Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ASM-DUS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2000, 9:45 am
Original Poster

ASM-DUS

Didn't want this to get lost and need to book ASAP so I decided to start a new thread.

I'm trying to make the Alt beer in DUS 11/11 and need to find an a flt/train/camel caravan/rental from Amsterdam to Dusseldorf. I really don't have any restrictions (or plans). All I want to do on the trip is a day or to in Amsterdam and meet FT's in Dusseldorf by the 11th.

As usual, thanks for any help/advice,
freefaller12k
Old Sep 27, 2000, 12:37 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
RIGHT ON! Glad you looked into this!

Sorry I don't have any insights on the choo-choo, the infrastructure for which the Europeans seem to be proud of making it a good bet...
Old Sep 27, 2000, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Several of us have posted links to the German rail system. Check out page 6 or 7 of the Altbier topic. You should be able to get the schedule and fare information about IC trains which run between countries. There should be regular direct train services from Amsterdam central station into Germany, and Dusseldorf would be one of the first major cities the Amsterdam to Frankfurt service would stop at. There are frequent trains between AMS and the central station. See you there.

[This message has been edited by Shareholder (edited 09-27-2000).]
Old Sep 27, 2000, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

I was able to get on and see the train schedules, but no pricing info is available... Is it to far in advance? Should I make a reservation in advance or just wing it when I get there?
Old Sep 27, 2000, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
Go for the train! Definitely a great way to travel. When you arrive at AMS Schiphol, make your way to Schiphol Plaza and head over to the train tickets counter. For advice on travel to Dusseldorf, just ask at the NS International office.

Journey time from AMS airport to Amsterdam Centraal is 15-20 mins. Fare is NLG6.50 for second class or NLG10.00 first. Dutch Railways journey planner, English version can be found at: http://www.ns.nl/reisplan2.asp

Journey from A'dam Centraal to Dusseldorf looks like about 2.5 hours if you catch a direct train.

Enjoy the ride and bring your camera!

Cheers,
FewMiles in the air, ManyMiles on NS trains!
Old Sep 29, 2000, 12:45 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I did DUS-AMS by train earlier this year. Seem to recall it was about $45 one way, and I just showed up at the train station and bought a ticket a few minutes before departure time.

Tom in Killarney today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.