Reload this Page >

SIN DO 2013, 1/18-1/20 Singapore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN DO 2013, 1/18-1/20 Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2012, 5:57 am

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Originally Posted by monitor
We are going out with you from EWR but are a bit later over to SGN (Monday morning) and back to EWR (Friday SIN nonstop). We are not about to pass up these tickets (if they hold) and if you (and perhaps mnmag and some others) are game, we will have a good-sized group.
We are happy to go with that.

I'll be booking flights to SIN and to PER for Oz Fest first thing in the morning.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by monitor
We are going out with you from EWR but are a bit later over to SGN (Monday morning) and back to EWR (Friday SIN nonstop). We are not about to pass up these tickets (if they hold) and if you (and perhaps mnmag and some others) are game, we will have a good-sized group.
Yep -- we are a good group, in any case! I am on the Sun. 1/20 flt to SGN.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
IN case anyone is looking it seems SIN is 5ish CPM from the USA
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Would like to take part in SIN DO 2013. Got in on the SQ reward tickets and now have a chance to join in the fun!
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
We're coming!

Just got in on the SQ F availability. My +1 and I arrive in SIN on Jan 17.

Our first trip to SIN. What are the hotel recommendations for Starwood or Hyatt?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Originally Posted by neuron
Would like to take part in SIN DO 2013. Got in on the SQ reward tickets and now have a chance to join in the fun!
We just got ticketed on SQ21 EWR-SIN on 10 January - we'll probably spend the week in Laos and arrive at the DO on Friday the 18th - can't miss the midnight trip to the Hawker Centre

Not to hijack the thread, but I called UA to extend EWR-SIN to EWR-SIN-BKK-VTE (all available on .bomb) but the reservation is locked

I hope SQ does not try to renege ...
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
I'll be there as well from Thu-Sun. Will be arriving from Indonesia. Have already booked a dive trip on the Damai II prior to the DO --->www.divedamai.com.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Speculatively booked some flights to SIN and SGN...not yet 100% sure if I can actually take the time off work, but I couldn't let the SQ reward options go to waste!

I actually booked two options -- with the SGN part as a pre- and a post-DO. Would love to get a definitive answer on the dates, so that I can cancel one of them.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:51 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by bschaff1
I'm envisioning a Thursday dinner for early arrivers. I'm flying LAX-HND-SIN and get in around noon on Thursday.
Originally Posted by paranoiatx
I actually booked two options -- with the SGN part as a pre- and a post-DO. Would love to get a definitive answer on the dates, so that I can cancel one of them.
From post #55, bschaff1 will be flying LAX-HND-SIN leaving Tuesday 15 Jan night, so it would not be a pre-Do 14-17 Jan.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Booked SIN Arrival

Arrival to SIN SQ461 22:40 17 Jan
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:53 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards,many FF programs
Is Vietnam going to be pre- or post DO?

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, I know I had mentioned this before at the 2012 DO and I think there are some good activities that can be planned in the surrounding areas. Also, for anyone that wants to spend more time in Vietnam it's super cheap to fly to Hanoi or Da Nang.

It will begin on 1/14 and go until 1/16 or 1/17. I have to work on the itinerary to come up with a closing date. I'd recommend holding off on flights for Vietnam until the itinerary is firmed out.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:36 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
I'm envisioning a Thursday dinner for early arrivers. I'm flying LAX-HND-SIN and get in around noon on Thursday.
Originally Posted by penegal
CX178 MEL 0100 - HKG 0710 17 JAN ...
CX759 HKG 0910 - SIN 1300 17 JAN ...
I arrive on Thursday afternoon (1/17), so I am in for a Thursday dinner for early arrivals.

As such a PRE-do would not be possible for me.

Departure:
Currently booked on the evening of 1/21, with some flexibility, as I will probably just nest another ticket and return to SIN on the morning on 1/22.
A POST-do looks good to me, pending details.

For most Australians it is worth noting that the 28th is a public holiday in lieu of the 26th, so if you want to take the whole week, you get an extra day.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 6:01 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
I'm also in for a Post-Do Event.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:35 am

I arrive on Thursday afternoon (1/17), so I am in for a Thursday dinner for early arrivals.

As such a PRE-do would not be possible for me.

A POST-do looks good to me, pending details.

For most Australians it is worth noting that the 28th is a public holiday in lieu of the 26th, so if you want to take the whole week, you get an extra day.
I don't mind a dinner on the Thursday too, good for catching up with old friends.
Post do quite impossible for me too due to work commitments
But after 10 days I'm going for a RTW!
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Correction on the Post-DO dates
It will begin on 1/21 and go until 1/23 or 1/24. I have to work on the itinerary to come up with a closing date. I'd recommend holding off on flights for Vietnam until the itinerary is firmed out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.