Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

"dining miles" FT get-togethers...any takers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2001, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DM Silver

I just had one of those ideas that makes one say to oneself: surely someone else has thought of this by now."

But fellow FTers, it occurred to me that those of us in larger cities could kill 2 birds with 1 proverbial stone: earning miles and coming together and meeting in person. Let me know how this sounds:

People in one city/area hold a monthly/weekly/biweekly or whatever meeting/dinner in a restaurant/bar, provided that establishment participates in some sort of FF partner program. (M+ and DM are 2 examples). Either one person can pick up the tab with/without payback (a matter of contention that can be settled by rotation, drawing, mutual agreement or paper-rock scissors) or everyone can run separate bills. Hopefully a solution can be reached to attain the maximum miles per visit.

Seems like something worth looking into. Dinner, discusssion, and miles to boot! And if said restaurant doesn't suit the collective fancies, you can pack up and move to a new one. This is just a working idea right now, but I'd like to hear your input on this.

(Must remember--colons not equals for the smileys )
Old Apr 30, 2001, 5:35 pm

Location: WILD ANIMAL PARK (SAN), CA> GOLD-CO, MARRIOTT, HH, STARWOOD, HYATT,
Would you really expect the waiter to issue SEPERATE checks for each miles addict?

They don't really like to do that.

Hold a drawing or a bidding contest for highest bid!

Just wanna have FUN!
Old Apr 30, 2001, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DM Silver
Originally posted by ROADRUNNER:
Would you really expect the waiter to issue SEPERATE checks for each miles addict?

They don't really like to do that.
True, but I'm still stuck in my days of HS/College of latenights at the local diner with 10+ of my friends, each paying separately. We always left a bigger tip, usually 2x or more to cover tha hassle. That's why they're my friends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.