Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 16 Sydney, NSW, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 24 to May 26, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest 16 Sydney, NSW, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 24 to May 26, 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, BD, NZ, QF, DJ, RCC, SPG, Priority Club, Accor Platinum
Two more sleeps and I'll be on my way. Travel details are as follows -

23 May: NZ 881 CHC-SYD Dep 6:40am Arr 8:20am

5 nights at the Hilton (no status - yet)

28 May: EK 412 SYD-CHC Dep 7:50am Arr 12:55pm

For the record, I have booked the Vivid Cruise on Sunday evening.

Safe travel to all and I look forward to seeing you in a few days.

Last edited by chchkiwi; May 21, 2019 at 5:16 am
Old May 21, 2019, 5:13 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Taste of Manly is going on both Saturday & Sunday in my old neighborhood if you’re looking for daytime activities. Just hop the ferry over. I’ll likely go on Saturday.
https://www.northernbeaches.nsw.gov....taste-of-manly
Sounds a good idea, be pleased to join you Saturday if still on.
Bundy Bear and kirkwoodj like this.
Old May 21, 2019, 5:50 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Gorgeous evening in Melbourne

Old May 21, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by tuapekastar

Sounds a good idea, be pleased to join you Saturday if still on.
Of course. Thinking will get the 10:30 ferry from CQ. Weather looking great so far.
tuapekastar and Plainsman like this.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: US, HH

Of course. Thinking will get the 10:30 ferry from CQ. Weather looking great so far.
I will most likely join you as well.
tuapekastar likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 8:04 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Starting to get excited about travelling to SYD and seeing all the regulars and meet the new attendees. Got to keep up my almost perfect attendance record.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Had an amazing time with Qantas. The LAX lounge has fabulous food. Was so full that I mostly skipped the airline meal, except for the soup and desert. The soup was so good that I got a second helping.

Loved the Qantas seat. So easy to adjust. I'm short and this is one of the times my legs didn't have to dangle above the floor because of the adjustments.

The FAs were amazing. They are like ghosts always making the experience perfect. If I used a napkin and tossed it, another reappeared while I slept. My cup was always full.

The coolest part was I got invited to visit the pilots after landing. They were so great, even putting an officer cap on my head and taking a picture with me sitting in the first officers seat.

I am now a huge Qantas fan.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
My amazing trip continues. The Sheraton Grande let me check in at 8:30 am and upgraded my standard award room to a gorgeous room with balcony overlooking Hyde Park and Sydney Harbor. Wow!
bk3day and Plainsman like this.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Originally Posted by QF WP
Starting to get excited about travelling to SYD and seeing all the regulars and meet the new attendees. Got to keep up my almost perfect attendance record.
You aren't the only one.

Now that flights are booked, only finalized yesterday, arriving Saturday 11:40am on Qantas, and departing Tuesday sometime, I forgot what the TA went with, they were free, just got the booking number to choose seats. smile thingy

Just finalized the hotel bookings, I might have had 3 separate bookings for Saturday night, now back to Hilton, that seems like a popular spot.

See you all Saturday.
Old May 21, 2019, 9:02 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
We head off from home in two hours time. A one hour drive to our daughter's place in Moe for an early dinner (Sue's birthday) then on to Melbourne by train and staying at the DT for the night. Looks like I have my first ever UG there.

We'll see whom ever is around the Hilton in Sydney tomorrow from about 2pm.
QF WP likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, BD, NZ, QF, DJ, RCC, SPG, Priority Club, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown
We head off from home in two hours time. A one hour drive to our daughter's place in Moe for an early dinner (Sue's birthday) then on to Melbourne by train and staying at the DT for the night. Looks like I have my first ever UG there.

We'll see whom ever is around the Hilton in Sydney tomorrow from about 2pm.
I arrive Sydney early morning but will try my luck at checking in early. If that doesn't happen, then I'll be checking in around 2:00pm. Will be in touch.
Old May 22, 2019, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold

I’d like to but have a non-FT brunch lined up. Could head over if that falls through, or for the afternoon.
Old May 22, 2019, 6:11 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown
then on to Melbourne by train and staying at the DT for the night
Great bumping into both you and Sue in the lobby tonight - quite unexpected as we came in from dinner.
JohnSydney2000 and chchkiwi like this.
Old May 22, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
Have now sorted pre dinner drinks venue for Friday 24/05/19 - and not a moment too soon

The Clock, 470 Crown St, Surry Hills. 6pm
Pendulum Lounge on 1st floor.
There should be a sign for OzFest

They have Happy Hour 5pm - 7pm with $5 selected beer and wines.

The Clock is around a 5 minute walk to the Turkish restaurant.
Fredd, tuapekastar and YYCowboy like this.
Old May 22, 2019, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Welcome to Sydney everyone! Will catch up with Cocobird first at 11.00am and meet the rest at the Hyatt Regency on Saturday night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.