Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAP Jobs for FlyerTalkers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2003, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

SAP Jobs for FlyerTalkers

A friend's firm is submitting an RFP for an SAP ERP project in San Diego. If they get the project, work will start in August and continue for some time. The jobs will be W-2 with full benefits, but sadly they will not pay for commuting.

They still need a number of accountants or finance folks for the functional side and some SAP tech people too.

If you are interested, please email me your name and daytime telephone number. I will forward your information to Jack. I am only posting this as a favor to my friend and to my fellow FlyerTalkers.

I hope that someone here can benefit from this.

Wendy

Edited to restore my email address. Silly me, I thought everyone knew my address!!!

------------------
Help! I've fallen in status and I can't get up.

[This message has been edited by Comicwoman (edited 06-08-2003).]
Old Jun 8, 2003, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
I can't email you since you don't have a published email address. I'm a financial person. My resume is viewable here and it has all my contact information. Please tell your friend that if my qualifications match his needs, I would be willing to relocate, even for a temporary position, at my own expense.

------------------
Vasant
Old Jun 8, 2003, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

vasantn, I sent your resume on to Jack. One way or another, good luck on your search.

[This message has been edited by Comicwoman (edited 06-08-2003).]
Old Jun 9, 2003, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Nudge
Old Jun 10, 2003, 12:19 pm

Programs: LH SEN, AA AAirpass, IC Ambassador Platinum, *wood Gold
Chase I0102697834 or whatever her handle is. She does SAP.

All I know is that there are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

[This message has been edited by eMailman (edited 06-10-2003).]
Old Jun 10, 2003, 12:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Arrrgh

I just got out of a 2 hour meeting with our Accts payable staff and D&T going over our A/P system.. the SAP side.. and I hate SAP

I sure hope we move to some other application next year instead of upgrading this piece of crap
Old Jun 10, 2003, 2:37 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TrojanHorse:
I sure hope we move to some other application next year instead of upgrading this piece of crap</font>
What, you mean like PeopleSoft? It's AS bad.
Old Jun 10, 2003, 2:44 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">PeopleSoft</font>
The devil's spawn......
Old Jun 10, 2003, 3:45 pm

Location: Chicago - AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott PL, Starwood PL, Hyatt Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by eMailman:
Chase I0102697834 or whatever her handle is. She does SAP.
</font>

I do work with SAP, but I am currently employed...thanks for thinking of me though

Old Jun 10, 2003, 3:55 pm

Do any FTers know of any SAP tech positions in ATL area?

Thanks!
Old Jun 10, 2003, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TrojanHorse:
Arrrgh

I just got out of a 2 hour meeting with our Accts payable staff and D&T going over our A/P system.. the SAP side.. and I hate SAP

I sure hope we move to some other application next year instead of upgrading this piece of crap
</font>
CRM systems are great. They create lots of work for techs, needs lots of expensive HW to run, and creates pretty graphs for executives to show how all that money for techs and HW is money well spent.

Who cares if it actually does the business any good? ;
Old Jun 10, 2003, 4:30 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Plato90s:
CRM systems are great. They create lots of work for techs, needs lots of expensive HW to run, and creates pretty graphs for executives to show how all that money for techs and HW is money well spent.

Who cares if it actually does the business any good? ;
</font>
Thank you for that!!! IMO no truer word's relating to CRM systems have been spoken.

That said, there is no such thing as a pretty ERP system. Corporate accounting and other basic business systems defy simplification. As ugly as it is, it will always devolve to the language, processes, and codes used in the specific firm.
Old Jun 10, 2003, 4:37 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Comicwoman:
A friend's firm is submitting an RFP for an SAP ERP project in San Diego.
</font>
And as an after thought to my previous post. I've assumed that your friend's firm is submitting a response (or proposal) to the Request For Proposal from another firm and are looking for qualified staff for the engagement assuming they win.

Any idea how long the engagement would last?

Forgive me if I got that wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.