FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Join us for a flight with Captain Denny on March 26 (and dinner on March 25) 2011! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1185151-join-us-flight-captain-denny-march-26-dinner-march-25-2011-a.html)

goalie Mar 28, 2011 9:40 am

Originally Posted by gomike (Post 16114404)
Great pictures FriendlySkies thank you for sharing.

Agreed, great pictures ^

trainman74 Mar 28, 2011 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by rudling (Post 16107533)
For those of you who missed my introduction by Capt Denny himself, I had no idea this was going on - was simply heading down to GRU for work with a colleague. Recognized Capt Denny at the door, mentioned I was a FlyerTalker, and he walked me into the cabin, prompting the rest of you for a show of hands.

Ah, I wondered what was going on, since it did seem like you knew Capt. Denny but you weren't part of the FlyerTalk group -- I was boarding right behind the two of you (my connection from LAX was delayed about 45 minutes).

Of course, I'm now sorry I missed the morning tour, and because of that delay to my flight in, I missed Capt. Denny's infamous at-the-gate briefing! So...when's FlyerTalk 3? :D

(And special thanks to my E+ rowmate jmb001 for guesting me into the RCC at ORD to await my delayed flight back to LAX, and to MatthewLAX for sending a drink back from F on that flight.)

fooko2002 Mar 29, 2011 3:08 pm

As a true UA non-elite, just wanted to post my thanks to everyone for putting together quite a fun little trip. Despite all attempts I made myself to not make just about every part of this trip, it was thoroughly enjoyable on all accounts.

Not being someone who frequents the UA board here, handles were of little help to me, but you all took such great care of me. Thanks to United757 for assisting with a seat in E+ on the flight and to the UA upgrade gods who knew I needed a good seatmate and instead of upgrading him decided E+ was the perfect place for hausrath. Also thanks are due to chrisw and iluv2fly and a number of others who made sure my plastic cup was never empty and always had the right amount of ice too! :)

Looking forward to seeing you out in airports and in the sky and if you need anything Alaska or Seattle related - never hesitate to ask. :)

Top of climb Mar 29, 2011 3:21 pm

Echoing what has already been said by many here, thanks to everyone - both organizers, crew and fellow FTers - for making it an extremely fun trip. I had a blast, and met some great people. Special thanks to karung99 for taking pity on a non-UA elite and getting me into First, and to hausrath for being my designated photographer on the ramp tour! And, of course, lucky for putting the whole thing together and Captain Denny.

Ironically after all the talk about bumps and vouchers at dinner on Friday night, I took my very first United States bump on my UA flight home on Sunday evening (not without some niggles with the travel vouchers, which will hopefully be sorted out), but having experienced it I now feel qualified to join in the conversation next time!

chemist661 Mar 30, 2011 1:59 pm

I would have enjoyed attending but I was in Milan from 3/24-3/29.

Glad everyone had a very nice time! I saw Capt Denny some years ago when I used to be 1P/1K on UA. Will be on a few UA flights later this year as I have some UA VDB's to use.

Dr Jabadski Mar 31, 2011 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 16112783)
Here is a link to the photos that I shot on Friday & Saturday. Feel free to download them for personal use. If you want to use the photos for a blog, etc, please PM me. I enjoyed meeting everybody that was in attendance ^

http://friendlyskies.smugmug.com/MRs...30832265_dPEec

I’d love to see the photos but for some reason they won’t load on my computer. I can see each of FriendlySkies’ Gallery Categories and Galleries at the site but once I click on a specific gallery, I get a new page but without any photos. I’ve made sure cookies are enabled, that’s about the limit of my computer knowledge and skills.

Sorry to be a pain, but would appreciate any help available.

the_happiness_store Mar 31, 2011 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 16112783)
Here is a link to the photos that I shot on Friday & Saturday. Feel free to download them for personal use. If you want to use the photos for a blog, etc, please PM me. I enjoyed meeting everybody that was in attendance ^

http://friendlyskies.smugmug.com/MRs...30832265_dPEec

I see my homeys in picture 31.

FriendlySkies Mar 31, 2011 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski (Post 16138428)
I’d love to see the photos but for some reason they won’t load on my computer. I can see each of FriendlySkies’ Gallery Categories and Galleries at the site but once I click on a specific gallery, I get a new page but without any photos. I’ve made sure cookies are enabled, that’s about the limit of my computer knowledge and skills.

Sorry to be a pain, but would appreciate any help available.

Can you see them now? I think SmugMug may have been having some "issues"...

Dr Jabadski Apr 1, 2011 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 16139112)
Can you see them now? I think SmugMug may have been having some "issues"...

Thank you. I just tried again, no joy. I’ve made sure the cookie for the site is allowed, unsure what else to do. Thanks again.

SkiAdcock Apr 2, 2011 8:12 am

Great pictures! I'm so sorry I missed this trip.

Cheers.

hausrath Apr 4, 2011 11:46 am

Just wanted to put a big "Thank You" out there as well to the UA staff at SFO as well as lucky for organizing it and Capt Denny for hosting us and preparing the crew for our shenanigans onboard. The tour really was top notch and a nice surprise when all I had really planned on was the flight. It was great to meet Top of climb, iluv2fly, chrisw, and everyone else either at the tour, on the flight, or at hotel dinner/party afterwards (and there's many more I want to call out, but I have serious trouble reconnecting real names with handles). Last but not least, since my upgrade didn't clear I had the lucky surprise to meet fooko2002 as my seatmate in E+ who helped (along with our numerous visitors) to make it a very fun flight. Looking forward to next time!

ThunderStorm00 Mar 3, 2012 6:15 pm

I Want In!!

As I sit by myself on my MR at O'Hare, I was just thinking how much fun this would be with other people.
Please count me in for next time!!

Thanks!

RichardInSF Mar 17, 2012 3:20 am

Originally Posted by ThunderStorm00 (Post 18128270)
As I sit by myself on my MR at O'Hare, I was just thinking how much fun this would be with other people.
Please count me in for next time!!

Thanks!

This thread is a year old, I thought it meant this year!

Jenbel Mar 17, 2012 8:32 am

Guys, given the confusion about this, we'll close this thread for now to underline the fact that the event was a year ago.

If anyone wants it reopened after the 26th, then please drop us a PM then.

Jenbel
Co-moderator, Communitybuzz!