Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2018, 2:52 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by frontenac551
I'm doing this for the first year and excited. Though, given all this talk of super-amazing gifts, rather worried that I'll be a disappointing to my giftee - seems that the bar is set high!

The bar is set high but it sure is alot of fun. My kids help me shop and they eagerly await the post each day to see the gifts come in too.

Sometimes the gifts are great sometimes bought in a hurry but allways fun to open and great fun participate 👍
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:14 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Head Santa Update:

All Santa assignment for the first round have been sent out as of 4 pm today.

Please check your inbox and verify that you received all assignments. You can confirm how many you should have received by checking the number by your handle in the second post. It should match what you submitted to me. One caveat, if you are a first time participant... you only get one assignment until I have confirmation that your first gift was received.

I have decided to extend the date before I do the final round of assignment. That new date is November 24th. If you want any additional assignments, let me know before that date.

Have fun shopping.

William
Old Oct 29, 2018, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by wharvey
Head Santa Update:

All Santa assignment for the first round have been sent out as of 4 pm today.

Have fun shopping.

William
Got the right number of Santees, but not the right info! These folks took the "secret" in Secret Santa too seriously, giving me barely anything to work with. How soon is the Head Elf on duty, 'cause I'm gonna need more info on these two shy Santees.

Folks, please reveal more than your preferred airline and hotels! It's really hard to gift wrap a Marriott.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Got the right number of Santees, but not the right info! These folks took the "secret" in Secret Santa too seriously, giving me barely anything to work with. How soon is the Head Elf on duty, 'cause I'm gonna need more info on these two shy Santees.

Folks, please reveal more than your preferred airline and hotels! It's really hard to gift wrap a Marriott.

I had the opposite mine were VERY specific but the items they are intrested in may prove challenging to get here and or to ship 🙄😀 but I will try my best this year too
Old Oct 29, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I requested two Secret Santas, and I have received two assignments. Thanks!!! Can't wait to start shopping. :-)
Old Oct 30, 2018, 1:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by kauppias

I had the opposite mine were VERY specific but the items they are intrested in may prove challenging to get here and or to ship 🙄😀 but I will try my best this year too
Some years, I rely on Amazon or other sites for ease of shipping.
CDTraveler likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by kipper
Some years, I rely on Amazon or other sites for ease of shipping.
Good idea 👍👍

I need to start scheduling my trips to conincide with secret santa😀😀
Old Oct 30, 2018, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDTraveler

I am sure Head Elf is happy to receive any messages. I am also willing to help. In fact, I did that yesterday and today already.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Well, that was quick.... I had a message late yesterday that a gift has already been shipped and should be received before the end of the week!
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by wharvey
I am sure Head Elf is happy to receive any messages. I am also willing to help. In fact, I did that yesterday and today already.
Word on the street is that the Elves are busy preparing the workshop for the holidays. I have it on good authority that HeadElf should be up and running by November 6. Election Day. Remember to vote.

Dan
CDTraveler and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:48 am

I would kill to join in on this but have no idea how I would get a package shipped out of Mexico. I'm sure this is a ton of fun. Enjoy!
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat (won't last), Hilton Gold
I have my assignments and am really excited to do some shopping! In fact, I've already finished the gift for my first assignment.

I realize that I've never been super specific in my own paragraph - partly because sometimes it's fun to leave something to the imagination. But for what it's worth - I do play American mah jongg (the kind with the real tiles, not the weird matching game someone developed for the computer!) on a regular basis (and have been eyeing a cool mah jongg mat that protects your table), love all kinds of interesting foods (chocolate, cheese, whatever), liquors, and local treats, have two cats and three grown kids, travel a little too much for work and still don't have the best packing system aside from my overflowing collection of cubes, and will be taking some actual personal vacation time next year that I'm really excited about (Spain to visit my daughter who is studying there...also taking her to Portugal, and DisneyWorld with my other daughter). I was really touched by my gift last year (which was an assortment of pretty things) and I know this year will be twice the fun with two Santas!
Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Gringa
I would kill to join in on this but have no idea how I would get a package shipped out of Mexico. I'm sure this is a ton of fun. Enjoy!
Order online!
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:04 pm

Dear Santas,

My info in my PM to wharvey is slightly outdated. Mr. Kipper just started a new job, which will have him out traveling more frequently. As such, if you are looking to send anything for him and have extra airline perks, I'm sure he'd make good use of them and would love them, as he has to start to re-acquire status as his last job kept him at a desk most of the time.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Head Santa Note: If any of you want your Santa to have any additional or updated information... please send that to me in a Private Message. I will then forward it to your Santa(s). Do not count on people reading every message here.... even though they should!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.