Wiki Posts
Search

Happy Anniversary To The PIP!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2000, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Happy Anniversary To The PIP!

This afternoon Catman, AusTxHiker, Beckles, and PremEx hoisted Mai Tais in the company of KSA_USA, Tolarian Wind and Holly, high atop The Tower Of The Americas in San Antonio, Texas in honor of the 1 year anniversary of the Party In Paradise, which started one year ago today on November 4, 1999!

Lots of great memories of that fantastic time on the beautiful island of Ohau! We were thinking of all you FlyerTalk friends that we met there (many for the first time).

Suck one up in honor if you get the chance!

[This message has been edited by PremEx (edited 11-04-2000).]
Old Nov 4, 2000, 3:03 pm
Commander Catcop

Oh, what wonderful memories!

And I have to thanks everyone at the PIP and everyone at Flyertalk --- but especially Rudi, Tropical FLyer and of course, my big bruddar PremEx -- for breakign down my wall of insecurity about being around crowds of people and hosting big events. I never had the gutts to be "the Social Director" of anything. You all made that possible and I am a better man for it (and getting better everyday!)

AH-ME-OW! (ALOHA in Feline!
Old Nov 4, 2000, 5:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Hmmm...surely an event that cannot be surpassed
Old Nov 4, 2000, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver
What could be better than a fun plane ride where we owned the upper deck on the PiP Express, had a wonderful time with such great friends at an island paradise??

Thanks for the memories everyone!

------------------
Regards,
- Anna
Old Nov 4, 2000, 6:12 pm

I remember that I found FlyerTalk about a month before the PiP. I thought it was so bizarre that I bunch of people from the internet are actually meeting in real life.
Old Nov 4, 2000, 6:32 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Well I will be out celebrating with at least one Flyertalker dhammer53 and hopefully another PIP alum MrLimotonight at LAX. That sure was one fun trip!
Old Nov 5, 2000, 12:19 am

The criminal always returns to the scene of the crime, (FlyerTalk).

And AnnaS so eloquently stated her PIP sentiments, "Thanks for the memories everyone!" I concur.

That recipe will never be recaptured again. I'm happy to have been a part of it. They'll never be another quite like The First Annual PIP.
Old Nov 5, 2000, 4:38 am

I said to Jackie as she picked me up at LAX last night..."it was one year ago today we were in HNL for the PIP".

Great memories...
Old Nov 5, 2000, 9:09 am

Ok, so I'm a day late...what else is new? Onefreeman and I are sitting here this morning (I'm recovering from recent surgery) on the way to radiation this Tuesday and we are toasting with Mimosa's. Cheers everyone!!! I too would like to add my "thanks for the memories" we had a wonderful time on the islands, even after Marty's whining to get a suite-hey it worked! SOOOO many happy memories-met great people for the first time that led to many more friendships, you guys are super! Thanks
Old Nov 5, 2000, 10:21 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Not to make this about me (although funny how everything is), this is also my one year FT anniversary. In fact, I originally thought that PIP stood for Plenty of Intoxicated People, which is why I signed up. Well, two hundred posts of nonsense later, here I still am. Thanks, all, for a lot of laughs and info. Id say thanks for Latin Pass, but let me first see if those free Belize tickets work.

On a more serious note: Raeban, God Speed for a fast and full recovery. It cant hurt to have friends all over the world pulling for you, and thinking of Onefreeman and your family during these trying days.

[This message has been edited by Jailer (edited 11-05-2000).]
Old Nov 5, 2000, 12:14 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

All the very best Raeban!

-Mark

Old Nov 5, 2000, 12:31 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I am just back from the 'Altbier in Dsseldorf' preparation meeting with bernie and Mizu: bernie and Mizu can testify, that I did wear the whole weekend PremEx' special PiP-shirt (the one he made for the Matt Wald - Rudi tennis match) in honour of this PiP Anniversary.

... and <<<<<<<<<<Raeban> >>>>>>>>>!

Old Nov 5, 2000, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Raeban
BEST WISHES to you!

Shadow
I was at LAX last night from 6:30 - 10:00 in terminal 6. I wish that I knew you were there! I met dhammer53 at his plane and we had a few cold ones before he continued on with his mileage run.
Old Nov 5, 2000, 12:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Always good to see you on the boards Raeban. Best of luck. Hope to see you soon.
Old Nov 6, 2000, 6:41 am
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, DL Gold, Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium
Yes, great memories indeed! I am glad that I was there for the 1st Annual PiP.

Raeban: We're all praying for your speedy recovery.

Since PiPs are supposed to be annual, let's get started on the next one!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.