PHX Dinner DO Sunday Sept 18th 2011

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2011, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
PHX Dinner DO Sunday Sept 18th 2011

Last weekend I was in San Diego and attended the San Diego Dinner DO, it was a great time. So I thought about doing one for PHX. Granted this time of year we wont be sitting outside having dinner.

So I'm throwing this out to the people of PHX, Tuscon and or Verde Valley lets have dinner.

Sunday seems to work for most people so how about Sunday Sept 18th 2011 at 6pm Roaring Fork 4800 North Scottsdale Rd. Suite 1700 Scottsdale, AZ 85251 , this allows time to eat and sit around and chat and tell war stories. Now does anyone have an idea on a place, or has someone found a new place they want to share? I'm not looking to go to shopping mall like Desert Ridge to eat. Since this is a month out it gives people time to pencil in this event or change thier schedule to make it.

So lets hear of places to eat, in 2 weeks a place will be picked.

Confirmed

FlightNurse
Baxter&Bessies'Mama
mersk862
gflower-ord-1k
schistosomiasis
hts
alief

Maybe

Aztimm
fenx

Next Time

N830MH
Jaimito Cartero
MRKEY
jan_az
Sweet Willie
ITravelThereforeIam
CKM10
Bonesaz

Last edited by FlightNurse; Sep 17, 2011 at 11:11 am Reason: updating
Old Aug 21, 2011, 10:23 am
formerly Baxter&Bessies'Mama

Thanks for the shout out to the VV!!

Holy Cow, you picked one of the four days I'm in town next month so it must be beshert!

While, I've not been there, I am up for Roaring Fork and the highly lauded green chile mac & cheese. Any of the Ajo Al's locations would be good.

But you pick it and I'll be there! Thanks for taking the lead on this.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Was actually considering organizing a PHX dinner for this weekend, but it was lower on my list of priorities. Glad someone else stepped in and read my mind!

As of right now, I should be in - I'm doing a MKE trip the weekend before and don't have any plans for that weekend as of right now aside from maybe a quick daytrip somewhere on Saturday.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by Baxter&Bessies'Mama
While, I've not been there, I am up for Roaring Fork and the highly lauded green chile mac & cheese. Any of the Ajo Al's locations would be good.
FWIW, either of these locations sounds good to me. I've heard quite a few good things about Roaring Fork.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Sorry that I won't make it this time. I will be in Chicago on Sept 16-18. I won't get in PHX until 10pm. Oh well! Maybe there will next time. Try to find another date.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 8:59 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
hey, wadda ya know, I'm a maybe for this. I have a potential convention in Vegas and haven't booked my flight yet, if I can make it work, I'd make the drive down.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 9:58 pm
formerly Baxter&Bessies'Mama

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
hey, wadda ya know, I'm a maybe for this. I have a potential convention in Vegas and haven't booked my flight yet, if I can make it work, I'd make the drive down.
That would be awesome!
Old Aug 21, 2011, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

I'm hoping you could make this....

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Old Aug 21, 2011, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I'm hoping you could make this....
If I can change the flight early. I'll try to get standby flight. If the flight is full or not full. Whether if I can try to get on flight back home early. I'll try to stop by see you guys in Desert Ridge.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 2:06 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Put me down for a maybe. I'm out of town the weekend before and might also be going somewhere that week so it might be tough but I'll do my best to make it.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Hoping you can make it!!

Originally Posted by CMK10
Put me down for a maybe. I'm out of town the weekend before and might also be going somewhere that week so it might be tough but I'll do my best to make it.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FWIW, I am assuming that many people that will be attending are US Airways Dividend Miles members. With the Grand Slam promo going on and a US Airways Dining Network miles credit counting as a hit, it could be an easy step to earning at least 3,000 miles. Looks like there are a decent number of restaurants in the Old Town Scottsdale area that are Dining Network members.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
Sorry that I won't see you this time. Maybe there will next time. You can come back to PHX anytime in the future.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Yes I just read about it and registered for it, so now I need to start looking at places, Ihate doing this as I get hungery and want to try them all..

Originally Posted by mersk862
FWIW, I am assuming that many people that will be attending are US Airways Dividend Miles members. With the Grand Slam promo going on and a US Airways Dining Network miles credit counting as a hit, it could be an easy step to earning at least 3,000 miles. Looks like there are a decent number of restaurants in the Old Town Scottsdale area that are Dining Network members.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 7:14 am

I think I can make it as well and look forward to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.