FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   10th Annual WineDo - June 11, 2017 in NYC at North Square (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1817035-10th-annual-winedo-june-11-2017-nyc-north-square.html)

DLroads Mar 14, 2017 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Bundy Bear (Post 28037933)
After looking around the the past month i kept thinking the 10 year + was the rule, now I reread the requirements. :o

Hard to find 10year old especially me who doesn't keep wine in the house.

I tasted some interesting wine a few weeks ago which might be good but it was cheaper than $35.00 a bottle.

I can help with that. Just let me know the palate/type preferences and I'd see what I have in storage. Though, fair disclosure, I don't have any (or any good) wines from OZ

dhammer53 Mar 19, 2017 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Bundy Bear (Post 28037933)
After looking around the the past month i kept thinking the 10 year + was the rule, now I reread the requirements. :o

Hard to find 10year old especially me who doesn't keep wine in the house.

I tasted some interesting wine a few weeks ago which might be good but it was cheaper than $35.00 a bottle.

Just to remind you and the other attendees... if you want to go in (share the cost) with another attendee and share the cost of a bottle, that will work. ie 2 people each contribute a minimum of $35 each to purchase a $70 bottle.

I'm going to amend the original theme to say that it would be fine to bring a half bottle of something sweet. $35 goes a long way to finding something that we'll all enjoy drinking after dinner. @:-)

Dan

owlwoman Mar 28, 2017 6:44 am

I would love to join you for this one, flying back from Prague the day before, perhaps I could find a good Czech wine of that vintage year....anyway, please put me on your wait list.

Thanks, Pam

katstarr Mar 29, 2017 7:08 am

Wait list please

monitor Mar 29, 2017 9:33 am

Since I do not keep a list of what I have in each place, I just now took a look at the NY collection and the first two bottles that I laid hand on that would qualify for this dinner were a Foxen Santa Maria Valley Pinot Noir 2003 and a Fidelitas Cab Champoux Vineyard 2007. Unliess the host would prefer that I keep looking, he can put down these two as what we will bring. :)

dhammer53 Mar 30, 2017 10:08 am

Originally Posted by monitor (Post 28102086)
Since I do not keep a list of what I have in each place, I just now took a look at the NY collection and the first two bottles that I laid hand on that would qualify for this dinner were a Foxen Santa Maria Valley Pinot Noir 2003 and a Fidelitas Cab Champoux Vineyard 2007. Unliess the host would prefer that I keep looking, he can put down these two as what we will bring. :)

No need to look further. Your reputation at WineDo speaks for itself. Now about that Henry of Pelham. :D ;)

dh

monitor Mar 30, 2017 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by dhammer53 (Post 28106844)
...Now about that Henry of Pelham. :D ;)...dh

Perhaps a group for a wine weekend on the Niagara Peninsula? Could be combined with some GB Shaw at Niagara-on-the Lake. September is an excellent time for such nonsense.

HPN-HRL Mar 30, 2017 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by monitor (Post 28107594)
Perhaps a group for a wine weekend on the Niagara Peninsula? Could be combined with some GB Shaw at Niagara-on-the Lake. September is an excellent time for such nonsense.

I could be talked into this...

dhammer53 Mar 31, 2017 8:43 am

I happen to be available the last weekend in August.

dhammer53 Apr 2, 2017 8:35 pm

Paypal information will be PM'd in the next couple of weeks. I expect the cost to be the same as last year. Give or take $85.00. That's all-in. Food. Tax. Tip. Corkage.

FYI, feel free to post your wines when you know what you're going to bring.

If you want to source a bottle from me or DLRoads, let us know.

If you want to get together with another attendee and pool your money, I think that would be a good idea. One $70 bottle should (in theory) be better than 2 $35 bottles. YMMV. ;)

dh

mnmag Apr 5, 2017 3:25 pm

Sounds like fun to me!:)

BOB W Apr 13, 2017 10:13 pm

Unless there are objections I will be bringing a 2005 Januik Cabernet Sauvignon Champoux Vineyard

dhammer53 Apr 14, 2017 8:13 am

Originally Posted by BOB W (Post 28176560)
Unless there are objections I will be bringing a 2005 Januik Cabernet Sauvignon Champoux Vineyard

No objections. We know you enjoy wines of the NW, and so do we. ^

dh

DLroads Apr 14, 2017 8:42 am

Originally Posted by dhammer53 (Post 27830571)
ACV has always been a WineDo favorite, and a sentimental one at that.

I've added to the waitlist.

Dan

I'm looking at the list(s) of wines announced, as well as inventory. I offered '90 ACV (still on the table). I'm also taking votes for '97 Beringer Vineyards Cabernet Sbragia 125 Anniversary.
If I can't get votes, I may switch to bubbles. ;)

monitor Apr 14, 2017 9:15 pm

You get my vote for the Beringer since, if I know you as well as I think I do, you will just bring along with it a bottle of bubbles as well. :cool: :D :cool: