FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Join us for a flight with Captain Denny on March 26 (and dinner on March 25) 2011! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1185151-join-us-flight-captain-denny-march-26-dinner-march-25-2011-a.html)

lucky9876coins Mar 22, 2011 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by iluv2fly (Post 16082447)
:p

FriendlySkies, just don't let iluv2fly offer you his breadstick(s), as he's known to do...:eek:

Originally Posted by BTA (Post 16082620)

Also waitlisted, H class

H class?!?!? Darn you! So this should actually be an interesting experiment as to how upgrade clearance actually works. Anyone else booked above a "V" class?

Originally Posted by fooko2002 (Post 16082649)
The party will definitely be in E+, didn't I hear UA installed Xbox Kinect on their 763 fleet? lucky9876coins will be busting out his wicked moves to Poker Face! ;)

C'mon now, I'll be too busy listening to Channel 9 making sure Captain Denny doesn't miss any calls. ;)

goalie Mar 22, 2011 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins (Post 16082728)
FriendlySkies, just don't let iluv2fly offer you his breadstick(s), as he's known to do...:eek:.....

You're no fun-shhhhhhhh ;)

mmsnow Mar 22, 2011 5:24 pm

New to Flyertalk, but avid reader of Lucky's blog.

Put me down for the dinner and the pre-party only. I live in the East Bay and so will drive. If anyone needs a ride from anywhere else (even from SJC to restaurant), I would be happy to help. Just send me a PM to arrange.

To answer the status questions, I am not staying at the Hyatt, and wish I were Hyatt Diamond or foreign *G. I do, however, have one RCC pass I can gift.

lucky9876coins Mar 22, 2011 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by mmsnow (Post 16083208)
New to Flyertalk, but avid reader of Lucky's blog.

Welcome to FlyerTalk (and did I mention you're awesome?:D)! Look forward to meeting you.

hausrath Mar 22, 2011 6:02 pm

Alright - assuming no work situations come up at the last minute: I'm in!

I won't be able to make it to the dinner, as my flight gets in too late, but I should be around for at least breakfast/RCC/UA760/afterparty.

To answer lucky's questions:
1) No - Staying at the Westin SFO Airport just down the road
2) No
3) Yes - RCC Member

I'll also staying over at the ORD IC on Saturday night - I assume the F&F rate is the best way to go on this? (It prices the standard room out at $81+, which I feel like is probably the best deal around...)

boxo Mar 22, 2011 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by hausrath (Post 16083415)
I'll also staying over at the ORD IC on Saturday night - I assume the F&F rate is the best way to go on this? (It prices the standard room out at $81+, which I feel like is probably the best deal around...)

Wow, I can't believe that rate is available for booking < 7 days out. One bedroom suite is going for $149+. Nice.

Just in case anyone needs to book cheaper, I know Priceline 4* ORD Sat night was going for $46 ($60 all in) a few days ago.

jmd001 Mar 23, 2011 1:18 am

Originally Posted by hausrath (Post 16083415)
...I'll also staying over at the ORD IC on Saturday night - I assume the F&F rate is the best way to go on this? (It prices the standard room out at $81+, which I feel like is probably the best deal around...)

Forgive the ignorant question from someone who rarely stays at an IC: What is the F&F rate, and how does one get it?

boxo Mar 23, 2011 4:12 am

Sorry! I meant to edit my post earlier with the link.

Intercontinental Hotels Group Senior VP of Marketing Steve Sickel shared his Friends & Family link with Randy a couple years ago and Randy shared it with his friends and family via his blog. So, it's legit. Nothing to worry about IDing your friend or family. Bookmark it. ^

JoeJSFB Mar 23, 2011 4:29 am

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins (Post 16076278)
Out of curiosity, how many of you are confirmed in first class so far?

I am - burned a CR1.

JoeJSFB Mar 23, 2011 4:33 am

Rides to Max's Burlingame

I'm in the northern portion of the Peninsula. If you need rides to/from BART/Caltrain stations for the dinner, please PM/e-mail me directly.

Closest BART/Caltrain station to dinner - Millbrae

BTA Mar 23, 2011 5:42 am

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins (Post 16082728)

H class?!?!? Darn you! So this should actually be an interesting experiment as to how upgrade clearance actually works. Anyone else booked above a "V" class?

My upgrade cleared overnight, I am in H class. Guess I'll be a snob sitting in FC, but I'll join the party wherever it is. (after I enjoy my hot nuts).

BTW, I'm in 4F currently. I usually avoid middle seats on the ghetto bird due to crap overhead bins, but as I figured easy aisle access would be preferred.

cawhite Mar 23, 2011 6:29 am

I cleared last night on a V fare (1K).

gomike Mar 23, 2011 6:49 am

I have cleared also

Anyone flying in on UA973 on Friday like me?

MatthewLAX Mar 23, 2011 9:28 am

Upgrade cleared. 2J for me.

3C on the late ORD-LAX on Saturday.

Still waitlisted on FRA-ORD, BOS-SFO!! :eek:

LIH Prem Mar 23, 2011 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Pat89339 (Post 16081692)
Should we dress up for dinner as well?

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins (Post 16082168)
Not especially, though clothing is required. ;)

Hyatt bathrobe and slippers .. is that ok? :D

-David