PHX DO!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2011, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
He lives about 15 miles NORTH of you, to me that is not VERY close

Not too sure how you get that lives close to you.

Originally Posted by N830MH
You live very closer to me in Desert Ridge. You could come stop by to says hello.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
He lives about 15 miles NORTH of you, to me that is not VERY closeNot too sure how you get that lives close to you.
Was the above necessary? I'm sure the 2 can figure it out & don't need a 3rd party telling them (in BOLD no less ).

If you're interested in helping with a Do, maybe you can suggest some activities, locations & dates, and people can vote on what they'd be interested in doing & perhaps take the lead to organize, with you helping.

Cheers.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Suggestions:
- Arizona Diamondbacks baseball game
- Arizona State Sun Devils football game
- Desert Botanical Gardens
- Camelback Mountain Hike
- First Friday Art Walk in Downtown Phoenix
- Salt River Tubing (summer only obviously)

Just a few off the top of my head
Old Aug 18, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by CMK10
Suggestions:

Spring training in March, preferably Ho Ho Kam.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

CMK10 great ideas, I had someone PM me and they brought up a good point, not everybody is into Baseball (gasp), my thought would be having two events at the same time. So if members partners, wifes, GF or BF want to come but don't want to the baseball game then they can go some place else. I really like the Derest Botanical Gardens idea, the blooms in the spring time are trully amazing.

First Friday isn't what it was, it has turned violent too much gang activity which is too bad, I use to love going to it.

I really like the idea of a spring training game, its cheap, its fun, and people can all sit together without a problem. Games are usally over by 3pm, enough time for people to go back to the hotel, relax around the pool before heading out for the evening event(s).

Would love to hear from others from out of town on events they are interested in. Regarding food, we have some amazing places (ask Guy Fieri) that are not part of the Corp world, so we wouldn't have a problem witih that.

So what do you folks think ???

Suggestions:

Old Aug 18, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA: 2 MM
CMK10 great ideas, I had someone PM me and they brought up a good point, not everybody is into Baseball (gasp), my thought would be having two events at the same time. So if members partners, wifes, GF or BF want to come but don't want to the baseball game then they can go some place else. I really like the Derest Botanical Gardens idea, the blooms in the spring time are trully amazing.

First Friday isn't what it was, it has turned violent too much gang activity which is too bad, I use to love going to it.

I really like the idea of a spring training game, its cheap, its fun, and people can all sit together without a problem. Games are usally over by 3pm, enough time for people to go back to the hotel, relax around the pool before heading out for the evening event(s).

Would love to hear from others from out of town on events they are interested in. Regarding food, we have some amazing places (ask Guy Fieri) that are not part of the Corp world, so we wouldn't have a problem witih that.

So what do you folks think ???
Good points. Divergent activities during the daytime hours stlll allows plenty of time in the evening for everyone to reconvene.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Morning easy hikes is a great way to start the day too... Lots to do here in the spring time..

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Good points. Divergent activities during the daytime hours stlll allows plenty of time in the evening for everyone to reconvene.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Suggestions:

Actually, D-Backs is still in 1st place NL West. Let's keep fingered crossed. If D-Backs will be very successful. They will continued to win the game. Sooner or later D-Backs is going playoffs for first-time ever since 2007.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 3:59 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Since I am a local I may be able to help with the planning and logistics. It depends on the date chosen and my schedule.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
Since I am a local I may be able to help with the planning and logistics. It depends on the date chosen and my schedule.
Good. Let me know then. You are always welcomes to come.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Morning easy hikes is a great way to start the day too... Lots to do here in the spring time..
I've been meaning to hike Camelback...I have a friend doing it at 6 a.m. tomorrow morning but that just sounds too early to me (especially since I have to work later in the morning).

Winter time sounds like good weather to do it though.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mersk862
I've been meaning to hike Camelback...I have a friend doing it at 6 a.m. tomorrow morning but that just sounds too early to me (especially since I have to work later in the morning).

Sorry that I won't hiking in early morning. I'll be sleeping all morning long. I can't go out. Because the weather is very extremely hot out there. When the weather will cool down sometime in October or November.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

THis is one reason why spring time for a PHX DO is the best time, it allows for people to take advantage of our wonderful weather. I'm not one to go hiking in the summer, just too damn hot for me.

Old Aug 19, 2011, 11:13 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

I used to regularly hike Camelback (my record from bottom to top was 42 minutes in my better shape days) and you can do it up through about early April when it starts to get uncomfortable even in the mornings.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
THis is one reason why spring time for a PHX DO is the best time, it allows for people to take advantage of our wonderful weather. I'm not one to go hiking in the summer, just too damn hot for me.
I don't like to go out of my house during the summer, unless it's to the airport to leave!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.