Wiki Posts
Search

Jon Toner, SuperDad

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2000, 11:49 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Jon Toner, SuperDad

Jon Toner's response to my trip report made me remember that I had meant to post a visit with him in April. Victoria had to stay up until I arrived (and found several excuses to come back downstairs after she was sent to bed), and Caitlin (or I may have the girls reversed) was having nightmares so Jon brought her downstairs and rocked her back to sleep. Then Patrick woke up, and proceeded to get sick while Jon was holding him.

Anybody who's been reading FlyerTalk for a while would guess from Jon's posts that he's a super dad, but I got to see him in action and he truly is...SuperDad!
Old Jun 7, 2000, 5:23 am
Commander Catcop

Hey Jon, if your F-T identity ever gets deleted you can become "SUPER DAD"

Although I like you as Jon Toner, friend of the Catman, the writing legend of Flyertalk and all around great guy!

Now I hope what I just said doesn't erk the fire of certain Flyertalkers (IE: the Kids and Airplane Seat Post!)

Old Jun 7, 2000, 11:12 am

Actually it was Caitlin who kept coming downstairs. She loves visitors. (By the way, she asked when you were coming back!)

It turns out that Patrick kicked off a stomach bug in our house. Loads of fun. I hope you didn't catch it in the middle of your travels!

Don't worry, Catman. No name change forseen. I'd rather be associated with things by actions than words.

Jon Toner's First Law of Little League: "The frequency with which someone proclaims to be 'in it for the kids' is inversely proportional to their dedication to the idea."

------------------
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."
Old Jun 7, 2000, 1:37 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Please keep up the good "work" Jon.

BTW- Omni baseball note- My son had his first playoff game Monday. They lost in the bottom of the 6th, 9-8, after leading going in, 8-3. Though he hits nearly .800 (somehow, despite being horribly afraid of the ball), he was 0/4, lining out each time (2x deep, a foul into right field and slamming into a double play at second).

His take:

"Not only did we lose, but I didn't even get one hit! I didn't even get to be on base at all!"

"Yeah, yeah yeah, I know it's not whether you win or lose but how you play the game. I know, I know- but I really want to win!

It's good to play team sports!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.