Search

FlyerTalk Dining Week!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2002, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

FlyerTalk Dining Week!

Fellow Community Members...

Using all my vested authority here on FlyerTalk (which essentially is none), I hereby declare this week to be...

FlyerTalk Dining Week!

And implore all of you to visit the FlyerTalk Dining Board (there's a link right up there at the top of the page...you can't miss it) at least once to contribute a few of your favorite (or least favorite) places to grab some grub, masticate, soak in the atmosphere, or enjoy a great view, all around this great big beef bowl we call Earth!

It's really a shame that a city of so many renowned gastronomic delights as Paris has, has so few entries. And many other places, as well.

Help build a better archive of foodstuffs for those fellow FlyerTalkers that seek advise on where to graze!

Go there now! Immediate seating available!

Thank You.
Old Oct 29, 2002, 1:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
As with most everything else linked above; like the FT Calender; whats up there is out of sight out of mind

As much as you might get people to post once to that; most will forget the moment they come back to the MilesBuzz forum.
Old Oct 29, 2002, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Most may forget.

But many will remember.

Old Oct 29, 2002, 1:14 pm
Original Member

Location: OMNI Award Winner, Recipient: Ol' Goal Personal Sootkase Tag Award. The Very Special Punki Authentic PiP Sootkase Tag, Pin, & T-Shirt. .........PRE-
premexicushun,

arturo wil knot masticate en front of enywon and wil knot postie enytheng abut masticashun.

------------------
Loving, Caring, Honest, Intelligent, Empathetic, Creative, and Giving.
Old Oct 29, 2002, 1:28 pm

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
"Most may forget.

But many will remember."

Remember what????

Old Oct 29, 2002, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Remember what????</font>
That thing you forgot!
Old Oct 29, 2002, 3:48 pm
Commander Catcop

Well I didn't forget PremEx and posted on FT Dining!

Suggestion: How could we go about some system where a restaurant many of us like around the world could get a "great dining sign" like an FT LOGO on the door. So Flyertalkers who travel can find the best places around the world to manga.

Making me hungry!
Old Oct 29, 2002, 4:08 pm
Commander Catcop

Why not do a "Flyertalk dining week?"

No, it doesn't have to be a DO (See Jen, I didn't use the word "DO") It can be Flyertalkers meet over a certain week in a number of cities, at a certain restaurant and just catch up and have a good time and talk miles and points.

So it could be a number of concurrent mini "gatherings." Or, if 12 or more people show up, DOS (DUCKS!)
Old Oct 29, 2002, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Catman:
Suggestion: How could we go about some system where a restaurant many of us like around the world could get a "great dining sign" like an FT LOGO on the door. So Flyertalkers who travel can find the best places around the world to manga.</font>
How about an FT version of warchalking?

http://207.214.83.246/warchalk.htm

birdstrike
Old Oct 29, 2002, 4:56 pm

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
I didn't forget nothin'.
Old Oct 29, 2002, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Catman:
Why not do a "Flyertalk dining week?"

No, it doesn't have to be a DO (See Jen, I didn't use the word "DO") It can be Flyertalkers meet over a certain week in a number of cities, at a certain restaurant and just catch up and have a good time and talk miles and points.

So it could be a number of concurrent mini "gatherings." Or, if 12 or more people show up, DOS (DUCKS!)
</font>
I actually e-mailed Randy back in August to propose us doing this in September (around 9/11)... having a dining week where all of the various FT locales planned a locals dinner. Something consistent (a two or three day period like a Tuesday to Thursday) so that in all the major metros, FTers everywhere could find a dinner to attend no matter where they were.

I would love to see something happen like this so we could have some nice dining events... and perhaps a national chain like Ruths Chris or McCormick & Schmicks could even sponsor in the cities where they have locations and offer us drink specials or a special menu.

Anyhow... just a wishful thought!
Old Oct 30, 2002, 5:05 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx:
Most may forget.

But many will remember.

</font>
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

------------------
The best thing you can spend on your children is time.
Old Oct 30, 2002, 6:08 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
great idea PremEx!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.