Search

20,000 post club! [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2002, 8:27 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

20,000 post club! [merged threads]

While I'm not certain that anyone else may presently "qualify," surely, in time, many FT'ers will eventually, or perhaps even soon, "qualify." Please recall that I'd also posed a similar question in the earlier "10K Post Club," thread which was unfortunately kinda' "hijacked" by off topic "discussion(s)."

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum95/HTML/002044.html

So may I once again please ask here in this thread, if there should even be any such an entity as a "20,000 Post Club"?

Or should we perhaps "MAX out" at 1000 posts, or some other arbitrarily selected number, as has been suggested previously?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum73/HTML/000236.html

Incidentally, once again, I'm in support of the "MAX" concept, as most FT'ers already well know!

Any thoughts on the merits, or otherwise, of each?

Thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2002, 8:55 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I dont think the counter should ever max out, and, I also think they should bring back the Evangelist and other titles... I would even propose the creation of other goofy titles to create many different tier of posters. Im all for market segmentation, it creates more opportunities to arbitrage.
Old Jul 26, 2002, 9:33 am

Programs: BD / BA / AF
Re: Titles

10K posts: "Should get out more often"
20K posts: "Really should get out more often"
Old Jul 26, 2002, 9:42 am
doc
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MatthewClement:

</font>
---

Heading out now, finally, thanks!

Old Jul 26, 2002, 9:46 am

Originally posted by MatthewClement:

Then what is the title for the 30K posts??

Old Jul 26, 2002, 9:47 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
What a great thread. There havent been enough flame wars lately after all, IMHO.
Old Jul 26, 2002, 9:50 am
doc
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Matt Wald:

What a great thread. There havent been enough flame wars lately after all, IMHO.</font>
---

So far, so good, Matt! I, for one, believe that we can have a flame free thread!
Old Jul 26, 2002, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Now get serious Doc. It should be a 50,000 post club. Then we know you'll stay interested for another couple years at least!

------------------
~ Glen ~
Old Jul 26, 2002, 10:42 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I think Glen is the only serious contender Doc has for the post of posting champion...
Old Jul 26, 2002, 10:50 am
Suspended

How 'bout a special designation for FTers who, notwithstanding their number of posts, have most consistently offered solid, knowledgeable, cogent and relevant advice/info/answers to those who seek to: maximize the number of miles they get when flying, get the most "bag-for-the-buck" when redeeming, or simply look for "insider" tricks to the best seat, the juiciest upgrade, the cheapest fare or the best overall flying experience.

That, to me, is ten times more important than a person's number of posts. Call me silly.
Old Jul 26, 2002, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

Wall hi thar Silly. Is that a gun in your pocket or are you .....

------------------
~ Glen ~
Old Jul 26, 2002, 12:49 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, DL Silver, TSA Harassee
Matt,

BINGO.

You hit the nail right on the head.
Old Jul 26, 2002, 1:34 pm
doc
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CameraGuy:
Matt,

BINGO. You hit the nail right on the head.
</font>
--

Wait, don't you have to be either under 10 or over 60 in order to play BINGO?

Whose doing the flaming here?

No one I hope!

I'd kindly again urge all to please stay on topic and resist attempts to "hijack" the thread! Thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2002, 2:08 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Now Doc, there are threads that are fertile ground for flames, and there are flame-retardant threads. This is clearly the former. I would NEVER blame a woman if she is raped, but I would question her judgement if she walks around dark alleys in big cities late at night....
Old Jul 26, 2002, 2:39 pm
doc
Original Poster

Perhaps, Matt, yet in my experience, especially here on FT, there are seemingly "flamers" and those that simply do not flame, as well as a wonderfully ecletic in between mix. As you well know, I can direct you to many perfectly harmless threads, (rocky, sandy, soil by way of your analogy), that suddenly erupted just as soon as a given person(s) arrived - for some unknown reason!

So it seems to me that while there are threads that are perhaps fertile ground for flames, for some, unfortunately, they will ALWAYS find the ground fertile, IMHO.

Nonetheless, that's not what this thread is about, and perhaps we should go elsewhere, or even offline to discuuss this concept, if necessary, and/or if you'd like to. Again, we do not want to veer off topic and find another highjack victim here! Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.