The Dubai DO - June 24-27, 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Dubai DO - June 24-27, 2011

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2011, 4:26 am

Programs: EK Platinum
Nobody cares and/or will ask you about your passport/marriage cert. Just try not to kiss too much in public (no matter if married or not).
Old Jun 19, 2011, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Originally Posted by w00t
Just try not to kiss too much in public (no matter if married or not).
Yes, I am aware of that, no problem

Thank you ^
Old Jun 19, 2011, 4:35 am
Moderator, Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Just try not to kiss too much in public (no matter if married or not).
Don't worry. When you do get married, all that stops anyway...
Old Jun 19, 2011, 4:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Originally Posted by eightblack
Don't worry. When you do get married, all that stops anyway...
Old Jun 19, 2011, 4:56 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
DFS Terminal 1

Where is the DFS in terminal 1? Left or right heading to baggage/customs....??? I shall likely be fuzzy and tired so don't want to miss it....

Flying in on a non EK airline........
Old Jun 19, 2011, 4:58 am

When you finished the immigration, you have your hand luggage scan and then DIRECTLY on the left. No chance to miss it actually.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 5:00 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
When you finished the immigration, you have your hand luggage scan and then DIRECTLY on the left. No chance to miss it actually.
Thank you!
Old Jun 19, 2011, 8:01 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by dedehans
Where is the DFS in terminal 1? Left or right heading to baggage/customs....??? I shall likely be fuzzy and tired so don't want to miss it....

Flying in on a non EK airline........
Oh ! you're the one flying with D....
Old Jun 19, 2011, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by G_G
Oh ! you're the one flying with D....
I am the D**** flyer.....Am I still allowed to the party?
Old Jun 19, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Nobody cares and/or will ask you about your passport/marriage cert. Just try not to kiss too much in public (no matter if married or not).
The OP will definitely be asked for their passports by the hotel so that they can take copies for their records. It is a Dubai Police requirement. However no one cares if they are not married unless they suspect that they are Muslim and even then I doubt that would be an issue. Dubai is very tourist friendly and they understand how the World works. Overt displays of affection in public (such as kissing) are indeed considered offensive so care should be taken if one is an inveterate smoocher ...

Last edited by mrtdxb; Jun 19, 2011 at 8:06 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 19, 2011, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by mrtdxb
The OP will definitely be asked for their passports by the hotel
Thats right, my mistake. But they will not run into any problems here.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA, IHG
Originally Posted by ung1
Attendees,

This is a last and final call for anyone who is interested in participating in the Dune Bashing on Sunday. Please identify yourself immediately.

We only have three people so far, and unless we get 6, this activity becomes economically unviable. If we still don't have enough people in a couple of days, I'm going to have to pull the plug on this, and I'm terribly sorry to those who had already signed up.
Myself and +1 (who will be identifying himself shortly as wboflyer) are most definitely interested! Please add us to the list.

Originally Posted by paranoiatx
Although, since sunset is at 7:12pm, we'll quite likely still be up there at 7. And you might just barely make it in time...
I think we'll go ahead and get tickets for the 7pm slot and just show up with everyone else in the 6pm group. If we can go in early, great! If not, I'm sure we can figure out something to do for the hour. Being up there for sunset is probably prime time anyway, which would explain why the earlier slots are sold out.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 5:31 am

Brunch booking still open?

Having been away completely missed that this was rushing up and just managed to grab 2 of the last tickets for the brunch, hopefully this will be ok as just realised the closing date was yesterday. Eventbrite said the event had 6 hours left of sale, I have paid and got a receipt so guess that means we are booked in?

Either way will come along Thursday and hopefully Friday for shenanigans.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 6:22 am

Programs: LH HON->SEN, BA GGL+CCR->Gold, HH D, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ung1
Attendees,

This is a last and final call for anyone who is interested in participating in the Dune Bashing on Sunday. Please identify yourself immediately.

We only have three people so far, and unless we get 6, this activity becomes economically unviable. If we still don't have enough people in a couple of days, I'm going to have to pull the plug on this, and I'm terribly sorry to those who had already signed up.
I'd like to join, too!
Old Jun 20, 2011, 7:00 am
Moderator, Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by desertweasel
Having been away completely missed that this was rushing up and just managed to grab 2 of the last tickets for the brunch, hopefully this will be ok as just realised the closing date was yesterday. Eventbrite said the event had 6 hours left of sale, I have paid and got a receipt so guess that means we are booked in?

Either way will come along Thursday and hopefully Friday for shenanigans.
desertweasel, you're all confirmed for brunch. Check your email. If you're attending any of the other events, please go back to the Eventbrite page and register for the actual Do.

See you soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.