Search

Northern NJ Later in September

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2000, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Northern NJ Later in September

Would anyone like to do it again?

I had a wonderful time getting together with everyone at the Embassy Suites and Sage Brush a few weeks ago and would love to put together another mini-PIP. I'll be arriving at my usual haunts in Parsippany on September 20 and departing on the 27th. My schedule is open on any of these days, although I would imagine weekends might work better for some of you. The venue is open as well, so if you've tired of all the beer and prime ribs at Sage Brush, we can go somewhere else. Suggestions are welcome.

Let’s consider the whole thing a practice session for the upcoming shindig in Seattle. Must build up those partying muscles!
Old Sep 6, 2000, 9:23 am
Original Poster

I tlooks like we have settled on Friday, September 22 for mini-PIP part deux. So far the list of attendees includes:

Catman
RichG
LarryU

Ruth''s Chris'' Steak'' House in Parsippany is a possibility but the venue is still open.
Old Sep 6, 2000, 1:01 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Pencil me in as "probable". I vote for somewhere other than the Sage. I thought it was a little too noisy last time.
Ed
Old Sep 6, 2000, 5:46 pm
Commander Catcop

I propose the Ruth's Chris steakhouse in Parsippany. Quiet, convenient and popular with Flyertalkers.

I'm in .
Old Sep 6, 2000, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
Here's a challenge (since I love making a spectacle in public, and because this is the mini-"PIP"): We should go to Ruth's Chris in Parsippany and declare the mandatory attire to be Hawaiian shirts!

[This message has been edited by RichG (edited 09-06-2000).]
Old Sep 7, 2000, 7:37 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Enjoyed the last Embassy Suites based get together immensely and of course, I'll try to make this one for sure!

Old Sep 7, 2000, 3:29 pm

You can put me on the list. I should be able to attend.
Old Sep 12, 2000, 11:43 am
Commander Catcop

This is cool, some of the members of the "Alley cats" coming together for steak and fun.

I'm moving this up in case anyone else can make it out. Also: I am hoping we can make it at Ruth's. I could use the quiet at teh end of the week.

Larry U: Plans full speed ahead.

njflyer: Could you pick me up as usual? Thank you!

Old Sep 12, 2000, 1:30 pm

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
Depending on my coursework (which is now fairly light, but could change at any second) I'm looking to drive up Friday afternoon, have dinner with you guys, stay at the Sheraton Parsippany, and drive back Saturday. So, count me in as a maybe, I'll probably make my decision later this week.
Old Sep 12, 2000, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

I'll make reservations at Ruth's when I fly into NJ next week. Time preferences, anyone?

Also, do you want to meet for drinks at the Embassy Suites like last time or go directly at the restaurant?
Old Sep 12, 2000, 3:08 pm
Commander Catcop

I'm ok for pre dinner drinks if everyone else is.

Let me know. I could call Ruth's to make reservations, but their toll free # is 1-800-544-0808 and punch in code 64.
Old Sep 12, 2000, 3:39 pm

Catman I will pick you up at the same place at the same time. I rather meet at ruths.
catman email me to remind me please.
Old Sep 12, 2000, 4:22 pm
Original Member

Count me in.
Old Sep 12, 2000, 4:40 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, Boomer! Great!

Pre dinner drinks at ES again sounds great to me! Hey, it's a Friday, and almost my birthday too!

Twentyone plus!

Actually 40 plus!

Old Sep 12, 2000, 4:53 pm
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
Alas, I will be in Pasadena.....

Ken, are you around?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.