Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Hyatt London Do: 25-28th October 2012 (sponsored)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt London Do: 25-28th October 2012 (sponsored)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I just noticed this thread and as a newly minted Hyatt Diamond I figured I would like to attend. However, I notice that the Champagne reception and the Amex dinner appear to be sold out.

If there is a waitlist and if it clears for those two, I will be there along with my +1. If it does not clear, c'est la vie.

We have been to too many airports and too many airline dog and pony shows for the VS visit to be of any interest to us. We can certainly find something else to do over there that day.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by silver springer
Does the "+1" also qualify to take part in the Hyatt Gold Passport promotion (in my case, Mr. Silver Springer)?
We are also interested in paying extra if we need to for Mr. Silver Springer for the Hyatt reception--we are staying 3 nights at the Hyatt and can't stay for 4 nights.
Thanks.
The only way for any +1 to qualify for promotion is to stay 4 nights so you both have the 2 qualifying nights. I will pass on information about the reception when it is more clear.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by monitor
I just noticed this thread and as a newly minted Hyatt Diamond I figured I would like to attend. However, I notice that the Champagne reception and the Amex dinner appear to be sold out.

If there is a waitlist and if it clears for those two, I will be there along with my +1. If it does not clear, c'est la vie.

We have been to too many airports and too many airline dog and pony shows for the VS visit to be of any interest to us. We can certainly find something else to do over there that day.
You are welcome to attend and I can put you on the waiting list for sponsored events. We cannot increase capacity for the Amex dinner due to room capacity; the champagne reception is a little more flexible.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Dia SPG Gold Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by price123
I am currently having problems with Google Checkout. Hopefully this will be sorted soon. I can accept payment by PayPal (PM for details). Sorry for the inconvenience.
Google checkout is working again.

No need to apologize, you are doing a lot of work on my behalf. I am sorry I didn't get my transfers booked when you first asked.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are welcome to attend and I can put you on the waiting list for sponsored events. We cannot increase capacity for the Amex dinner due to room capacity; the champagne reception is a little more flexible.
I understand that but it is quite a few months until late October and things can happen and people who thought they can make it eventually cannot. If such were to happen, we will stand ready to occupy whatever seats do come vacant. If not, is not and there will be another time.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by monitor
I understand that but it is quite a few months until late October and things can happen and people who thought they can make it eventually cannot. If such were to happen, we will stand ready to occupy whatever seats do come vacant. If not, is not and there will be another time.
I will put you on waiting list. I am expecting cancellations but I don't know how many.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:04 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA GS/1K/2MM, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Just saw the thread and am certainly interested even if I don't make all the events but it would be nice to have the first post (or close) updated to reflect what the whole picture is. Some of us country folks have only dial up and weeding throught 11 or 12 pages of ??? is a pain.

How about updating a status page and placing a link to it if not on the first.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spaceman
Just saw the thread and am certainly interested even if I don't make all the events but it would be nice to have the first post (or close) updated to reflect what the whole picture is. Some of us country folks have only dial up and weeding throught 11 or 12 pages of ??? is a pain.

How about updating a status page and placing a link to it if not on the first.
The website is updated regularly (link on first page)
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:51 am

Thanks. I am on waiting list. Haven't booked hotel yet as waiting for my new Hilton gold card to come through but should be in next few days.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Thanks. I am on waiting list. Haven't booked hotel yet as waiting for my new Hilton gold card to come through but should be in next few days.
Hilton? You got the right thread?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:09 pm

Hilton? You got the right thread?
Whoops meant hyatt card. Too many cards too little time!
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:21 am
Original Poster

The Churchill have kindly agreed to increase the sponsorship for the champagne reception to 50 people. In addition, there will be a small reception for up to 12 people in the club lounge, with wine and canapes (this is after the normal happy hour in the club lounge). I will confirm people for the champagne reception in order of registration/hotel booking. If anyone would prefer the smaller reception in the club lounge, let me know.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
You are terrific for doing this!

The Churchill have kindly agreed to increase the sponsorship for the champagne reception to 50 people. In addition, there will be a small reception for up to 12 people in the club lounge, with wine and canapes (this is after the normal happy hour in the club lounge). I will confirm people for the champagne reception in order of registration/hotel booking. If anyone would prefer the smaller reception in the club lounge, let me know.
Thank you so much!! Looking forward to London in October!!
Old Apr 2, 2012, 7:32 am
Original Poster

I have put a new form on the registration page on www.hyattlondondo2012.weebly.com so people can arrange taxi sharing etc if they want to.

Also, can I please remind people that to participate in the promotions, you must register on the website, and I also need all those confirmed for Virgin to pay the transport fee (I thought this would be possible on the day, but I have to pay in advance).
Old May 5, 2012, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the event that both the Champagne Reception and the Amex Dinner do open for the two of us, I have made a flex reservation at the Churchill for 10/25-29. I have also filled out the registration form evidencing our interest since I have no idea where we might be on any wait list.

If we do attend the Do, we also would be interested in 4030 on Friday and both of us have Amex Cent cards, if that is important.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.