Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ann Arbor Art Fair DO 11 (DTW)- July 18-19, 2015

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2015, 10:11 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by BobH
AATA runs Art Fair shuttles from several remote locations -- parking at hotels is not an issue, parking near art fair is.

Bob H
Thanks for the info, Bob H! I was wondering if anyone happens to know if the AATA buses stop at/near the Sheraton at Ann Arbor.
Also, since I already am planning to get a rental car, I was wondering if I got a hotel near DTW (more cost-effective), what the best strategy to park near the venue was? Maybe a central parking spot, from where I can take a shuttle/AATA bus?
Old May 30, 2015, 5:48 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Thanks for the info, Bob H! I was wondering if anyone happens to know if the AATA buses stop at/near the Sheraton at Ann Arbor.
Also, since I already am planning to get a rental car, I was wondering if I got a hotel near DTW (more cost-effective), what the best strategy to park near the venue was? Maybe a central parking spot, from where I can take a shuttle/AATA bus?
AATA hasn't posted this year's shuttle bus schedule, but here's a link to what they had last year.

http://www.theride.org/Services/Even...rtFairShuttles

It lists two locations

Briarwood is near the Sheridan, but "near" isn't really walking distance, same applies to some of the Briarwood motels.

Pioneer HS is across from the big house.

My recommendation is if you can get a substantial savings by staying farther out go for it.

One trick that many of us use, and most of us know about, is to stay near a rental car location and rent the car after the first night and engineer when you pick up and drop it off.

There have been some people who come to this do and pick up and drop off cars on a daily basis making it the rental car equilivent of a MR or SR.

Bob H

Last edited by BobH; May 31, 2015 at 5:36 am
Old May 30, 2015, 2:14 pm

Thanks for all the info, Bob H! Much appreciated! It'll come in handy when I plan my stay!!
Old May 30, 2015, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Schedule has been published in post 2. I copied it to here as well:

Saturday:

Pittsfield Township Hall
6201 Michigan Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI

Noon to 5:30PM

12:00 Introductions of attendees, including how you picked your Flyertalk handle and where you are from
12:30-1:30 Julian
1:30-1:45 Break
1:45- 2:45 Shawn Croomer
2:45-3:00 Break
3:00- 4:00 FrequentMiler
4:00-4:15 Break
4:15-5:15 Shared Tips (a crowd favorite)
Old May 30, 2015, 5:00 pm

Hi Dave,

Please add me for Sat activities. Thanks for organizing again, Phil
Old May 30, 2015, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Also, if anyone has a projector that plugs into a computer for presentation display, please let me know.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Just made the reservations with Original Cottage Inn and Webers.

Original Cottage Inn (6PM) will be one large bill, so please bring cash. We will be ordering off the menu. We will have a drawing for someone to pay for it with their credit card and get a quick 500ish points/miles.

Webers (9:30 AM, which is when they open) will be individual checks and they will add 18-20% gratuity to each check, as the group is so large and I agreed.

Last edited by Bikeguy; Jun 2, 2015 at 11:11 am
Old Jun 2, 2015, 2:23 pm

Confirmed to attend all activities/dinner/meal(s) on Saturday.

Also, any activities/brunch planned for Sunday (post-DO)? I fly out in the evening, I would love to attend a post-do if I can.

Thanks to all those who planned this/made it happen!!

Last edited by AvidFlyer1990; Jun 2, 2015 at 2:24 pm Reason: Thank you!
Old Jun 2, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I vote for Bikeguy to pay the Cottage Inn bill with his credit card, he deserves the points! So bring cash to pay him. You 're welcome Dave
Old Jun 2, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by gpapadop
I vote for Bikeguy to pay the Cottage Inn bill with his credit card, he deserves the points! So bring cash to pay him. You 're welcome Dave
Second that. Arranging such events are often fraught with complaints. At times really feels like a thankless job with " great pay " .

earning miles for $500 is not a whole flower but Bikeguy we can present you with a mere petal.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by gpapadop
Agree! It's a thankless job. Dave deserves this and more.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:12 am

Absolutely agree that Bikeguy should use his card to pay the dinner bill and get the cash from all of us.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:24 am

Programs: aadvantage
Originally Posted by rodg89
Would you add me and +1 to the Saturday, likely not Sunday. Thanks!
I am sorry to say I have been called away this weekend. I was looking forward to my first event. Alas, please remove me +1 from the attendees now.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stravels
Is there any event on Friday, tc fly girl? I was under the impression that the events/dinner were on Saturday, with an option of brunch on Sunday? Good thing I still haven't booked my tickets.
Sorry about the confusion. We usually arrive Friday night and meet up with whoever is available. Nothing formal planned for Friday night.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat (lifetime)
Have not checked this thread in a while but after reading all the posts and getting up to speed..........

1. Any further thought on a Friday night get together? Dinner someplace?

2. Same question regarding a brunch Saturday before the festivities?

3. In the past I have always walked from the library to the Collage Inn, since we are driving back into Art Fair territory, thoughts on parking?

4. BIKEGUY........ "none of the above" for Sunday afternoon activity.

My continued appreciation to all who are contributing to the organization of this great event. ^^^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.