Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

6000 post club! [merged threads]

6000 post club! [merged threads]

Old Mar 2, 2005, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by RobotDoctor
I did not find a thread for this plateau so I shall start one.

It looks as if I crossed this barrier a few posts ago. It still amazes me that I have reached this level and within 2 years to boot. I would like to thank all the members of Flyertalk who made this possible. Flyertalk and its members are a treasure. I appreciate the informative dialog with each and every member that I have crossed paths with.

Best regards and safe travels to all,

RD
Well, I have now crossed into the new legitimate 6000K post club. I have added 768 posts since November 5th when I created this thread. Let's see, that is 118 days ago so that averages to approximately 6.5 posts per day since. (good grief, RD is back into that statistical thing again)

So let me reiterate my initial post and offer heartfelt thanks to all.

Best regards to all,

RD
Old Mar 2, 2005, 12:04 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Well, I have now crossed into the new legitimate 6000K post club. I have added 768 posts since November 5th when I created this thread.
Congratulations, RobotDoctor — and you accomplished this task without the aid of the now-defunct Who Will Be The Next FlyerTalk Member To Post? An OMNI Game thread!

However, I checked to see if you did actually achieve 6,000,000 mileposts — and you did not.

Did you not learn a thing from wharvey?!?
Old Mar 2, 2005, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Congratulations, RobotDoctor — and you accomplished this task without the aid of the now-defunct Who Will Be The Next FlyerTalk Member To Post? An OMNI Game thread!

However, I checked to see if you did actually achieve 6,000,000 mileposts — and you did not.

Did you not learn a thing from wharvey?!?
Thanks, Canarsie. Getting these 768 posts were a little more difficult without the assistance of WWBTNFTMTP.

Did I achieve the 6 Millionth post on this one?
Old Mar 2, 2005, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by wharvey
I do not believe anyone has 6,000,000 posts....
doc probably was in the ballpark. *

So what does 8,000 posts get me? (Other then comments that I really should find a new hobby? )

And to think I added over 2,000 posts between the start of this thread and this post... *wipes brow*

* - Actually, I think he was in the mid-forty thousand, but *woof*...

Last edited by SEA_Tigger; Mar 2, 2005 at 3:37 pm
Old Mar 2, 2005, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Well, I have now crossed into the new legitimate 6000K post club. I have added 768 posts since November 5th when I created this thread. Let's see, that is 118 days ago so that averages to approximately 6.5 posts per day since. (good grief, RD is back into that statistical thing again)
....but what arcane statistical calculation leads you to believe you have 6 million posts?

Old Mar 2, 2005, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Well, you're all getting up here...but remember that the oxygen masks drop down when you hit 10K posts, so it makes the going a bit easier on this side of the Great Divide.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Well, you're all getting up here...but remember that the oxygen masks drop down when you hit 10K posts, so it makes the going a bit easier on this side of the Great Divide.
I'm gunning for 10K AFAP. I want to ask for an "Amen" when I make it.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
....but what arcane statistical calculation leads you to believe you have 6 million posts?

Kathy,

I was just responding to what Canarsie said.

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Old Mar 3, 2005, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
I'm gunning for 10K AFAP. I want to ask for an "Amen" when I make it.
Pre AMEN to you Tigger. ^

Old Jul 15, 2005, 12:23 pm
Suspended

My 6,000th post

Couldn't think of anything intelligent to say in the other 5,999, so why try and be brilliant here.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 12:25 pm

Are they all posted in OMNI? Let me be the first post to congratulate you. Congratulations.

Last edited by travelnutz; Jul 15, 2005 at 12:34 pm
Old Jul 15, 2005, 12:29 pm
Suspended

No, most are in AC, UA, BD, LH, Hertz... My OMNI total would be less than the other forums.

Although I do understand it is derigeur to post exclusively in OMNI, so maybe that will be my goal for the remainder of the year.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Congrats, MapleLeaf. I look forward to #6666. That should be one devil of a post!
Old Jul 15, 2005, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by MapleLeaf
No, most are in AC, UA, BD, LH, Hertz... My OMNI total would be less than the other forums.

Although I do understand it is derigeur to post exclusively in OMNI, so maybe that will be my goal for the remainder of the year.
I really don't understand the stigma of OMNI posts. A post is a post IMHO.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 12:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Thought you'd be at 10K by now, Dov. Maybe the imbedded ads issue will help.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.