FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   2012 DTW / Ann Arbor Art Fair Do (July 20-22) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1328410-2012-dtw-ann-arbor-art-fair-do-july-20-22-a.html)

yyzjake May 15, 2012 8:42 pm

I don't check CommunityBuzz often enough!

May I register as a hopeful? My permanent +1 is finally starting to get interested in this nonsense (she even mentioned doing an MR over the summer!), and I think it would be fun to bring her to this DO as her first as she loves Ann Arbor.

We'll be getting back from a (land-based) trip on the 18th but should be able to make the drive for the weekend.

GrizShel May 15, 2012 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by yyzjake (Post 18582896)

May I register as a hopeful? My permanent +1 is finally starting to get interested in this nonsense (she even mentioned doing an MR over the summer!), and I think it would be fun to bring her to this DO as her first as she loves Ann Arbor.

Of course! Keep us updated if anything changes. This is a much lower key version of the larger Dos talking about miles and points with equal parts just socializing and talking about geeky miles and points stuff - everyone is welcome!

memsrr May 16, 2012 1:51 pm

I am also a new poster to FlyerTalk. I would love to attend the Do in Ann Arbor. I have been playing the points game the past six months or so with mostly credit cards. I never dreamed I could get so many cards and so many points. I already had a free first class trip to Cancun with a Ritz stay and am flying business class to Bangkok later this year all on points. What could be better.

GrizShel May 16, 2012 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by memsrr (Post 18587493)
I am also a new poster to FlyerTalk. I would love to attend the Do in Ann Arbor. I have been playing the points game the past six months or so with mostly credit cards. I never dreamed I could get so many cards and so many points. I already had a free first class trip to Cancun with a Ritz stay and am flying business class to Bangkok later this year all on points. What could be better.

Welcome Memsrr! We'll put you in the hopeful category, let us know things you'd like to talk about or things to do during the weekend.

goaliegirl May 19, 2012 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by yyzjake (Post 18582896)

We'll be getting back from a (land-based) trip on the 18th but should be able to make the drive for the weekend.

I'm the permanent +1. :) I just put it in the calendar! :D

TravelAuto May 19, 2012 8:14 pm

Please count me in ... thanks for keeping the ARB Do alive!

k2o May 20, 2012 7:57 am

Count me in!

Love the AA Do~ Count me in please.

GrizShel May 21, 2012 12:13 am

Welcome everyone! I'll update the Attendee list when I get a chance.

nep301 May 21, 2012 8:59 am

Count me in as well! Looking forward to my first DO.

GrizShel Jun 1, 2012 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by nep301 (Post 18614676)
Count me in as well! Looking forward to my first DO.

Welcome aboard!

Everyone come with your best tips to share - we all have something good that someone else hasn't found out yet!

yyzjake Jun 1, 2012 9:16 pm

Me and goaliegirl are definitely coming.

BobH Jun 4, 2012 11:19 am

Originally Posted by yyzjake (Post 18683229)
Me and goaliegirl are definitely coming.

Mrs Bob H and I are no longer in the tentative col -- we'll be out getting some (rail) mileage that weekend.

Maybe next year?

Bob H

mmargel Jun 4, 2012 11:32 am

Please add me as a hopeful. Have an evening conflict to resolve.

Is this the downtown library to which you refer:

The Downtown Library opened at the corner of Fifth Avenue and William Street
343 South Fifth Avenue -
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104
(734) 327-4200

GrizShel Jun 4, 2012 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by mmargel (Post 18695588)
Please add me as a hopeful. Have an evening conflict to resolve.

Is this the downtown library to which you refer:

The Downtown Library opened at the corner of Fifth Avenue and William Street
343 South Fifth Avenue -
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104
(734) 327-4200

Glad you may be able to make it!

Yes, that's the one. I'll be adding in more details on the first page as I have time.

GrizShel Jun 4, 2012 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by BobH (Post 18695498)
Mrs Bob H and I are no longer in the tentative col -- we'll be out getting some (rail) mileage that weekend.

Maybe next year?

Bob H

Ok - will you be joining Bikeguy and co.?