Search

"Hockey-tonk Hoedown" 1st weekend April

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2001, 9:34 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA**US Airways Gold, Marriott Gold
"Hockey-tonk Hoedown" 1st weekend April

After seeing all these other gatherings posted around the boards, I thought I'd go for my own in my old college city, the place that's still a second home for me--Nashville, Tennessee!

Events I think should be included:

Friday night, those who enjoy the nightlife, a crawl down Second Avenue is recommended. Others may wish to find a good TV set and watch the Women's Final Four (if Vandy makes it there, a sports bar may give you the opportunity to combine both activities). Other events aren't scheduled much this far out.

Saturday will be the two main meals of the gathering: lunch at Caesar's Ristorante Italiano on White Bridge Road, and supper at Jack's Bar-B-Q downtown. The latter will finish in time for the Predators' home game against the Calgary Flames (this is the origin of the term "hockey tonk"--search it on Amazon for a book about the arrival of the Frozen Game in the Volunteer State).
Old Dec 6, 2001, 6:33 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Sounds awesome! I'm interested.

(I'd be even more interested if it were the Rangers or Avalanche coming to town, but at least against the Flames, I can root for the Predators.)
Old Dec 6, 2001, 9:47 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Put me as interested -- I'm interested in any hockey game, anywhere (though I'd like it better if it was an Atlantic Division team!) And on top of that I can usually get to Nashville cheap.
Old Dec 6, 2001, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
Hey, my old college town, too! Class of '76.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.