FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   1st Berlin Do - 7 to 9 October 2016 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1715124-1st-berlin-do-7-9-october-2016-a.html)

BOB W Jan 7, 2016 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by BOB W (Post 25544890)
Very interested. I will set a reminder for 330 out to start looking for flights. Will probably arrive early to take in Oktoberfest in MUC.

Originally Posted by ILuvParis (Post 25550214)
Will you be hosting that one? ;)

Definitely interested in this one.

Flights booked for MUC and TXL, hotel also booked, so as close to confirmed as one can get this far out.

Lori_Q Jan 8, 2016 7:56 am

Lori_Q.Friend_1 and Friend_2 convinced me that we need to do my United 2 Million Mile celebration in Berlin! Award tickets are booked! Please confirm Lori_Q +2 (and possibly more!).

QPProletarian Jan 15, 2016 4:25 am

subscribed / interested

ysolde Jan 15, 2016 10:05 am

Flights booked! Now we need to book a hotel (but there's time for that).

HPN-HRL Jan 15, 2016 12:37 pm

Count me in as definite! Flights & hotel booked!

*A Flyer Jan 16, 2016 4:35 am

Opening Posts updated with attendees to this point. Logistics post also updated with information about airports and hotels. Please note the advice not to book hotels in the are around Ku'damm and Zoo as Do activities are likely to be located on the other side of town.

bettertoturnleftthanright Jan 16, 2016 9:52 am

Originally Posted by *A Flyer (Post 26027205)
Opening Posts updated with attendees to this point. Logistics post also updated with information about airports and hotels. Please note the advice not to book hotels in the are around Ku'damm and Zoo as Do activities are likely to be located on the other side of town.

Thanks for info! Flights booked!

beckoa Jan 19, 2016 12:34 am

Originally Posted by ysolde (Post 26023561)
Now we need to book a hotel (but there's time for that).

Hmm... would be good to start looking at lodging options there (for BRG opportunities and point redemptions- but where would work best [location wise])

*A Flyer Jan 19, 2016 2:10 am

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 26041365)
Hmm... would be good to start looking at lodging options there (for BRG opportunities and point redemptions- but where would work best [location wise])

Hi. I've updated the posts on page 1 but my general advice is to aim for somewhere central around the historic centre rather than around the Kurfürstendamm or Zoologischer Garten. The other areas are possible but will then require a trip on the U-bahn to reach the starting point for most activities.

klausa Jan 20, 2016 6:56 am

Count me in! I'm currently living in F-hain, so as close to confirmed as possible :)

arollins Jan 28, 2016 10:20 pm

Count me and +1 in. Just booked award ticket ORD-PHL-MUC with AA. Arrive 10/06 return 10/11. Will book the connecting MUC-TXL separately with Air Berlin. This is my B-day weekend. Looking forward to it.

arollins Jan 29, 2016 10:25 pm

Hi, I'm trying to figure out where to stay. I belong to Club Carlson, and I'm trying to see between the Park Inn or Park Plaza. I'm also member of IHG as well. Any suggestion on which property might be suitable based on location and DO activities will be helpful. We are arriving the 6th, leaving on the 11th, this will give us some free time to explore on our own as well.
Thanks.

klausa Jan 30, 2016 4:23 am

I've stayed at the Park Inn a few times before I lived here and have generally good things to say.

It's not the most modern or super luxurious hotel, but it's very conveniently located and perfectly fine. I also quite liked the view of Alexanderplatz from higher floors, but YMMV.

The only thing I didn't liked about it is that the check-in seems to be packed 24/7 and it always took me at least 15 minutes of waiting in line.

arollins Jan 30, 2016 10:51 am

Originally Posted by klausa (Post 26104967)
I've stayed at the Park Inn a few times before I lived here and have generally good things to say.

It's not the most modern or super luxurious hotel, but it's very conveniently located and perfectly fine. I also quite liked the view of Alexanderplatz from higher floors, but YMMV.

The only thing I didn't liked about it is that the check-in seems to be packed 24/7 and it always took me at least 15 minutes of waiting in line.

Thanks, made booking already.

*A Flyer Feb 2, 2016 5:10 am

Originally Posted by arollins (Post 26104308)
Hi, I'm trying to figure out where to stay. I belong to Club Carlson, and I'm trying to see between the Park Inn or Park Plaza. I'm also member of IHG as well. Any suggestion on which property might be suitable based on location and DO activities will be helpful. We are arriving the 6th, leaving on the 11th, this will give us some free time to explore on our own as well.
Thanks.

The Park Inn is a better location with better public transport connections. I work just down the street from the Park Plaza and it is a slightly boring part of town and only has a single U-bahn line.