on your luggage so I can meet some more of you when traveling.

You're a great community & I'm happy to be a part of it. :-: Cheers.

Sharon

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Sep 25, 2004 at 1:30 pm
Old Sep 25, 2004, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Congrats Sharon! I'm sure they were 4000 quality posts.
Old Sep 25, 2004, 1:34 pm
Community Director Emerita

Congrats, Sharon! It's terrific to have such an enthuasiastic participant. You give as much as you get.
Old Sep 25, 2004, 7:25 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I believe Sharon always underrates herself here, it's us who owe you a big thanks for your 4,000 posts too. The perfect example is posting the hotel rates for the November London thingy, taking that extra step and five minutes makes it all so much easier for us to plan the trip.

Without a doubt, when somebody asks what I'm doing this weekend and I say something like "having dinner with 40 friends, most of whom I've never met in London" they think I'm nuts, but they just don't understand what a great community this is. It must be, there are lots of people with commas in their post counts, many other boards you are lucky if you last to a dozen. Part of that is because of people like Sharon.

Soooooooooo, many congrats on your 4,000 posts.
Old Sep 25, 2004, 7:33 pm

Thanks for all of your contributions and congrats on 4k. It was great to meet you at the Freddies.
Old Sep 25, 2004, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Congratulations to one of the :-: 's of Flyertalk ^ ^ ^ ^
Old Sep 25, 2004, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by cordelli
I believe Sharon always underrates herself here, it's us who owe you a big thanks for your 4,000 posts too. The perfect example is posting the hotel rates for the November London thingy, taking that extra step and five minutes makes it all so much easier for us to plan the trip.

Without a doubt, when somebody asks what I'm doing this weekend and I say something like "having dinner with 40 friends, most of whom I've never met in London" they think I'm nuts, but they just don't understand what a great community this is. It must be, there are lots of people with commas in their post counts, many other boards you are lucky if you last to a dozen. Part of that is because of people like Sharon.

Soooooooooo, many congrats on your 4,000 posts.
Yeah, what he said!!! Thanks to you for all your help and input that you provide here. Thanks too for all the support you've given me -- I'm not just happy to call you a fellow FTer but also friend!

Last edited by cawhite60156; Sep 26, 2004 at 8:16 am Reason: because I can't spell...
Old Sep 25, 2004, 8:49 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Sharon-

Thankyou for your continued contribution in making FT the best place in the world to come and discuss travel
Old Sep 25, 2004, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Sharon,

Thank you for making the 4000, meaningful. ^

It's nice to see a take charge person organizing a DO.
We need more like you.

Dan
Old Sep 25, 2004, 10:07 pm

Congrats Sharon! Thanks for making my time in London soooo much more social and always keeping me connected You are a breath of fresh air in the little Women's Travellers forum! I wish I could be giving back nearly as much as you have been. Hopefully, I'll find a new job soon and be travelling again and thus having something to write about!

[no worries for the alarmists out there - still have old job but looking for a new job with some modicum of travel!]
Old Sep 26, 2004, 11:06 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
No. Thank You!

Sharon

You're the best and I always enjoy reading your post. You are on a very short list of people who post here that I intend to have a drink with one of these days. Congrats on the 4000th post and here is to many, many more.

Greg
Old Sep 27, 2004, 12:46 am

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Thumbs up Congratulations!!!

Sharon,

Many congrats on your reaching the 4000+ posts. You're a breath of fresh air on here, and we're looking forward to your next 4000 and beyond.

Hang in there.

bj-21.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
:-: A great post from one of the great ladies of Flyertalk. :-:

^ ^ ^ ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.