Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

10 Sept.-near SFO- UA Capt. Denny Dinner & Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund Raffle draw

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10 Sept.-near SFO- UA Capt. Denny Dinner & Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund Raffle draw

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2012, 9:54 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
we'd usually take BART OK

but the days before and after are a crazy few days day for us and if we can't get a ride there/back it'll be difficult to mak it.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: UA Premier, Hertz Gold, Marriot , Starwood
Alas, can't come as we are still on Maui and not flying back through SFO until later on 9-11. Have donated however
Old Aug 25, 2012, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Please count me in, thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2012, 7:20 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
I'll be there. -thanks, A
Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:55 am

My Flying Friends,

I just had dinner with 25 Flyer Talkers in Chicago last night at Shoeless Joes! I brought along Capt Dan and Capt John. Capt John owns the T-6 Texan and spent hours answering questions about his racing career. Along with the raffle prize of a ride in his T-6 the winner will also get a weeks pass for the Reno Air Races. This includes two reserve seats for each day of the races and two pit passes to visit all the racing teams. Additionally you will get a weeks parking pass. Ticket package is valued at $500.

Capt Denny
Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2mm, AA Platinum- 2mm, Starwood Lifetime Platinum (Ambassador)
Count me in.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
I'm 95% coming. Just have to make sure another Hurricane isn't coming that weekend.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 9:21 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
For those of you attending the dinner I was in Costco this evening and they sell Max's gift cards. A pack of 4x$25 sells for $79.99.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Pat89339
For those of you attending the dinner I was in Costco this evening and they sell Max's gift cards. A pack of 4x$25 sells for $79.99.
How's this sound?

One of us will pay the bill by gift cards purchased from Costco in advance and we just pay the amount to the nearest hundred. The discount we get from purchasing gift cards from Costco will be donated to the Scholarship?

For example - if the bill is like $934.42, we will pay $900 by gift cards, rest by other means. All of us will save $180.09 - this will be the amount for the donation.

Pat - can we do that? (And hopefully - Max's will not be pissed about 36 gift cards...)
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:25 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by garykung
How's this sound?

One of us will pay the bill by gift cards purchased from Costco in advance and we just pay the amount to the nearest hundred. The discount we get from purchasing gift cards from Costco will be donated to the Scholarship?

For example - if the bill is like $934.42, we will pay $900 by gift cards, rest by other means. All of us will save $180.09 - this will be the amount for the donation.

Pat - can we do that? (And hopefully - Max's will not be pissed about 36 gift cards...)
Honestly, it sounds a bit too complicated with the other things going on that night. Of course Capt. Denny is happy to take any additional donations at the dinner.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 4:06 pm

Hi Pat, Please count me in. Thanks!
Old Aug 31, 2012, 6:12 pm

Programs: Flying Nut
Add one

Please put me down for attending.

Scott
Old Aug 31, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA platinum, HA platinum, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG
Sorry, but work and other things too busy right now for this semi MR. I'm going to have to catch up with you all another time. Made a donation though. Please post pictures/details afterwards.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, NW forever
Put me down as a tentative yes. Will confirm later this week.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:39 pm

Sounds like another good dinner to be at. Wish I could be there, but I'll be in Reno with the race team on the 10th. As long as you are in SFO on the 10th, come on up to Reno and visit with us at the races that week. I will be arriving on the 9th (standby flying permitted - ugh!) and will be leaving on the morning of 12th. Unfortunately my work schedule did not cooperate with me being there during the actual races (12-16). There is the possibility of a dinner in Reno the next weekend (15th-ish), but no details right now as the discussion is in very early stage. If you didn't see it on the Jason Dahl Scholarship thread, here is a picture of T-6 Radial Velocity with the FlyerTalk logo on the front of the airplane. And, if you haven't yet, come over and "Like" us on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Radial...1897979?ref=ts

[IMG] T-6 Radial Velocity by DLohmar07, on Flickr[/IMG]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.