Last edit by: kipper
2016 FT Santa Paws Exchange
2015 FT Santa Paws Exchange
2014 FT Santa Paws Exchange

Participants
Blondiemcl (3 dogs)
jamesteroh (Tugger and Grover, cats)
MissJoeyDFW (Sophia and Jax, cats)
CDTraveler (Hershey and Washington, cats)
kipper (Cobaka, Geno, and Schultz, dogs)
ysolde (Mia and Reilly, cats)
tcl (Chai, dog)
AndrewM (Tuffy, cat)
pbjag (Marino, cat)
kimikoftokyo (Bella-Tomo Yu, cat)
Catman (Winnie and Tigger, cats)
dfwgolfer1 (Mikey the pug, dog)
tfly212 (TJ, dog)
Print Wikipost

2017 FT Santa Paws Exchange

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Shipments en route for Mia and Reilly! One should arrive today and the second on Saturday.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by pbjag
Shipments en route for Mia and Reilly! One should arrive today and the second on Saturday.
That was some powerful nip that arrived today! Reilly just tore right into it (literally), and ended up having an odd, cosmic moment involving her left paw, her tail, and my hair. Not going to get into any more details. Need I say, the catnip is a major success? Happy cat!

Thank you!

Hugs and purrs,
Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by ysolde
That was some powerful nip that arrived today! Reilly just tore right into it (literally), and ended up having an odd, cosmic moment involving her left paw, her tail, and my hair. Not going to get into any more details. Need I say, the catnip is a major success? Happy cat!

Thank you!

Hugs and purrs,
Sounds like the stuff Kipper's canines sent a couple years ago. It is STILL potent and intoxicating to the felines. Periodically I stick some of it in a ziplock with toys that have lost their potency and it "refreshes" their appeal.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Sounds like the stuff Kipper's canines sent a couple years ago. It is STILL potent and intoxicating to the felines. Periodically I stick some of it in a ziplock with toys that have lost their potency and it "refreshes" their appeal.
I believe my favorite moment this evening was when my husband walked into the room, saw the bits of leftover catnip strewn about the bed (with Mia and Reilly sort of lazily sniffing and munching on it), and asking me, confused, "Did someone try to roll a joint on our bed?" "Why yes, honey. The cats did, as a matter of fact."
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:11 pm

I believe my favorite moment this evening was when my husband walked into the room, saw the bits of leftover catnip strewn about the bed (with Mia and Reilly sort of lazily sniffing and munching on it), and asking me, confused, "Did someone try to roll a joint on our bed?" "Why yes, honey. The cats did, as a matter of fact."
I've been known to refer to the stuff my gang received as "Maui Wowie for cats".
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been known to refer to the stuff my gang received as "Maui Wowie for cats".
Not that I would know what that refers to, of course.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:04 pm

Not that I would know what that refers to, of course.
Never lived in a college dorm?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
LOL, I seem to remember being told that it was very potent.
LOL!!!
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Can everyone let me know if their pet(s) received their gifts, please?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
Can everyone let me know if their pet(s) received their gifts, please?
Washington & Hershey checking in. They have received 2 boxes, 1 of which was opened when I was outvoted 3 to 1 (woulda been 4 to 1 if our organizer had been allowed to vote ) about making them wait until Christmas, and the other Washington is using as a perch from which to surveil the fish tank and Christmas tree. It will be opened on Christmas.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold

Thank you!

Hugs and purrs,
Heh- there is a good reason this potent cat crack had to be shipped directly from the vendor rather than detouring to my house first to be wrapped. Marino would have torn the box open...
Old Dec 24, 2017, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by MissJoeyDFW
I am pretty sure it is from Sophia and Jax.
It was a new cat bed for Hershey! She promptly climbed into it and got comfortable while she watched us open the rest of our presents. Washington agrees this is a great gift, as it (hopefully) means she will stay out his new bed.

Of course, Washington is a bit to stoned to articulate that thought at the moment, between the toys Jax and Sophia sent and the ones my Secret Santa sent, he is flying high!

Hershey looking smug in her new bed. She is definitely not sharing it with her brother!

Last edited by CDTraveler; Dec 27, 2017 at 2:43 pm
Old Dec 24, 2017, 10:38 pm

It was a new cat bed for Hershey! She promptly climbed into it and got comfortable while she watched us open the rest of our presents. Washington agrees this is a great gift, as it (hopefully) means she will stay out his new bed.

Of course, Washington is a bit to stoned to articulate that thought at the moment, between the toys Jax and Sophia sent and the ones my Secret Santa sent, he is flying high!
That is great, my cats love ❤️ the cat beds with high sides too.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 9:59 am
Original Poster

LOL, I've given up on buying beds for my three kibblers. Two refuse to use them, the third thinks it is a giant chew toy.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,

Grover and Tugger love their package

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.