Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Hyatt London Do: 25-28th October 2012 (sponsored)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt London Do: 25-28th October 2012 (sponsored)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2012, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Just an update about a couple of problems brought up so far:

1) The 24 h cancellation policy stated when booking will be honoured.
2) Shoulder nights are now bookable online at the same rate (24th, 28th, 29th).
3) The rate now shows online, although this is at £276 (i.e. including VAT). I am trying to get this changed to say £230 + VAT, as all confirmation emails come saying that 20% VAT is added. Don't worry - the contract states the rate as £230 + VAT single occupancy and £245+ for double.

With regards to the raffle, I currently have 8 prizes agreed, plus another few lined up, up to a value of over £1300/$2000.

Last edited by price123; Jan 7, 2012 at 6:04 am
Old Jan 7, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I just booked online using the £276 rate, for 10/24 - 10/28. I will only need a single room because my +1 is local. Also, my confirmation shows that a 20% VAT will be added, for a total of 1324.80 GBP. I presume that this will all get sorted out in good time, so I won't worry about it for now.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Airfare booked

Just booked airfare for Mr Silver Springer and myself--can't wait to go.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 8:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Starwood, Hyatt Diamond, PC Amb Plat, AA, Delta Gold
Anybody planning to go to the NFL international game? I went when the Saints were in it in 08. We had a great time. Neither team interest me but it should still be fun.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by nub2travel
Anybody planning to go to the NFL international game? I went when the Saints were in it in 08. We had a great time. Neither team interest me but it should still be fun.
We won't be going as it's my birthday that day, and NFL isn't my cup of tea! However, presuming it's at Wembley (think it was last year), Marylebone station in about 10 mins walk from the Churchill, and there is a direct train from there to the stadium.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 2:10 am
Original Poster

I have had confirmation that you can use either suite upgrade certificates or points to upgrade to a suite/club room (even though this is not the daily rate).

I'd also like to state that the prize fund for the raffle is currently at a value of over £11000 (between 18 prizes), and the value of total sponsorship works out at £500/attendee (if 50 attend) or £600/attendee (if 40). Prizes will be limited to one per room - you will only get a ticket if you have paid me for the transfer to Virgin (if you went). We will be asking for donations to 2 funds for people who feel able to do this - 1 fund as a tip for house staff (especially as there is no service charge for dinner), 1 fund to go to St Martin-in-the-Field's charity for homeless people.

If anyone works for a company who may be interested in donating a prize for the raffle, or contribution to a goody bag, please PM me.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 2:25 am
Original Poster

I have a table booked at 4030 for 6 people (thus space for 4 others). If anyone else has a platinum/centurion charge card, it may be worth trying to book a table so that more people can go (currently 8 people are interested). This is a great perk of AMEX concierge services - 4030 is a beautiful restaurant.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I'm interested in the 4030 dinner. I'm not sure if it will be just me, or if my +1 will be joining me.

Also, I noticed that you have me down for a Sunday departure. I am actually booked at the Churchill through Sunday night. (Minor technicality.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 11:00 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Just booked a room -- please put me and a +1 and we'd also be interested in 4030.

Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2012, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

I currently have a slight problem, in that I can't match up the names that the Churchill have given me as people who are booked, with people who have PM'd me saying they have booked.

Please note to attend sponsored events (champagne reception, Virgin, AMEX meal) you must book on the group rate.

Please could you PM me with your name if I don't already have it. At present I can only match 9 names out of 21!
Old Feb 8, 2012, 1:55 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Please confirm me for this event!

I have booked my room at the Churchill for Thurs-Sun and followed up with PM so that the reservation can be matched.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 1:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Starwood, Hyatt Diamond, PC Amb Plat, AA, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by price123
Below are details of the promotions Hyatt Gold Passport are offering (terms and conditions to follow:

1) Tiered bonus challenge:
Starting 90-days prior to last day of event in London, registered Hyatt Gold Passport attendees to the event will be entered into a bonus challenge. They will earn 5,000 points after every three eligible nights, up to a total of 18 nights and 30,000 points. They will then have additional tiers they can meet after the 18 nights, as follows:
19-29 nights: 25,000 bonus points
30-49 nights: 50,000 bonus points
50-74 nights: 75,000 bonus points
75-89 nights: 100,000 bonus points

2) Diamond trial membership:
For non-diamond members registered with Gold Passport, a trial diamond membership will be available, starting on the last day of the event and lasting 60 days. To maintain diamond status, they will need to stay 12 nights within those 60 days and this will grant diamond status until February 2014.

3) For existing diamond members:
Members of Gold Passport who are diamond members as of the last day of the event will receive 2 extra guaranteed suite upgrade awards, valid for 6 months from date of issue (within 10 business days of the end of the event).

4) There will be some Hyatt prizes on offer as well eg free nights, bonus points etc.

This means that attendees with diamond membership will be granted club access, and if anyone books a club room, the hotel will upgrade to a suite (upon availability). The hotel will also provide amenities, possibly above the normal.

For costs:
The hotel is £230+ VAT per night including breakfast
Transport to and from Virigin Atlantic at Gatwick will be around £10 pp
If you want brunch on Sunday (includes unlimited house champagne), the upgrade cost (from B+B) is £30pp

The cost of the champagne reception and gala dinner is covered by sponsorship. Any other food is not covered, although if you are a diamond member, there is enough in the evenings for dinner.
Please help me to insure I understand the offers listed above. I have just received a soft landing from diamond to plat. How many of the options am I eligible to participate also can you give exact starting and end dates of options 1 & 2?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by nub2travel; Feb 17, 2012 at 3:24 pm
Old Feb 18, 2012, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Please help me to insure I understand the offers listed above. I have just received a soft landing from diamond to plat. How many of the options am I eligible to participate also can you give exact starting and end dates of options 1 & 2?

Thanks for your help.
I am still awaiting t&c from gold passport but will publish them as soon as I receive them. From what I understand, you would be eligible for 1 & 2, unless you make diamond before the event.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:02 pm

I am hoping you can answer this question. Will the London stay count as one the 12 for the diamond trail? I am concerned about this because I have three suite upgrades I need to make reservations for by the end of the month.

thanks for any help you can give.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
I am hoping you can answer this question. Will the London stay count as one the 12 for the diamond trail? I am concerned about this because I have three suite upgrades I need to make reservations for by the end of the month.

thanks for any help you can give.
I would believe so, since the 'stay' will begin before the 'last' day (of the DO) which is when the promo will end. I imagine this will be confirmed in the T&Cs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.