Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What was your best moment on FlyerTalk?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2010, 12:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Oct 26, 2007: The Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet.

It was there that I finally met BEYFlyer in person and, with about 50 FTers looking on, shared some wine with him.

This was about 1 1/2 years after the two of us exchanged posts on FT describing our experiences as we underwent the same war -- but from opposite sides of the border.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
The TPE DO September 7-9, 2001. It was my very first mileage run, my very first FT event, and as it ended about 36 hours before the tragedies of 9/11 started, a pivotal event in my adult life, one I would share with future generations as a "where was I" story. Life changing does not begin to describe that weekend for me.

The London Mega Do fireworks in 2006. It was such an amazing afternoon to be on the boat with all those FTers. I'm not a "big DO" person, but that one event was a once-in-a-lifetime experience that I would have never thought to put on a bucket list. I'm so glad that I was there.

All the little one-on-one dinners over the years. Okay, I'm cheating because that's not ONE thing... but all of them have been special to me. I've developed many lasting friendships, had a couple romantic relationships, and yes, even a couple of "what the hell was THAT about" kind of encounters over the years. But all-in-all, FT has been an amazing place for meeting people and I continue still to meet people who are (or may become) special to me and for that, I'm grateful for how my circle has expanded and I couldn't possibly narrow it to one encounter (not publicly anyhow)!
Old Dec 6, 2010, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by Dovster

It was there that I finally met BEYFlyer in person and, with about 50 FTers looking on, shared some wine with him.

This was about 1 1/2 years after the two of us exchanged posts on FT describing our experiences as we underwent the same war -- but from opposite sides of the border.
i would have to say that watching your exchange with BEYFlyer on ft during said war was one of my most memorable moments...monitoring ft to see if your green ft light was on and you were safe, reading BEY's stories about beirut and having you both humanize what was happening so far away was nothing short of breathtaking. ^

not trying to minimize the many wonderful people i've met and do's i've attended...but that was really something.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 3:49 am

Programs: yes
Originally Posted by flyer81
I am new here, so for me the biggest thing so far was just to find this forum!
Welcome to FT!

If you find even half the benefit at FlyerTalk that I have, you'll find it a rewarding experience.

Cheers!
Old Dec 6, 2010, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Dovster

What a GREAT post! ^
Old Dec 6, 2010, 4:07 am

My wonderful experiences on FT pale in comparison to bringing peace to the middle east through SWU's, but for sheer enjoyment, my best FT moments came from the PWP thread this past November.

Too many hilarious moments to list, but picking on the Mayor of the day is a missed activity. I even had my signature read "Did you know you can write whatever you want about KarenKay here and she won't see it?" when she was the Mayor known as Her Magnificentness.

For DO's, it would be an OAK Do at Nan-Yang, which was no "nan-yanger" for the attendees. Great time, good food. We actually drove PSP-OAK to get there for it!

FT has brough us a lot of rewards over the years, but the friends (old and new) are the greatest gift. A new friend, met on a SAVE300 mileage run, just UG'd us from SAN-OGG both ways! (I would give credit by name, but some philanthropists appreciate their anonymity. )

Cheers, y'all!
Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:11 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
The Party in Paradise in 1999 where we first met Randy and 50 flyertalkers is clearly number one. We could barely grasp Randy's generosity at that DO.

Being entertained by Rudi in Wengen, an amazing person we met through flyertalk at a gathering in San Francisco just before the PIP. We knew we were onto something special when we saw Rudi in full Swiss garb at the Top of the Mark!
Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:44 am

Programs: AA, HH, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Platinum, UA, DL, US
In all respects I am fairly new here, but my best moment was taking advantage of the Save300 Expedia.ca deal this past month. We just got home from Vegas after a four day trip for free and are are still wheeling at the fact that we did it all for free. Please see my "Budget Trip Report" at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/las-v...der-500-a.html

Thank you all for all you do and I hope to be a productive member for the rest of my life!

JB
Old Dec 8, 2010, 1:46 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Karen2
... Being entertained by Rudi in Wenge ...
But, I made you miss your intended visit of the Fürstentum Liechtenstein - mea culpa!
Old Dec 8, 2010, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My favorite moment is not actually community related as I haven't yet been lucky enough to attend a "do".

The moment I knew when I really became a true member of the FT community was when for my birthday my girlfriend gave me a "Flyertalk" T shirt she'd ordered from the website. She always gives me stick about my "dorky" habit and we had a great laugh at the gift. That was about 5 years ago and now it's funny how now she's quizzing me on how to maintain her 1K this year and whether or not to sign up for the AA platinum challenge

I've also been lucky enough to check out the mileage run deals page at just the right moment to be able to by my mom, dad and 2 sisters business class tickets to visit me in Switzerland from SFO for $400 a piece thanks to an Alitalia fare mistake 4 years ago. They totally enjoyed that one and still talk about it to this day!
Old Dec 8, 2010, 2:55 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I've had a blast at the Do's no doubt. (which BTW there are a number of Chicago Do's coming up, if you've never been, come on out!!)

I think the best moment due to Flyertalk was being able to fly my Parents to Hawaii in F for their 40th anniversary, at the same time fly my brother & his family, as well as Mrs. Sweet Willie & myself so we could join my Parents for a bit and celebrate with them for a portion of their trip. I also was able to provide all inter-island travel as well as award hotel stays on the various islands. All thanks to the knowledge I gained from FT!!
Old Dec 8, 2010, 3:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Some of the best fun I've had as an adult came at dos (and if not actually at the do, as a result of being in the town with friends from and/or because of the do) in Barcelona, Sitges, London, Munich and Buenos Aires. Also, I've met some really good friends through FT. So, I can't really name the single best moment.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 3:46 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Some of the best fun I've had as an adult came at dos (and if not actually at the do, as a result of being in the town with friends from and/or because of the do) in Barcelona, Sitges, London, Munich and Buenos Aires. Also, I've met some really good friends through FT. So, I can't really name the single best moment.
Yours was when ILuvParis met iluv2fly, silly. It was a - dare I say it - a luv-fest.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 3:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
It was when FT posts led me to the US Airways Status Challenge.90 days later I'd flown enough for CP. The endless tips about better ways to do things are a continuing "best moment" for me. FlyerTalk has been and is one of the best experiences of my life that did not involve personal intimacy. FlyerTalk really does not do that for me at all.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I'd have to say visiting HNL last weekend, and hosting, as well as attending my very first Do!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.