The Dubai Do 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2013, 2:45 pm
Moderator: Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
The Dubai Do 2013

Folks

Many have been asking whether there is going to be a Dubai Do in 2013. Sadly, I will not be able to help organise the event this year due to present work commitments, relocation to the US and the fact that I am swamped with the Japan Do (which took everyone by surprise as there are 125+ attendees registered to attend).

This does not mean the event cannot continue. There's a great group of core "regulars" who all get on famously - all you need to do is decide who can take the lead this year in getting the event arranged.

Cheers

SIMON
(eightblack)
Old Jan 30, 2013, 3:45 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I sure hope that someone does take the torch & continue The Dubai Do, just like someone did with the annual SIN Do
Old Jan 30, 2013, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Bummer, Simon. It was a lot of fun. We'll see you in Tokyo.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by eightblack
Folks

Many have been asking whether there is going to be a Dubai Do in 2013. Sadly, I will not be able to help organise the event this year due to present work commitments, relocation to the US and the fact that I am swamped with the Japan Do (which took everyone by surprise as there are 125+ attendees registered to attend).

This does not mean the event cannot continue. There's a great group of core "regulars" who all get on famously - all you need to do is decide who can take the lead this year in getting the event arranged.

Cheers

SIMON
(eightblack)
You will be missed. Not sure if I would be able to make it this year either.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, AA EXP, VS Silver, HY Diamond, HI Gold, SPG Gold
Completely understandable, Simon, given your big move and other events. Thanks for all you have done and continue to do.

What can we do to pick up the torch? Can you share contacts and have others step up to the plate? I'd be willing to volunteer some effort.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 4:22 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Don't forget there is an Abu Dhabi DO this year. Many have a couple of nights in DXB first so could tie in. All are welcome in AUH though.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by eightblack
Folks

Many have been asking whether there is going to be a Dubai Do in 2013. Sadly, I will not be able to help organise the event this year
Does that mean an appearance will be made?

I will be happy to assist someone in organizing in anyway possible, depending on the DO dates. Since I'm an hours flight away, it would be easy for me to pop in and out of DXB on weekends if needed.

Thanks for last years do Simon, it was a great event!
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:35 pm
Moderator: Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by KU104
Does that mean an appearance will be made?

I will be happy to assist someone in organizing in anyway possible, depending on the DO dates. Since I'm an hours flight away, it would be easy for me to pop in and out of DXB on weekends if needed.

Thanks for last years do Simon, it was a great event!
I don't think I'll be able to make an appearance - just due to work and the fact that the US government is about to relieve me of my passport for an extended length of time while they process my Green card application...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.