Wiki Posts
Search

You could be next!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2001, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

You could be next!

There have been many attacks and threats against the Arab-Americans and their communities. Here in Texas, someone shot at the windows of a local Muslim community center yesterday; tonight it was reported molotov cocktails were thrown at a Mosque.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/628515_asp.htm

At times at this, I am quite upset with the level of U.S. education system which has produced people of poor intellect to judge right from wrong, as well as a lack of respect for the diversity of this country and our rule of law in a democracy. These kind of "Americans" seem to jump on this tragic event as a justification to vent their own hatred and ignorance against immigrants and people of diverse origins to this country.

I deliberately used the subject title "You could be next!". People wonder how it was the Jews could be massacared en masse and how the Japanese-Americans could have been encamped. Well, easy. People either did not understand the true meaning behind a government's actions, or they did not pay attention to some "insignificant" event that was happening to a racial/ethnic/religious group different from theirs. Most importantly, they did not speak out against violations of basic human rights done to another group because they thought it could not happen to themselves.

I call on everyone to voice their support for the Arab-Americans. My fervant belief is that America will remain a democracy. If we degenerate into a country of blind hatred and revenge, the enemy will have won.

Old Sep 13, 2001, 10:18 pm

Programs: Lapsed elite statuses galore
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ChaseTheMiles:
If we degenerate into a country of blind hatred and revenge, the enemy will have won.
</font>
By the looks of some of the posts in, for instance, The Buzz, we in this community at least might consider declaring defeat.

While I might be guilty of political correctness, I prefer to think of it as consideration...so I call upon the moderators to start exercising their authority and excising some of these really offensive posts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.