Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Join us for a flight with Captain Denny on March 26 (and dinner on March 25) 2011!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Join us for a flight with Captain Denny on March 26 (and dinner on March 25) 2011!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2011, 1:27 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Thanks Pat, I think that would be helpful, if you don't mind (though maybe you don't need all 40 of them, some can hopefully share).
No problem. It's better if everyone has their own. The other side can be used to keep track of what they ordered, so you don't need to recirculate the menu.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 1:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite, Avis First, Hertz PC
I am in for dinner on Saturday in the ORD area. Staying at the IC ORD.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG
We are flying thru SFO tomorrow on our way to Asia and will try to VDB.

If so, we'd like to join for dinner if a couple slots are still available, or else just join for drinks to say hi.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 3:08 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Before I make that long trek home downtown, I'm game for dinner.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 4:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Count me out for ORD dinner because I don't want to be walking from train stop to the Blackstone at midnight.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Before I make that long trek home downtown, I'm game for dinner.
You'll be bringing gifts for all, right?
Old Mar 24, 2011, 4:29 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
You'll be bringing gifts for all, right?
My present is my presence. Or the other way around.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 4:31 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by kalkat
If there's still room, Mr. kalkat and I would like to join you.
Yaaayyyyy! ^

And heads up to the folks flying in.....It's noah's ark weather today with mots expected for Friday so bring your swim fins* and expect ATC delays....

*While seeing F/t'ers in swim fins would make for a great picture, feh on the latter
Old Mar 24, 2011, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Saturday dinner - ORD area

I'm in - and very likely will be +1.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NW forever
Please add me to Friday dinner assuming there's space. Anyone who wants to carpool to/from the Peninsula (I'm in Palo Alto) please PM me.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
And thanks to all those that offered to give Capt. Denny +1 a ride. He's good to go.

Just a quick reminder about dinner tomorrow. Since it's a large party we'll be on one check, so please bring cash. Also, I'll get this out of the way now. I always do the "honor system" at Dos whereby everyone chips in what they think they consumed, as opposed to an even split, because understandably the person that orders the cheapest thing on the menu and drinks water doesn't want to pay for the person that had six beers and a filet mignon. That being said, the past few Dos we've been way short. I mean, hundreds of dollars short.

So please keep in mind gratuity, how much you drank, and how high taxes and in California, and maybe add a few extra bucks so we don't end up several hundred dollars short this time.

Thanks!
^ Thank you for posting that--I was going to post it myself. Last DO at UA Employee Day in SFO was disgraceful.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
My present is my presence. Or the other way around.
That works

Originally Posted by dfreeman02
Please add me to Friday dinner assuming there's space. Anyone who wants to carpool to/from the Peninsula (I'm in Palo Alto) please PM me.
Were you able to convince your wife to let you fly with us?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 3:00 am

Location: MCO (Big Iron), ORL (Little Iron) formerly SFO and PAO/SFB
Programs: UA 1MM/Gold/UC, SPG PLT LTG, Marriott PLT, peon at AA, AC, BR, B6, DL, NH, and WN
Quick show of hands: How many of you would be up for dinner near ORD on Saturday night? We'll mostly be on west coast time, so it'll likely be around 9PM, which is still a reasonable hour. Captain John McFadden might be able to join us as well.
Unless I'm being summoned to GRB after landing, I'm game.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Dinner on Saturday

Given that it looks like there will be arctic temperatures in Chicago over the weekend (by my definition), I'm trying to keep us all inside as much as possible. I figure if we at least pick one of the hotels it'll be easy for us all to take a shuttle there, as opposed to having to cab it. And I believe more people are staying at the InterContinental than any other hotel.

Anyway, the InterContinental has Bistro Mueso and a convenient shuttle, and I can always host for free drinks after, as I should have a suite with minibar privileges. Alternatively I'd be happy to just order a few pizzas from Giordanos, as the suite should be just as comfortable. Anyway, let's say 8:30PM in the lobby of the IC? If anyone wants to head there right away with me, that works great too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.