Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Come Fly to Me – the Great FlyerTalk Mileage Run: SFO 15 April; COS 16-17 April 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Come Fly to Me – the Great FlyerTalk Mileage Run: SFO 15 April; COS 16-17 April 2011

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2011, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Group shot of FTers at Come Fly to Me!

Back Row: CreditMadeEZ, CreditMadeEZ+1, MrsBobSgt, G_G, chemist661, AFJon, jetsetr, paranoiatx, General_Flyer, MSPeconomist, bk3day
Middle Row: derikolsson, adl73x, karung99, miffSC, Pat89339, FriendlySkies
Front Row: Richard Chen, mnmag, travelsavant, Randy Petersen, LIH Prem, JY1024

Last edited by FriendlySkies; Apr 17, 2011 at 3:18 pm
Old Apr 17, 2011, 3:00 pm

Programs: yes
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Computer Office Gal: "You sound like a community of freaking idiots."

Computer Lih Prem: "Yes. And I have a photo to prove it."

(PS to MrsBobSgt, except for you dear, hiding behind adl73x. You look mahvelous, and you know what I mean...)
Old Apr 17, 2011, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Hertz Gold, Marriot , Starwood
Bye to "the gang" after a wonderful day at the HOM. Everyone was so engrossed at the time I had to leave, so didn't really get a chance to give the official "Bye" to all. Awe, gee-- I missed the group photo. And I would have been interested in attending this evenings dinner event with the late leavers but- I already have arrangements for a dinner meetup with an old friend, whom I have not actually seen in over 20 years.

The entire event proved to be even better than I expected. And on that note, I will just give a thanks to everyone Safe journies home to everyone and hope to see you again at a future event
Old Apr 17, 2011, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ClubCarlson Concierge
Oh man! Missed a group photo, huh. Bummer. Oh well, I was there in spirit . Got to IAH. Now on to the PC before the next flight.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ClubCarlson Concierge
Oh ya. Can someone please tell me the outcome of the HORSE game? If it's a secret, please PM me .
Old Apr 17, 2011, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by scubaflyer
Oh ya. Can someone please tell me the outcome of the HORSE game? If it's a secret, please PM me .
Us folk that missed the group photo need to stick together, so I'll tell you.

The final outcome was one game each, at which point the combatants agreed to call it a gentlemanly draw and sealed it with a handshake.

Thanks again to Randy for the excellent waffle preparation, storytelling, and all-around hospitality today. Very glad I finally made it down to HOM.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 6:26 pm

Programs: yes
Originally Posted by FortFun
The final outcome was one game each, at which point the combatants agreed to call it a gentlemanly draw and sealed it with a handshake.
Was this because the paramedics refused treatment until they agreed to stop?
Old Apr 17, 2011, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Wow! Nice name tags! I so want one!

And of course, the cake is so beautiful too! Nice job, Daringdoo! ^

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Pat, my twin sis, was that a new pair of glasses? It looks so great on you!

Judging by the size of smile on your face, you must have an outstanding day! Let me know if you need any language assistance on the TWA Traditional Chinese character part.

It's so nice to see all the radiant smiles in the HOM group photo.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
happy belated birthday, Pat and G_G!

thanks for all the pics, Friendly (i'm assuming that was you, and perhaps Derik); it looks like a terrific time was had by all. ^

hope someone got video of that game of horse...
Old Apr 17, 2011, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, AA EXP, VS Silver, HY Diamond, HI Gold, SPG Gold
karung99 & jetsetr now in DEN RCC East

We took an earlier flight to DEN (flew w/paranoiatx) - and good thing, too, since our original flight at 18:57 is now delayed by an hour.

We're now hanging in RCC East for those coming in on the last flight out of COS.

Thanks again to everyone for such a generous and uplifting weekend! HUGE thanks to Randy & Julie for hosting, thanks to LIHPrem for winning this contest, and thanks to Pat for her extraordinary organizational skills!
Old Apr 17, 2011, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA
Thanks and pay forward

Originally Posted by jetsetr
We took an earlier flight to DEN (flew w/paranoiatx)

Thanks again to everyone for such a generous and uplifting weekend! HUGE thanks to Randy & Julie for hosting, thanks to LIHPrem for winning this contest, and thanks to Pat for her extraordinary organizational skills!
+1

We have been given a gift this weekend. Remember to "pay forward" within the community to build the community.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:07 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by scubaflyer
both players were great :

Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by G_G
both players were great :

You call mercy killing a great thing, G_G, my twin?

Well, with such a big smile on the victim's face, it probably was.

Can't wait to see a home-made video about this amazing DO, posted by the cabinet members in charge, soon.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Thanks again to both Randy and Julie for hosting such a wonderful party! I really enjoyed the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people. Its always nice to put a face to a name.

Wished I could have attended Sunday's events, but thankful for the time I had Saturday night.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Just got back to Lawrence, but I wanted to say my thanks to everybody involved in the DO! This DO is one for the history books I enjoyed seeing old friends, and meeting new ones! Randy's talk at the HOM was excellent, and my desk is now full of FT swag ^

Photo wise, I am glad that you enjoyed the group shot I took. I'll edit my photos tomorrow (today ), and post the link to my gallery once they are complete.

Good luck to JY1024 and Derik. They have a very tight connection at SFO, involving a change of terminals

Good night ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.