Spring weekend in San Diego: 03/15 - 03/17

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spring weekend in San Diego: 03/15 - 03/17

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2002, 12:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
That sure can be arranged...
Old Feb 21, 2002, 8:14 pm

I'm looking into making this my first FT event. And of course my fiancee (lmlinder) would come to.
Old Feb 21, 2002, 8:17 pm
Suspended

Location: Promoted to Chairman of the Most Wonderful Continental Airlines Highly Valuable OnePass Program Security and Ideological Purity Bureau
Unfortunately, CO wouldn't approve the change, so no SAN for me...
Old Feb 22, 2002, 3:34 am
In Memoriam

I am still in, having read other "discussions" about the events surrounding FT get togethers, everyone please remember to bring cash to dinner....

(I always hate the czech dancing after dinner at a brazillian steakhouse)
Old Feb 22, 2002, 4:12 pm

Change of travel plans - I will be out of SAN as of Friday afternoon.

[This message has been edited by Eugene (edited 03-10-2002).]
Old Feb 24, 2002, 2:41 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by World20:
Anyone arriving to this event on UA metal in need of an upgrade, just contact me.

</font>
&gt;&gt;&gt; I wish you could say this for American!!!

------------------
Michael
AA PLT,1 MLN Miles+
Hilton Gold
Sheraton Gold
Marriot Silver
Old Feb 24, 2002, 2:46 am

Ok, for now, I am a maybe. This sounds like alot of fun and I just had my first Brazilian meal, muy bem .

I guess you San Diegans(is that right ?)
know how to party.

We had a good FT event-dinner/bar/talking up here tonight, my first. It was sad when we broke up, but people had 6am flights and I am amazed how late they stayed.

Hope to see you all soon. Ciao.

------------------
Michael
AA PLT,1 MLN Miles+
Hilton Gold
Sheraton Gold
Marriot Silver
Old Feb 24, 2002, 3:14 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
I'll be doing a 2 day run to London on that weekend. Want to see a play there. Have a nice time in beautiful San Diego!
Old Feb 26, 2002, 10:42 am

I was so looking forward to this. I love San Diego, have lots of friends in the area, and love getting back to my birth place.

Unfortunately, duty calls. And I'll be stuck in the swamps of Louisiana instead of sunny southern California.

Yuck.
Old Feb 27, 2002, 4:14 am

Hey San Diego. Sounds good.

I would appreciate it, when you have finalized everything, to create a new post with the date, restaurant, time, location, etc. and a pleah for your lovely LA neighbors to come and visit and I think some of us will be coming down, more so if you have Brazilian food going on. We are talking about it. How are the rates at the Island/Airport Sheraton?
Thanks.

------------------
Michael
AA PLT,1 MLN Miles+
Hilton Gold
Sheraton Gold
Marriot Silver
Old Feb 27, 2002, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
That weekend seems to be very tight for rooms on Priceline - however, with some luck, you might be able to sneak the downtown Hilton (Gaslamp Quarter) for a bid of $50 per night. Priceline rates it as 3* only...

For the SAN Sheraton, you might end up bidding as much as $70 per night right now.
Old Feb 27, 2002, 9:24 am

I'd love to join this get-together--consider me confirmed. It'll be fun to see some old friends and meet some new! Thanks Carol for taking this on, sounds like fun!
Old Feb 27, 2002, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver
O.k., due to a) always wanting to go to San Diego since I've heard how great it is, b) having to miss last summer's SAN gathering and c) the prodding of a very dear friend, I am a definite for this gathering (especially with finding a very nice fare)! I should be arriving Fri. night & leaving Mon. morning. Looking forward to seeing old friends & meeting new ones!

------------------
Regards,
- Anna
Old Feb 27, 2002, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Excellent news - I'm glad you can make it to SAN now that it does not look too favourable for me to make it to ORD in May...

By the way - anybody leaving Monday morning is welcome to join me at the DL CRC...
Old Feb 27, 2002, 8:31 pm

"For the SAN Sheraton, you might end up bidding as much as $70 per night right now"

This is doable, need the Sheraton nights for Gold.

Are there gonna be things all weekend? I am looking at coming down Sunday, stay Sunday night, back up Monday.

If you could let me know the "DO" on Sunday evening, would be appreciated.

Your friendly LA neighbor

------------------
Michael
AA PLT,1 MLN Miles+
Hilton Gold
Sheraton Gold
Marriot Silver

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.