FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Join us for a flight with Captain Denny on March 26 (and dinner on March 25) 2011! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1185151-join-us-flight-captain-denny-march-26-dinner-march-25-2011-a.html)

fuw3 Mar 23, 2011 10:43 pm

Change fuw3 +1 guest to confirmed for dinner. See you all there! Thanks!

myairr Mar 23, 2011 11:18 pm

Count me in for the dinner

Lucky, Please count me in for the dinner. Looking forward to meet all of you on Friday.

MatthewLAX Mar 24, 2011 2:00 am

Originally Posted by trainman74 (Post 16088464)
I'll be on this flight, too -- a few rows in back of you unless there's a miraculous UDU.

Let's hope for a miracle!

bk3day Mar 24, 2011 4:43 am

aaaah ....as expected this lowly T fare is still firmly planted in Y.

lucky9876coins Mar 24, 2011 9:35 am

Would any local be able to give Captain Denny and his FO a ride from their hotel to Max's (they're only half a mile apart)? If so, please shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

MatthewLAX Mar 24, 2011 11:16 am

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins (Post 16093430)
Would any local be able to give Captain Denny and his FO a ride from their hotel to Max's (they're only half a mile apart)? If so, please shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

Where's FlyinHawaiian when you need him? ;)

lucky9876coins Mar 24, 2011 11:32 am

And thanks to all those that offered to give Capt. Denny +1 a ride. He's good to go.:)

Just a quick reminder about dinner tomorrow. Since it's a large party we'll be on one check, so please bring cash. Also, I'll get this out of the way now. I always do the "honor system" at Dos whereby everyone chips in what they think they consumed, as opposed to an even split, because understandably the person that orders the cheapest thing on the menu and drinks water doesn't want to pay for the person that had six beers and a filet mignon. That being said, the past few Dos we've been way short. I mean, hundreds of dollars short.

So please keep in mind gratuity, how much you drank, and how high taxes and in California, and maybe add a few extra bucks so we don't end up several hundred dollars short this time.

Thanks!:)

gomike Mar 24, 2011 11:45 am

nice a place to spend my gold coins :D

Pat89339 Mar 24, 2011 11:58 am

Ben I'm happy to print off 40+ copies of the Tax and Tip chart I use at my dinner DOs. It works quite well with groups and my last dinner which had 42 FTers we did not come up short.

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins (Post 16094297)
Just a quick reminder about dinner tomorrow. Since it's a large party we'll be on one check, so please bring cash. Also, I'll get this out of the way now. I always do the "honor system" at Dos whereby everyone chips in what they think they consumed, as opposed to an even split, because understandably the person that orders the cheapest thing on the menu and drinks water doesn't want to pay for the person that had six beers and a filet mignon. That being said, the past few Dos we've been way short. I mean, hundreds of dollars short.

So please keep in mind gratuity, how much you drank, and how high taxes and in California, and maybe add a few extra bucks so we don't end up several hundred dollars short this time.

Thanks!:)

lucky9876coins Mar 24, 2011 1:08 pm

Quick show of hands: How many of you would be up for dinner near ORD on Saturday night? We'll mostly be on west coast time, so it'll likely be around 9PM, which is still a reasonable hour. Captain John McFadden might be able to join us as well.

Originally Posted by Pat89339 (Post 16094533)
Ben I'm happy to print off 40+ copies of the Tax and Tip chart I use at my dinner DOs. It works quite well with groups and my last dinner which had 42 FTers we did not come up short.

Thanks Pat, I think that would be helpful, if you don't mind (though maybe you don't need all 40 of them, some can hopefully share).

kalkat Mar 24, 2011 1:12 pm

If there's still room, Mr. kalkat and I would like to join you.

FriendlySkies Mar 24, 2011 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Pat89339 (Post 16094533)

+1

That dinner worked very well. I think everybody would prefer to not pay for other FTers attending the dinner.

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins (Post 16094986)
Quick show of hands: How many of you would be up for dinner near ORD on Saturday night? We'll mostly be on west coast time, so it'll likely be around 9PM, which is still a reasonable hour. Captain John McFadden might be able to join us as well.

I am staying at the ORD Hyatt on Saturday night, so as long as it was nearby (I won't have a car), I would go.

jmd001 Mar 24, 2011 1:20 pm

Quick show of hands: How many of you would be up for dinner near ORD on Saturday night?

^ No "hands up" icon on FT, so I'll use a thumbs up.

Note that the weather forecast for ORD area doesn't really have the temp going above freezing through Sunday. Hence, should probably try to minimize walking outside ... at least for us wimpy Californians (and Floridians?). :D

FriendlySkies Mar 24, 2011 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by jmd001 (Post 16095078)
^ No "hands up" icon on FT, so I'll use a thumbs up.

Note that the weather forecast for ORD area doesn't really have the temp going above freezing through Sunday. Hence, should probably try to minimize walking outside ... at least for us Californians (and Floridians?). :D

^

The ORD Hyatt has a restaurant that is open until 10pm, as well as a bar that serves food.

http://www.ohare.hyatt.com/hyatt/hot...ex.jsp#8933937

Top of climb Mar 24, 2011 1:23 pm

I'm game.