Kansas City Happy Hour Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Viajero Millero
Upcoming Events:

7/31 - Location: Urban Table at Corinth Square in Prairie Village, KS 5pm.

Attendees:
  1. ViajeroMillero
  2. susiesan+1
  3. BlindPilot
  4. FriendlySkies+1

Previous Happy Hours:

2/21 - La Bodega KC/MO, 3pm (703 Southwest Boulevard)

Attendees:
  1. akp
  2. FriendlySkies+1
  3. MCI777
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2014, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium

There has been talk of starting up a regular KC Happy Hour, so I hope this thread helps those of us in the KC area meet up more often, as well as connect with those visiting the KC area!

For starters, feel free to say hello and indicate your availability for the next few weeks. If enough of you have some free time towards the end of January, perhaps we can shoot for drinks, etc., around January 22nd.

Next Event:

Saturday 2/21 - Happy Hour at La Bodega in KCI/MO 3pm. Address is 703 Southwest Boulevard.

Last edited by FriendlySkies; Feb 8, 2015 at 10:22 am Reason: Updated happy hour
Old Dec 31, 2014, 7:29 am
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I'm in

Friendly Skies, thanks for getting the ball rolling on this!

I would love to meet for a happy hour towards the end of January. I have two trips in February but I'm wide open in January.

I'm in the KC Metro area, just sorth of the Plaza.

Anita
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I'm around for most of January. Midtown/Plaza. Perhaps Martini Corner for the Happy Hour??

If we go to Sol Cantina, we can pretend we're in a warm tropical place. @:-)
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:29 pm

Programs: Virtuoso
I am going to keep track of this thread. I am from NE KS and am back several times a year to see family and for business. I would LOVE to meet up with some other people in the area.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:27 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
Subscribing to the thread...

I keep saying that I will visit you, so hopefully we can make it happen this year
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:23 am

Hey y'all!

I'll be back in town in mid-february. Would be really convenient if we have something planned for then! Anywhere in the Metro area is fine...but would also like to add the Legends area as an option.

Change of scenery from all the usual downtown action.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I would love to participate. I live in Overland Park/Leawood area.

Almost weekly travel (Monday-Friday) from 2nd week of January to 3rd week of February, but possibly available most Friday/Saturday nights.

If looking for suggestion, La Bodega in Leawood offers some good 1/2 priced tapas for happy hour. http://www.labodegakc.com/happy-hour
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:37 pm

Programs: WFBF
I'm Lawrence-based. So far, I know I'm out of town part of next week + weekend, and the weekend of the 31st. Couple other things on the radar, but nothing confirmed until Valentine's.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 12:11 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
FriendlySkies, I appreciate your initiative in starting this thread and PM'ing folks you know are local.

January 22nd won't work for me, but I'm all for you taking the initiative and picking a date for the first of what I hope are many happy hours and I promise you I will try and make as many as I can. I'm working on nine projects spread across the US from Stillwater, Oklahoma to Suffolk, Virginia and other obscure places in between, so needless to say my schedule is a mess for the new year already and only getting messier.

That being said, Friday's are best for me typically of weekdays, and weekends are even better for me availability-wise.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
I'd be interested. I'll be posting the thread for MCI BBQ DO X this week as well. Shooting for the first weekend of May like last year.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA MP( 1k; 1MM); Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the thread. I would be driving from OMA and do so often during spring/summers for both work and leisure. Jan/Feb might be doable based on weather.
I will be keeping an eye on dates to see if something falls in place.
regards
Old Jan 6, 2015, 2:16 am

Programs: WFBF
Originally Posted by HJsimpson
Thanks for the thread. I would be driving from OMA and do so often during spring/summers for both work and leisure. Jan/Feb might be doable based on weather.
Do what you can to keep your weather clear for me this weekend, I'm flying MCI-ORD-OMA Friday and the return Monday.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Thanks for all of the responses ^

Seems like most people are available this month. Here are two options that would seem to fit, based on the responses thus far.

Friday 1/23 - Happy Hour at Sol Cantina in KCMO (runs from 3-7pm)

Saturday 1/24 - Happy Hour at La Bodega in Leawood (runs from 2-6pm)

Just post what works best and we'll go from there.

(for those who can't make the January Happy Hour, hopefully we'll see you in February!)
Old Jan 9, 2015, 5:21 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Saturday 1/24 - Happy Hour at La Bodega in Leawood (runs from 2-6pm)

If this push through, I'm in!
Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Either time works for me. I'll keep an eye on this thread for more details.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.