Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Vancouver,BC Do?

Vancouver,BC Do?

Old Mar 11, 2012, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Aeroplan,Delta Skymiles, Avion
Vancouver,BC Do?

Has there ever been a Vancouver DO or Seattle mini university? I know about the Chicago event in October but wonder if there's enough interest from the west coast?
Old Mar 11, 2012, 4:22 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by weather
Has there ever been a Vancouver DO or Seattle mini university?
I don't believe there has been a Vancouver Do in quite some time.

Seattle has been active with Do's but to my knowledge they were social events, in other words, they haven't been a Seminar Do or University Do.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Where do you want to do this?
Old Mar 11, 2012, 5:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
I don't believe there has been a Vancouver Do in quite some time.
I remember flying up for one, but that's probably been 10 years now. Tropical Flyer, Ken HAAmer and the late Nathan Detroit were there off the top of my head--we had a pretty good sized group. We did a day trip off to some local park with rope bridges (not the one you have to pay to get into). We had one event at a brewery restaurant along the waterfront that I've been back to, and the opening event was in a restaurant by the cruise terminal. I'm surprised there haven't been more Vancouver events over the years.

I'd be interested in flying up subject to award availability and my being around.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by tom911
I remember flying up for one, but that's probably been 10 years now. Tropical Flyer, Ken HAAmer and the late Nathan Detroit were there off the top of my head--we had a pretty good sized group. We did a day trip off to some local park with rope bridges (not the one you have to pay to get into). We had one event at a brewery restaurant along the waterfront that I've been back to, and the opening event was in a restaurant by the cruise terminal. I'm surprised there haven't been more Vancouver events over the years.

I'd be interested in flying up subject to award availability and my being around.
WS has good prices to here.
If you can find D space.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
I'd fly out from DC for a DO in Vancouver. A beautiful city. It would be a great place to see from the perspective of a local.

Last edited by nor4; Mar 13, 2012 at 1:24 pm
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
Originally Posted by nor4
I'd fly out from DC for a DO in Vancouver. A beautiful city. It would be a great placed to see from the perspective of a local.
+1 ^^

Given I'm now living in YVR (until 05/2013), I'd love to see a DO up here!!
Old Mar 12, 2012, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Aeroplan,Delta Skymiles, Avion
Originally Posted by tom911

I'd love to attend a mini university or seminar on mileage running & fuel dumping and would be happy to help organize the event/venue. It would need someone who knows what they're doing to arrange & organize speakers etc. Vancouver is a beautiful city and it's easy to show off.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
I would fly out as well depending on timing of the do.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by weather
I'd love to attend a mini university or seminar on mileage running & fuel dumping and would be happy to help organize the event/venue. It would need someone who knows what they're doing to arrange & organize speakers etc. Vancouver is a beautiful city and it's easy to show off.
You could show it off without getting too organized. Start with soliciting interest, as boxo has done with a possible Monterey FT Do, and go from there. It can start small and grow if there's enough interest and surely a city like YVR can get a few bodies out if little old YEG can field 10 in the depths of winter.

I'm here to lend any moral and logistical support I can should someone in the lower mainland want to set something up in what really is a beautiful, scenic city.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 9:29 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tcook052
You could show it off without getting too organized. Start with soliciting interest....
excellent suggestion, a first Do (when there hasn't been one for awhile), can be as easy as having drinks at a local happy hour joint or grabbing a burger/sandwich somewhere.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would be interested in a Vancouver BC Do. Particularly in the fall.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the summer I am doing a mini RTW so no time.
(June-Jul)
Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: MileagePlus
Count me in. I'm always looking for a reason to visit Vancouver.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: nobody
I am interested. As long as air fare is not too crazy. I probably be there some time around August anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.