Wiki Posts
Search

SIN DO 2013, 1/18-1/20 Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:26 pm

Programs: United 1K; AA EXP; Delta Plat Medallion; Starwood Plat
Brad and lowjhg,
Thanks for organizing another excellent SIN DO^
Was great connecting once again with the regulars (you all are so AWESOME) and meeting new folks. I hate that I had to leave and not attend POST DO because of all the work waiting for me back in beautiful Ohio (it was 10 degrees F when I arrived).

I got a little preview of SIN DO 2014 and cannot wait Its going to be good!!
In the meantime, hopefully will see some of you in a few months at OZ Fest.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 9:33 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Thanks to Bschaff1 to putting together another SIN Do, it was great to catch up with a bunch of semi regulars and newbies as well.

I thought I should add some photos, these would have gone up earlier but I have been off work sick for the past 3 days, I hope everyone else arrived home safely and well.

La Pau Sat

DB Bistro Moderne organised by lowjhg, 3rd left to right on picture.

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps1558adb9.jpg

Long Beach UDMC East Coast Seafood Center

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/a...psfe5d8394.jpg

Thanks for organizing a non seafood table, and thanks to GVDIAD for handling the ordering for our table.

Drinking time at the Grand Hyatt afterwards.

Who needs photos posted of people drinking. but I did take a few.

Did anyone get up for Sunday for a walk, I had trouble getting out of bed for breakfast at 9:30am, it was good to catch up with infoworks and opushomes plus a few other for breakfast at the Hilton.

Muthu's Curry on Race Course Road.

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps15e536fc.jpg

Straits Kitchen

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps76f68c4b.jpg

I didn't stay for dinner as I had a late evening flight to catch. My upgrade came through and as soon as the seat belt sign came off I laid the seat flat and went to sleep for a few hours, the weekend wore me out.

Roll on Sin Do 2014.

Originally Posted by Upperdeck744
In the meantime, hopefully will see some of you in a few months at OZ Fest.
Yeah, what they said. @:-)

Last edited by Bundy Bear; Jan 26, 2013 at 6:22 pm Reason: Editing some photos.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 3:54 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Gulf Air Falconflyer Gold
Just wanted to say a big Thank You to Brad and Gary for putting together another awesome weekend in SIN. Had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Look forward to SIN DO 2014!!!

Eric
Old Jan 26, 2013, 6:39 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Sitting at Changi and waiting for my flight back to Frankfurt.
Tanks to bschaff1 and lowjhg for organizing the SIN-Do and Saigon Post-Do. It was really great.
Special thanks to skye1 for crawling through the Vietcong tunnels at Cu Chi. You get a beer in London from me for that.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 3:42 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Nice photos Bundy Bear. Yes, we did do the hike, and I am sure some of you will be surprised to hear that the Olsen twin sneakers survived.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 4:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, and no status whatsoever on the airlines (!)
Bschaff1, thank you for your hard work and thoughtfulness in organizing this!
Everyone, thanks for welcoming a Do newbie like me; 'twas a pleasure meeting y'all

I've finally posted several albums of my pics. Hope you enjoy looking through them .

Also, I do have to give a thumbs up to mixing it up re: accommodations. I loved staying in the Grand Hyatt Singapore; very convenient for the Do and I was treated really well by the staff there, despite being the only one of y'all not at Club level . But I equally loved staying with a local (via Airbnb) -- a fellow tech geek -- in Ho Chi Minh city. She took me to visit her startup, showed me some cool local places... and it was neat to experience how a local lives, despite the lack of the undoubtedly nicer comforts of a 5 star hotel.

Anyway, thanks again for my first Do and Post-Do experiences! :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.