Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COMDEX?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2001, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

COMDEX?

I'm interested in people who are (or were) planning to attend COMDEX is Las Vegas 11/12 - 11/16.

- Were you plannig to attend, then canceled? Why

- If you are going, have you been to the show before?
- Did you know there are now NO exhibits at the Sands Conv Ctr this year?
- Have you seen the latest security statement from the COMDEX Management?
- Would you like some travelers tips on attending COMDEX?

Thanks
Michael Steinberg
Editor
BizTrip.com

[This message has been edited by businesstraveler (edited 10-31-2001).]
Old Oct 31, 2001, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Yes I am going

No I have not been there before

Saw the security statement. If they enforce it the same way that Microsoft enforced theirs at the XP rollout in PHX, well that was a joke
Old Oct 31, 2001, 5:14 pm

Interestingly enough, the event group in which I work in was just discussing additional precautions that we might be taking for an event in Los Angeles in December. Thanks for starting this post, it will be of great value to us, though I think Key3Media may be going over the top on security.
Old Nov 3, 2001, 5:54 am
Joh

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honours Gold, KLM Gold
Myself and ozstamps will be at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas Tues Nov 13, and Wed Nov 14, and then flying SFO-SYD late evening Nov 15 if anyone attending COMDEX has time to catch up for a drink.

We "accidentially" booked a leisure visit to LAS for that week, and OUCH did that hurt the wallet!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum95/HTML/001470.html
Old Nov 3, 2001, 8:55 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
I am going, too (and I have been there last year as well).
I have read the security statement, and I must say thatI am in favor of the measures being taken, especially with showing your ID when picking up your badge (holder).

And for everybody who has hotel reservations at high rates - better check again, as most hotels do have significantly lower rates and specials also during Comdex week.
I would expect the number of attendees being significantly lower than last year.
Old Nov 4, 2001, 11:30 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Going from Sunday to Tuesday, haven't missed one in about 15 years.

Have not read the most recent security statement, don't really care.

I was just checking hotels tonight. There are some great deals, including Rio Suites for $65/night, Caesars for $90/night, etc. Not the normal prices during Comdex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.