Search
Old Sep 8, 2016, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner

Print Wikipost

SFO/OAK/SJC Bay Area Meetup/Happy Hour

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
For those who are interested: I will be in SFO for 24 hours between May 10 and May 11. There is currently a micro do planned for the 10th at 10pm
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...-may-11-a.html
Zorak likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
I think you just volunteered to organize for June
Can't promise to organize anything since I'll be flying in from Heathrow and you know what they say about Heathrow... when it gets foggy you'll want to hea 'throw!

Originally Posted by Zorak
What area will you be staying?
Deadwood City although I'll be meeting some friends in SF and Palo Alto during those days. As for availability I should be good on the Thursday and Friday but Saturday the D0 would have to be in the afternoon as I'll be flying out to SAN first thing Sunday morning.

-James
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
just booked AS placeholder tix for both Thurs 20 Jun and Fri 21 Jun, arriving SFO ~1530 and departing ~2000

update: also snagged DL award redemptions, arriving SJC 1520 departing 1955

the only remaining issue is whether I’ll actually have to be in LA the first part of that week

Last edited by jrl767; Apr 21, 2019 at 10:25 pm
Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Deadwood City although I'll be meeting some friends in SF and Palo Alto during those days. As for availability I should be good on the Thursday and Friday but Saturday the D0 would have to be in the afternoon as I'll be flying out to SAN first thing Sunday morning.
That's convenient for me as I live in RWC and work in MV
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
For the 5/15...
fumi has about 10 tables (20-30 cap) in their back room and about cap for 20 in the front.
We should try to get rsvp here so I can get a head count and make a reservation. If we are 4, it’s easy but if we are 10, then a reservation would be good

ill advise on the dispensary in about an hour.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, the dispensary’s back-room is available for anyone with purchase. They have free water but the shop also has cold non-alcoholic beverages. It’s a pretty room.
Quick dispensary rules: 21 and over with ID. Cash only. I think that we could buy quick-acting edibles (the type that goes under the tongue) but otherwise smoking is fastest effect. $20 cash should be plenty because if we are a group of 4, we could buy a small pack of something for $40.
They have very friendly (and cute) shop assistants who can explain to newbies. I’ve asked a TON of newbie questions.

This will be so fun.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It’s the new coffeeshop but San Francisco instead of Amsterdam etc
Old May 9, 2019, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ugh I’m sorry but I can’t meet 5/15 because my son has a baseball game 5:30-7:30! Just announced today as it’s kid baseball playoff period.
I still want to do this - would June work?
Old May 9, 2019, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by gaobest
Ugh I’m sorry but I can’t meet 5/15 because my son has a baseball game 5:30-7:30! Just announced today as it’s kid baseball playoff period.
I still want to do this - would June work?
Oh, bummer! Although I think it was just going to be the two of us anyway, so we can just cancel.

Late June sounds promising per the posts above.

Unrelated, I'm going to be in Oakland this Saturday evening if any of the East Bay folks want to get together.
Old May 17, 2019, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by jrl767
just booked AS placeholder tix for both Thurs 20 Jun and Fri 21 Jun, arriving SFO ~1530 and departing ~2000

update: also snagged DL award redemptions, arriving SJC 1520 departing 1955

the only remaining issue is whether I’ll actually have to be in LA the first part of that week
Fri 21 is out; tentatively choreographing a business trip to El Segundo revolving around a Thurs afternoon departure
Old May 18, 2019, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jrl767

Fri 21 is out; tentatively choreographing a business trip to El Segundo revolving around a Thurs afternoon departure
if you arrive in Sfo on Thursday at 1530, will you just hang out around Sfo until your Thursday afternoon departure? Maybe we could do happy hour at New England Lobster near sfo!
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Anyone interested in meeting at the SFO Harvey Milk Terminal 1 open house Saturday, July 20? I registered for 1 pm tickets and would need to be back at Diridon for a 5:35 pm bus home.

https://www.flysfo.com/GrandOpenings

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sfo-har...ts-61464561157
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by boxo
Anyone interested in meeting at the SFO Harvey Milk Terminal 1 open house Saturday, July 20?
Drat, would love to but I'm going to be out of town
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Delta PM, AA EXP, Wannabe SkyWest 1K
Anyone interested in meeting at the SFO Harvey Milk Terminal 1 open house Saturday, July 20?
Will be there.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Anyone interested in meeting at the SFO Harvey Milk Terminal 1 open house Saturday, July 20? I registered for 1 pm tickets and would need to be back at Diridon for a 5:35 pm bus home.

https://www.flysfo.com/GrandOpenings

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sfo-har...ts-61464561157
Thanks for posting this. I've booked a ticket now. Perhaps meet up at one of the eating places? Of course, it may be insanely crowded, so....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.