Search

Sailing in Seattle in the Rain

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2000, 7:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Sailing in Seattle in the Rain

Those of you who are still interested in sailing in Seattle, knowing full well that they predict rain for Saturday, please so advise, via post or phone.

Essxjay and newself are currently holding down the boat at Elliott Bay Marina (it was raining too hard and we had to little time to take it over last night. We will take off from Elliott Bay around 11:00 am Saturday and sail over to Bell Harbor for lunch at Anthony's at 1:00 p.m.

Those of you who want to stay dry should meet us at Anthony's then.
Old Sep 30, 2000, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...a three hour tour. The weather started getting rough...
Old Sep 30, 2000, 11:40 am

Programs: NW Platinum, Hilton Silver, 3 stays from Starwood Platinum!
Oh, I was so hoping the weather would be nice for you. It's sunny and beautiful at the moment in Roseburg, Oregon. Regardless of the rain, wish I could join you. Have fun everyone!

Linda
Old Oct 1, 2000, 9:23 am

Programs: No status anymore. Former CO PLT, NW PLT, AS MVP
Hmmm, PremEx, does that make essxjay Ginger or Maryanne? Be careful how you answer that one...

And what about newself? My vote there is probably the Professor.

This could be fun!

[This message has been edited by mweiss (edited 10-01-2000).]
Old Oct 1, 2000, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mweiss questions:
PremEx, does that make essxjay Ginger or Maryanne?
PremEx answers:
Yes. That makes essxjay either Ginger or Maryanne.
Old Oct 1, 2000, 10:19 am
Suspended
Original Poster

essxjay, I am happy to report, was good crew, even in the rain yesterday.

Today the weather is much more promising for our return trip back to Elliott Bay for those more fair weather sailors who choose to indulge.

Last night's dinner at Chinooks was an absolute ball, attended by 29 fabulous FlyerTalkers, including a suprise visit from the one and only Nathan Detroit.

For those of you not enjoying the weekend in Seattle, people will start trickling into Roy's at the Westin for breakfast at 9:30 a.m. Joe and I have elected to be deliberatly lazy this morning and will be trickling in a little later.
Old Oct 1, 2000, 5:16 pm
In Memoriam

The one and only (thank goodness) Nathan wishes to thank everyone at Anthony's and Chinook's yesterday for their very warm welcome. And he wishes to single out for special thanks the wonderful Essxjay, the
irrepressible and glamorous Punki, a wonderful hostess and organizer, Shadow for his friendliness and humor, dgolds and MilesAddict for their caring welcome, Punki's Joe for just being there and watching over the group, Newstalk and so many others, and, finally, the absolutely unique Catman. Thanks to everyone else for a wonderful evening and heartwarming experience. And the chow was geat! Bis zum naechsten Mal.

[This message has been edited by nathan detroit (edited 10-01-2000).]
Old Oct 1, 2000, 7:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thank you for nathan detroit for accusing me of being glamorous.

I guess I have been spending too much time with my beloved mweiss, (who thinks in sound bites). I initially read irrepressible as somehow wrinkly.

Ok, private message to ess, I could claim 3 rides in the little blue car because we did stop and buy lunch and get in and out during one trip, but I want to keep the playing field level, so I only claim two.

What a joy it is to buzz along with mweiss in his little blue boy toy on a sunny (sort of) day in Seattle and watch heads turn. We could hear choruses of "oooh and aaaah" as we passed by. Cool car, cool car, cool car.

Now what is the story with this clandestine relationship between dgolds and smooth??? I am blown away. Danielle had us all sitting on the edge of our seats with bated breath awaiting the next eppisode. I think I'll have to post a "Hot Flyer Talk Gossip" thread.

Was it really the KGB????????

[This message has been edited by Punki (edited 10-01-2000).]
Old Oct 1, 2000, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Somehow methinks I'll forever be "out of the loop" for missing this one!
Old Oct 2, 2000, 12:08 am

Programs: No status anymore. Former CO PLT, NW PLT, AS MVP
PremEx, I'm afraid you really missed out. This was a fantastic group of people. Unfortunately, I missed Kokonutz and auh20, as they departed before dgolds and I arrived (we got seats together on the flight up from SFO, when he told me of his clandestine relationship with smooth...what an amazing story).

This afternoon, (freshly-pressed) Punki and Joe kindly hosted kyklin, the oh-so-charming Danielle, and I on the return trip to the marina on their boat. Well, Joe pointed out that, in fact, we were doing him a favor...he had some "honey-do's" waiting for him back on Queen Anne Hill, and he likes being a "boat driver" much more than running a vacuum cleaner.

Nonetheless, after picking up copious quantities of food (including some lovely fuzzy produce...and I'm certain it wasn't kiwi), Punki and I arrived at Bell Harbor for our excursion back to Magnolia. In between nibbling on various bits of food, I got my first opportunity to take the helm of a sailboat, as did kyklin. Upon our arrival in the Magnolia slip (sounds like a drink, doesn't it?), we finally formalized our lunch, nicely seasoned with conversation.

In short, a splendid time was had by all.
Old Oct 2, 2000, 12:23 am
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally posted by Punki:
essxjay, I am happy to report, was good crew, even in the rain yesterday.[/B]

Dear Punki and Joe,

I was happy to report for deck duty. Anytime! I'd forgotten how much I love being on the water, even while being soaked from above and below. <g> Thank you for helping me recapture a happy part of my young adulthood ...

Love,

...ess
Old Oct 2, 2000, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

essxjay wrote as part of a wonderful "Thank You" to Punki and Joe:
Thank you for helping me recapture a happy part of my young adulthood ...
Gee. What was that? All of last year? I got underwear older than you!
Old Oct 2, 2000, 12:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Hey, nathan, did essxjay help you think up the new nickname Newstalk for newself? I think she is letting their beer rivaly get carried away.
Old Oct 2, 2000, 1:48 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
And I had a great time playing the Professor...or was it Gilligan? Also, the very lovely and charming Essxjay turned out to be quite a lady (and now a good friend) who knows how to drink beer and talk smack even though she does not have anything to talk smack about.
Old Oct 2, 2000, 3:26 pm
In Memoriam

Newself, forgive me? Sometimes the connections srrm to cross, like old time switchboards. I will be more careful now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.