"Chicago Seminars 2011" October 29 and 30 Registration Open

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Chicago Seminars 2011" October 29 and 30 Registration Open

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2011, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
The pick up place is called the "shuttle center". There are signs by baggage claim that will lead you there inside. There are no signs to lead you there outside, but any airport employee can point you there.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 11:44 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
I'm just taking a cab - as it is I'm not arriving at ORD until midnight unless I cut out of work early and move to an earlier flight.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 4:16 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Wish I can attend an event like this! Here's hoping you guys can do it in LA one of these years!
Old Oct 8, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA, SPG, Hilton, Mrt., PC, Hertz
Can someone tell me if the overflow hotel is booked? I have tried the group code of FLY and I can only come up with $190 per nite.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by skyemema
Can someone tell me if the overflow hotel is booked? I have tried the group code of FLY and I can only come up with $190 per nite.
I just checked the overflow using the codes FY1 and FYN (with breakfast/without) and it shows no availability.

The reason I was checking was to see whether I could get out of the King room I booked into a 2 Queen, and happily I could after calling even though the hotel shows no availability for the conference codes.

I do have another question. My hotel reservation confirmation does not show that I booked with breakfast, though I did. Does anyone's confirmation from the HI Rosemont show whether you included breakfast? My PC reservation confirmations have been kind of random lately.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 9:30 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by skyemema
we may have filled our block at the overflow. I'll try calling Tuesday as I'm in the air Monday
Old Oct 8, 2011, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Question mega reply

Originally Posted by miffSC
We are going to do our best to have T-shirts once again this year ...http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5ZQ2LDG
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
SURVEY HAS BEEN SENT through Eventbrite. Please fill it out to help miffSC's planning efforts. Thanks.
Originally Posted by miffSC
259 people have responded to the T-shirt Survey ...
Great job with SurveyMonkey and great job making the swag. Look forward to supporting our charity of choice!
476 this morning...
and great job to all the organizers for their tireless work.

Originally Posted by Lycangeek
To maximize my SPG points, I went ahead and grabbed two nights at the Westin Chicago NW. I, obviously, also grabbed a rental car - so if anyone wants to carpool, let me know..
Originally Posted by CaseyN2
... I am staying at the Westin Chicago North, 28-29 and Sheraton Suite Elk Grove Village 29-30. Both hotels are fairly close to the Holiday Inn, if you need a ride let me know.
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
I fly out at 5:05am Monday. So I'm not even sure what the point of trying to sleep is...
If you guys or anyone wants to carpool from the Westin Chicago to make a Mon Oct 31 6am flight (thus 4a depart hotel?), PM me.

Originally Posted by ingy
Seminar Registration is Now Open 3/15/2011 ... Registration Link...
Originally Posted by Richard Chen
I'm registered ...
Thank goodness EventBrite has a print tickets feature else I'd not be able to find my ticket's pdf.

Can't wait to see y'alls!
Old Oct 9, 2011, 2:15 am

Is there any penalty to cancel reservation at overflow hotel? the rate information on priorityclub website didn't say anything. My reservation is confirmed, but I did not provide my card info.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ingy
we may have filled our block at the overflow. I'll try calling Tuesday as I'm in the air Monday
I'll email the hotel sales office right now and should hear Monday.

Assuming the overflow hotel is full, you might look at the following PC Pointsbreak hotels for availability. 5000 PC points, very cheap.

Check the distance from the host hotel before booking. Might need a car. There are some folks staying in Itasca, so maybe you could carpool.

CANDLEWOOD SUITES CHICAGO-O`HARE
CROWNE PLAZA GLEN ELLYN/LOMBARD
HOLIDAY INN CHICAGO WEST-ITASCA
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS CHICAGO-PALATINE/N ARLNGTN HTS
Old Oct 10, 2011, 9:12 am

Is there anyone arriving Sat. am who would be interested in sharing a cab to the host hotel? My arrival time and the seminar start time might be a bit tight to wait for the shuttle.

How long is the trip btw ORD and the host hotel? (info on Trip Advisor lists 20 mins.)

Last edited by znke252; Oct 10, 2011 at 9:49 am Reason: Added info from Trip Advisor
Old Oct 10, 2011, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just talked to Sylvia, head of sales at the Elk Grove Village Holiday Inn about some of the logistics.

They are still finalizing arrangement for ORD transportation (and to/from the overflow hotel), but they have 3 of those (roughly) 14-person shuttles that will be constantly running, as they normally do. The overflow hotel has 4. In addition, there will be a school bus for 3 hours both morning and evening both Saturday and Sunday. There will be a posted schedule for the shuttles. More details to come.

She confirms that the overflow hotel ran out of rooms for our block, but she is contacting them today to get some more rooms allocated. I will post that info when I get it. Please be ready to reserve.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The overflow hotel has allocated another 10 rooms for us. Same codes as before.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

HOLIDAY INN – ELK GROVE AIRPORT SHUTTLE INSTRUCTIONS

FROM BAGGAGE CLAIM AREAS OF TERMINALS 1, 2 OR 3

• Contact hotel via courtesy phone #37 – phones located at baggage claim and shuttle center
• Take the elevator downstairs and follow the red signs for the bus/ shuttle center
• Take elevator 3 or 4 upstairs to bus/ shuttle center, go to door 2 and await shuttle.
• Look for the “Holiday Inn – Elk Grove” Sign on the Shuttle Bus

FROM INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL #5

• Contact hotel via courtesy phone #37- located at terminal 5 baggage claim
• Go to the lower level of terminal 5
• The shuttle stops outside door 5E at the island in the driveway
Old Oct 11, 2011, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Only 3 days left to register! Tell your friends.

Up to 497 now.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 7:26 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Up to 497 now.
You should consider updating the top of Post #1 (in big red bold letters) to say: Registration closes October 14th!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.