FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   2012 DTW / Ann Arbor Art Fair Do (July 20-22) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1328410-2012-dtw-ann-arbor-art-fair-do-july-20-22-a.html)

MsEverywhere Apr 16, 2012 1:34 pm

I just booked my flights, so I'm in. I kept waiting for AA to drop below $500 but gave up and just booked on DL.

Frequent Miler Apr 20, 2012 9:44 am

I'm in. I can't wait!

gpapadop Apr 20, 2012 6:14 pm

I appoint Frequent Miler as organizer and sponsor, thank you:D

Frequent Miler Apr 20, 2012 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by gpapadop (Post 18432626)
I appoint Frequent Miler as organizer and sponsor, thank you:D

Gpapadop, do you really want to spend the whole time at the Do visiting Office Depot and Staples?

gpapadop Apr 21, 2012 8:22 am

Of course not...I like Office Max anyway

GrizShel Apr 22, 2012 6:59 pm

Welcome aboard MsEveryWhere and Frequent Miler!

Looks like it is time to start the attendee list, some of you told me of your interest quite some time ago, so if I forget to add you or get your status wrong in Post #2, please let me know.

superdrew Apr 22, 2012 7:48 pm

I'm pretty sure I'll be joining... Also, if anyone is looking for a place to stay that won't accrue any points or any costs, I have a place on the lake about 25 minutes west of Ann Arbor. I'd also be willing to host the group (up to 20 or so), for a bonfire/hot tub/potluck/miles and points talk one evening if there is interest...

Bikeguy Apr 24, 2012 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by superdrew (Post 18442854)
I have a place on the lake about 25 minutes west of Ann Arbor. I'd also be willing to host the group (up to 20 or so), for a bonfire/hot tub/potluck/miles and points talk one evening if there is interest...

Just wondering if I can show up on a non DO night.....

GrizShel Apr 26, 2012 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by superdrew (Post 18442854)
I'm pretty sure I'll be joining... Also, if anyone is looking for a place to stay that won't accrue any points or any costs, I have a place on the lake about 25 minutes west of Ann Arbor. I'd also be willing to host the group (up to 20 or so), for a bonfire/hot tub/potluck/miles and points talk one evening if there is interest...

Sounds wonderful, Maybe Sunday afternoon we could come out there?

Mrp Alert Apr 26, 2012 11:05 pm

I wont know my July schedule until late June. I truly hope to make it again this year.

tcmaes Apr 29, 2012 3:52 pm

Hi, I am new to the FlyerTalk community (as you can see this is my first post), but I would like to attend some of the events during the Ann Arbor Do weekend. Please mark my name down as coming.

Thanks!

GrizShel Apr 29, 2012 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by tcmaes (Post 18482093)
Hi, I am new to the FlyerTalk community (as you can see this is my first post), but I would like to attend some of the events during the Ann Arbor Do weekend. Please mark my name down as coming.
Thanks!

Glad you can make it! Let us know what kind of interests you have for the weekend activities.

GrizShel May 15, 2012 6:14 pm

Bump.

Who else wants to come?

Still time to sign up for 138,000 (potentially) Club Carlson points with very modest stay requirements (like 44k to 50k bonus for a single nights stay!) Unfortunately I believe these promos are going to end July 15, so not good for the AAAF week.

Frequent Miler May 15, 2012 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by GrizShel (Post 18582220)
Bump.

Who else wants to come?

Still time to sign up for 138,000 (potentially) Club Carlson points with very modest stay requirements (like 44k to 50k bonus for a single nights stay!) Unfortunately I believe these promos are going to end July 15, so not good for the AAAF week.

There are no Club Carlsons in Ann Arbor anyway.

GrizShel May 15, 2012 8:32 pm

The closest Carlson hotel family property appears to be 20 miles from DT Ann Arbor - in Dundee.

If anyone is having trouble finding a good rate for a hotel in AA send me a PM, I might be able to help.