Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 16 Sydney, NSW, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 24 to May 26, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest 16 Sydney, NSW, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 24 to May 26, 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2019, 6:15 pm

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
World of Hyatt

Did anyone get photos of the WOH sign and event posted up on any social media?
They were generous to give us that fabulous rooftop space at Zephyr Bar free, and also the welcome drinks and great Staff!

Please let me know where all any pics were posted so that I can let my WOH and Hyatt contacts who regularly support my events know 🤗
Old May 27, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Good to catch up with old and new Flyertalkers.

Thanks to Storyteller for organising dinner on both nights and thanks to World of Hyatt for providing drinks on the Saturday night before the meal.

Thanks to Serfty for organising the walk on Sunday, always good to see a different part of the city I haven’t previously visited.

Thanks to tom911 for the photos.

We were lucky with the weather on both Saturday and Sunday, it was just a touch cooler on Monday with almost no rain but lots of wind.

Thanks to GrjApp for the drink voucher used it last night.

Good that Ozfest lined up with Vivid.

Now sitting at the Qantas business lounge only one of 2 upgrades came through for this afternoons flights, but did get here via an Audi Q7.

Safe me travels to all those flying home and look forward to seeing you all in 2020 in Brisbane with name tags. I seem to recall only Johnsydney2000 remembered his.

Vivid

World of Hyatt

Old May 27, 2019, 10:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Storyteller
D
Please let me know where all any pics were posted so that I can let my WOH and Hyatt contacts who regularly support my events know ��
Facebook: have tried several links and none of them post. Closest I can come is sending you to my timeline and the post will be in there for Saturday.
https://www.facebook.com/tom911CA

My photos from the event start here (38 of them from hotel exterior photo to fireworks):
https://tom911.smugmug.com/Travel-Au...kend/i-x3WTsfN
restlessinRNO and Storyteller like this.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
After a few years between drinks, it was good to catch up with the fine folk at ozFest once again.
Thanks Storyteller for organising the dinner.

See you all in Brisbane!
Old May 29, 2019, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by Storyteller
Did anyone get photos of the WOH sign and event posted up on any social media?
They were generous to give us that fabulous rooftop space at Zephyr Bar free, and also the welcome drinks and great Staff!

Please let me know where all any pics were posted so that I can let my WOH and Hyatt contacts who regularly support my events know 🤗
Had I known, I definitely could of taken some pictures of it given that I was lugging my real camera around! I'll check and see if I grabbed any on my phone though.

Well, I got home safely and the QF first class experience was great yet again on the way back. Breakfast, Spa treatment in the Qantas First Lounge in SYD, followed by another great 15 hours in first on SYD-DFW. The customer service manager on the flight was incredible, and I had several nice chats with him throughout.

I also got to experience the new AA flagship lounge in DFW, and stopped by the Centurion Lounge as well. Both nice, but not as much as Qantas first The last DFW-PDX leg was completely full, overbooked as they were trying to get people to volunteer to take a small voucher. I just wanted to get home after a long day, even though it was in comfort.

Thank you to everyone again. It's so refreshing being able to talk miles, points, etc, with such a great group of people. Many others have posted pics, but now that I'm home I'll add one that I took from the Amex lounge that I particularly liked. Hopefully I will see you all again in the near future!

Old May 30, 2019, 6:28 pm
Oz Fest organizers
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Oz Fest
<snip>
So for anyone who was not at dinner on Saturday night or doesn't otherwise know. Oz Fest 17 will be held in Brisbane in 2020 and on the Memorial day weekend as always. [Friday 22 May, Saturday 23 May & Sunday 24 May]

An organising committee has already been setup and we will be full steam ahead next year.

Keep your eyes out for the new thread that will be setup in the near future.
Oz Fest 17 thread is now live----> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/comm...24-2020-a.html
Storyteller and Zorak like this.
Old May 30, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Have just arrived home on an adequate business class flight on United. Am still over the moon about my Qantas flights to Australia.

My first time in Sydney is memorable in so many ways. I had such a great time meeting so many cool, interesting, kind, and generous flyer talkers. Thank you Storyteller for putting together the main dinner events. Also, my gratitude to the many people who pitched in with ideas and/or organizing events. Next time I will bring better shoes and practice walking beforehand so I can join in more of fun.

I plan on coming to Oz again, and again, and again.
Old May 31, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, BD, NZ, QF, DJ, RCC, SPG, Priority Club, Accor Platinum
Had a very pleasant ride home on Emirates in C, but a trip across the ditch in an A380 goes way too quickly. Many many thanks to Storyteller for organizing the excellent dinners and to Mwenzie for all the behind-the-scenes recordkeeping, tallying and more. Also my thanks to the many folk who helped me up and down stairs and had great patience with my very slow pace. The good news is that by Ozfest 2020 I should have a new hip (perhaps even two) and should be able to keep up with the best of you. Loved my time in Sydney with many old and new friends and already looking forward to Brisbane. With the fantastic organizing committee already in place, it's going to be a cracker!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:14 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
Thanks to the organizers for OzFest 2019... this was a very well run event. Great dining choices storyteller - I enjoyed both locations and the food was excellent. Had a great walk around Watson's Bay on a simply gorgeous day; thank you serfty! Vivid Sydney was quite a trip, even from shoreside... and I even managed to fit in the Bondi-Cougee walk before the main event, plus a daytrip to Katoomba. This was my third OzFest and they have all been outstanding. Good going!
chchkiwi and Storyteller like this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Apologies for late reply but thanks to the organisers for another fine Ozfest. I could only attend one event this year but we'll try to attend more events next year.

Good to catch up with familiar faces and meet new faces. Dinner was very nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.