FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   RIP KLC (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1375274-rip-klc.html)

chrissxb Aug 9, 2012 4:30 am

RIP KLC

Alex just sent me a very sad email:

Sad news Karen passed away on August 8th
I'll post here when I have more information.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you :(

Richelieu Aug 9, 2012 5:57 am

Sad news indeed... :(

My deepest condolecences to her family.

chchkiwi Aug 9, 2012 6:23 am

Very sad and shocked to hear of Karen's passing. I met her at various Ozfests and she was always so sweet.

My condolences to her family.

:(

Dovster Aug 9, 2012 6:49 am

KLC was a wonderful person I had the pleasure of spending some time with in Venice, Israel, and Florida (three times).

We are all poorer for her having passed away.

Spiff Aug 9, 2012 6:51 am

My condolences to all her friends and family. RIP. :(

dedehans Aug 9, 2012 7:01 am

KLC

I am so sad. Karen was the first FT friend I ever met. We flew together to VCE in 2004.

A great and smart woman and I am so glad she found happiness with her new husband, Alex. My condolences to him and her family.

I hope to learn more. Am hitting the road right now but will check back.

SeeYa Aug 9, 2012 7:03 am

This is shocking news. :(
I too knew her as a very sweet, kind person, and was expecting to see her in the Seattle area in October.

skchin Aug 9, 2012 7:11 am

KLC, rest in peace.

Canarsie Aug 9, 2012 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Dovster (Post 19088099)
KLC was a wonderful person I had the pleasure of spending some time with in Venice, Israel, and Florida (three times).

We are all poorer for her having passed away.

Originally Posted by dedehans (Post 19088159)
I am so sad. Karen was the first FT friend I ever met. We flew together to VCE in 2004.

A great and smart woman and I am so glad she found happiness with her new husband, Alex. My condolences to him and her family.

I hope to learn more. Am hitting the road right now but will check back.

I met her numerous times as well in South Florida, Venice and other places around the world, and I always looked forward to seeing her again.

I am tremendously saddened by this news.

Rest in peace, Karen.

Canarsie Aug 9, 2012 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Dovster (Post 2933482)
The Meet was was a bigger success than even I had anticipated and preserved for posterity in KLC's pictures...Punki's pictures...and O2K's pictures

The rest of this thread is being left for future anthropologists to discover and study.

Unfortunately, none of these links work any more.

She took a great photograph of me, the wife of magic111 and vasantn in Venice and “burned” some compact discs of her photographs for us.

I know there are plenty of photographs of Karen on the Internet, if anyone would like to post one here in this thread in her remembrance...

Cholula Aug 9, 2012 8:17 am

Very sad to hear of this! She was among the first FT'ers I ever met in person and she brightened up every one of the DO's where we were together.

My sincere condolences to her friends and family.

DLroads Aug 9, 2012 8:33 am

I was sorry to hear the news. RIP

tcook052 Aug 9, 2012 8:35 am

Condolences to the family for their loss. :(

dedehans Aug 9, 2012 8:46 am

klc

Perhaps chrissxb knows of some from recent France do?

Cholula Aug 9, 2012 8:57 am

Here's one of my favorite pictures of KLC (in lavender on the right for those who haven't met her in person) celebrating along with some other friendly FT'ers:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/u..._8298491_n.jpg

restlessinRNO Aug 9, 2012 9:04 am

So sad. My condolences.

dedehans Aug 9, 2012 9:07 am

perfect!

Great photo Cholula.....wine tasting with glee at 10am! What fun we had

monitor Aug 9, 2012 9:11 am

Such sadness. We have tears in our eyes. Our hearts go out to Alex, Linda, and her family.

work2fly Aug 9, 2012 9:16 am

Karen was a wonderful person to be around. I have fond memories of the time spent together in BsAs a few years ago. Condolences to her family.

lili Aug 9, 2012 9:49 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...re4368-klc.jpg

I'm so sorry to hear this. Karen was always a joy to be with. My condolences to her friends and family.

gvdIAD Aug 9, 2012 10:09 am

Very sad news, indeed. My condolences.

Mrs Cholula Aug 9, 2012 10:26 am

Karen was a lovely woman with whom I enjoyed spending time. Her family is in our thoughts and prayers.

SanDiego1K Aug 9, 2012 10:34 am

She was a lovely, gentle lady. Anyone who met her liked her. This news makes me sad. I appreciate the family letting her FlyerTalk family know in the midst of their own grief.

Prospero Aug 9, 2012 10:46 am

Devastating news. Karen had such a joyous zest for life and wonderful sense of humour. My heartfelt condolences to Karen's family, her nearest and dearest

obscure2k Aug 9, 2012 11:34 am

What sad news. I met Karen in Venice and she was a bright and shining asset to our little Do. Lovely woman. My heart goes out to her family.

Pat89339 Aug 9, 2012 11:43 am

Very sad news. My condolences to her family. I met Karen at several DOs over the years and she was always warm, friendly and welcoming to everyone.

tcook052 Aug 9, 2012 11:43 am

I'd met Karen way back at OP's TLS Airbus FT Do in Toulouse in '07, my first overseas FT Do, and enjoyed meeting her at the event.

Here's a group photo with sadly other FTers in it who are no longer with us. :(

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/7...thechateau.jpg

Moomba Aug 9, 2012 12:15 pm

Sad news indeed. My condolences to her family.

SeeYa Aug 9, 2012 12:32 pm

itsaboutthejourney is away from FT at the moment, but asked me to convey his feelings of shock and sorrow.
Sympathies to her family, and may we all take comfort in our memories of Karen's graciousness and life joy.

SkiAdcock Aug 9, 2012 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 19089521)
She was a lovely, gentle lady. Anyone who met her liked her. This news makes me sad. I appreciate the family letting her FlyerTalk family know in the midst of their own grief.

What she said.

RIP KLC...

Traveller Aug 9, 2012 3:21 pm

Oh how sad, I will always remember Karen from one of the first PBI meets. RIP Sweet Karen. :(

BondAir007 Aug 9, 2012 3:58 pm

I am shocked to hear the news. :(

I first met her at my first international FT Do. Along with other FT people. Karen always had a great smile and always great to be around. A very gentle and sweet woman. She will be missed as part of the FT family.

My condolences to her family. :(

ShopAround Aug 9, 2012 4:20 pm

This was taken in one of the ATL SkyClubs. I was fortunate enough to spend time with Karen at a few DOs. A lovely, classy woman. She'll certainly be missed by everyone, including her FT family.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...3_915977_n.jpg

bk3day Aug 9, 2012 5:41 pm

So sorry to learn of Karen's untimely passing. :(

Karen always brightened every room she entered and was truly a joy to spend time with. My sincerest condolences to her family & many friends.

Hunki Aug 9, 2012 5:51 pm

Punki and I first met Karen at the Venice Do, and saw her at numerous ones after that. Our condolences go out to her family. R.I.P. Karen.

Bundy Bear Aug 9, 2012 6:05 pm

Very sad news, thank you for telling us know Chris.

Karen attended Ozfest in Cairns 2009 and Adelaide in 2010.

N830MH Aug 9, 2012 6:05 pm

Wow! I can't believe it. She's just wonderful person and we will bid farewell to KLC.

My condolences to her existence family. We will miss her lots.

karenkay Aug 9, 2012 6:07 pm

i'm so sad--and shocked--to hear this. we met for the first time at a pbi do, and i found her to be a truly lovely person. so sorry for her family, but grateful they took the time to let her ft family know. RIP, karen.

Denolloyd Aug 9, 2012 6:11 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Very sad news. I had the pleasure of meeting Karen about three years ago on a flight. She was very kind and we kept in touch after. Terrible news. She will be missed.

BOB W Aug 9, 2012 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Cholula (Post 19088863)
Here's one of my favorite pictures of KLC (in lavender on the right for those who haven't met her in person) celebrating along with some other friendly FT'ers:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/u..._8298491_n.jpg

A motley crew if I ever did hang out with one. So sad to hear of karen's passing. She will be missed.:(