SoCal OMNI prize presentation Part II

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SoCal OMNI prize presentation Part II

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2000, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All this is making me jealous. I have a major road trip planned, but I'm coming in to CA on Saturday, and it looks like I'll miss the fun
Old Dec 24, 2000, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is there an after-party party on Saturday? I could come into LAX by noon on Saturday. It is my old haunt anyway, old friends and family there, then I could drive up to Fresno where I have to be Monday morning.

Old Dec 24, 2000, 9:53 pm
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
stimpy:

I know, of course, that America West does schedule flights to LGB.

In the past LGB has been my prefered airport when traveling to the Southern L.A. area. The Long Beach Airport is a jewel of an airport, it reminds me of air travel in earlier, happier days. From the plane to the rental car is about 300 feet and 5 minutes at the counter.

My experience this year is that 100% of my scheduled HP flights to/from LGB have been canceled for mechanical reasons. The little restaurant upstairs is a good place to kill the 3 hours from when your planned flight was to depart until the next flight, and they take the HP meal vouchers. The halls upstairs have photos from the old days and historical displays.

See: http://www.lgb.org/content/AboutTheAirport.htm

With nothing better to do this morning I checked the status of yesterdays (12/24) PHX-LGB flights on the America West website, the flight numbers were from the website:

HP2838 - Invalid flight number. (HP2838 arrived on time today, 12/25)
HP2836 - 2 min. late. (HP2836 Canceled today, 12/25)
HP2834 - 2 min. early.
HP2831 - Only IAH-PHX displayed, 13 min. late.
HP2830 - Only DCA-PHX displayed, 102 min. late.

What do you suppose happened to those flights?

[This message has been edited by Old Gold (edited 12-25-2000).]
Old Dec 25, 2000, 11:17 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Changed my reservation from the Hilton to the Renaissance Long Beach. First time I tried to get it for the going Beckles supplied "FT" rate I was denied but after seeing that some other folks were still getting it retried and received it. Thank you Beckles for posting the link.

Jim
Old Dec 25, 2000, 12:15 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
The Renaissance is a short 2-3 minute walk to the restaurant. Those staying at the Hilton, Hyatt, and the Westin, the walk will be around 5-10 minutes. There is also a Courtyard by Marriott on the corner of 1st and Linden which is also a short 10 minute walk.

The downtown area (Pine & Broadway) contains a lot of good restaurants and small shops. Shoreline village is a nice walk also from downtown across the Long Beach Grand Prix racetrack. It has a few restaurants (the Yardhouse (250 beertaps), Parkers Lighthouse) and specialty shops. The Aquarium is also within walking distance.

Belmont Shore is the beach community with lots of small restaurants, bars, and shops. It is a very casual area, ie: shorts and a sweatshirt if the temp dives below 70F. Great sports bar on 2nd street, Legends and if you are willing to walk to Naples, a great Irish pub, Limerick's.

If anyone is up to it on Saturday, we can do a Long Beach pubcrawl ala Seattle. I will volunteer to be a tour guide. Essxjay, there is a brewpub on the corner of Pine and Ocean and also next to the Belmont Shore pier.

Looking forward to seeing all of you folks in our friendly city!
Old Dec 30, 2000, 10:29 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Hi Dave,

Would like to meet up with this group on Saturday evening. Are you going to post a time and place? Thanks!
Old Dec 30, 2000, 1:14 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
hedoman,

No plans have been set as of yet for Saturday so I am leaving it up in the air for now.

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.