Wiki Posts
Search

Berlin Do September 19-21.2014

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2014, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
Berlin Do September 19-21.2014

So it's official The Berlin Do will be September 19-21.2014. I am still working on the different restaurant options and as soon as I have an overview of attendees will post the details.

Friday September 19

1 P.M. Lunch at MESA located in the Grand Hyatt Berlin. They are offering a Business Lunch 3 courses for 15EUR or 4 courses for 19EUR including a half liter bottle of water and coffee or tea.

Lunch Menu: http://hyatt.com/hyatt/images/hotels...cember2012.pdf

3 P.M Some Aviation related activity like a visit to Air Berlin or a tour of the BER (The Airport that was supposed to open years ago.)

8 P.M Dinner at an authentic Berlin Restaurant in the Nikolaiviertel one of Berlin’s oldest Quarters

Saturday September 20

9 A.M
Thematic Sightseeing Walk covering the major sights of the City. Depending on our walking speed should take about 3-4 hours. Followed by Lunch at one of Berlin’s many Currywurstbuden or Kebab stores at the Kurfürstendamm. There will be alternatives for close by for people with special dietary needs.

Cost: Will depend on Group size 8-15EUR

Location: We will met at the Bahnhof Potsdamer Platz across from The Ritz Carlton Hotel

After Lunch you will be on you're own to explore Berlin. This could include exploring the famous department Store KaDeWe, visit the Bundestag (German Parliament),Story of Berlin( A Museum telling the story of the city with a visit to a Underground Bunker used during the Cold War), Deutsches Technik Museum( has a great selection of airplane on the top floor), Gendarmen Markt, or the Museum Island. If there is enough interest in visiting the Bundestag, I will check if they have any tours available that day.

8 P.M
Dinner: Will be somewhere in the Potsdamer Platz area.

Sunday September 21

10 A.M
Meet for Brunch Location: TBA

For those who are interested and staying in Berlin a little longer, in the Afternoon we will take the train to visit Potsdam and Schloss Sanssouci( a former Summer Palace by German Royalty)

Where to stay?
Every major hotel company has at least one property in Berlin and rates are very reasonable compared to other European Capital Cities. I would suggest staying close to Berlin Mitte, where we will meet for most activities.

How to get there?
Berlin has two major Airport Tegel and Schoenefeld most Legacy Carriers fly into Tegel and the low cost ones into Schoenefeld. You could fly into any German Airport and take the train to Berlin.

So, please come and join me for a fun weekend in Berlin. For those interested in staying longer in Germany Oktoberfest will be in full swing in Munich.

If you plan to attend or are interested please post in this thread.

Also, please check this thread frequently as I will add more information as soon as they become available.

Confirmed
*A Flyer

Interested
El_Duderito
BOB W
pbjag
marbe166
kirkwoodj
penegal
lowjhg
QPProletarian
SQ421
ralfkrippner
exilencfc
jannis
dedehans
Sorry can’t make it

Last edited by roadwarrior365; Mar 9, 2014 at 3:21 am
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
I am an interested local. I should be able to confirm in the next weeks (once my vacation plans have materialized).
Old Feb 11, 2014, 6:46 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Very interested. Will check on flights and hotels. I MAY have a conflict with another event around that time.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 5:06 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Very interested!
Old Feb 12, 2014, 5:46 am

Programs: KL FlyingBlue Gold, AY+, MM FTL, TK*G
Very interested too.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 11:28 pm

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
Confirmed. I will be Berlin based by then so I should be good to go. I probably won't be able to do the Friday afternoon events but will see closer to the event.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
List me as very interested.

I was in Germany around this time last year and would love to do another trip, work permitting.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 3:16 pm

I am very interested in attending this DO. Give it is still my holidays during that period, my calendar is very open.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, QF, BA
Interested
Old Feb 19, 2014, 7:31 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Interested, but I fear other commitments that might require me to be in China that week.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 3:55 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
I mighbt be able to come but it will probably be a last minute decission. I'll stay in contact and see if you have open space for the events then. Thanks for organizing a DO in Berlin!
Old Feb 20, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Interested but not optimistic
Old Feb 24, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Interested. I have good memories of a FT meeting in 2006 in Berlin
Old Mar 2, 2014, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAEC
If you like to visit the Bundestag ( Reichstag ) here yon can
found some more Information.

http://www.bundestag.de/htdocs_e/visits/index.jsp

Enjoy the Do.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 2:51 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
dedehans +1 both interested......would Grand Hyatt be most central hotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.