Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

JOIN IN - OFFICIAL 2010 Secret Santa Extravaganza!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JOIN IN - OFFICIAL 2010 Secret Santa Extravaganza!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2010, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by wharvey
Just a friendly reminder from Santa that a number of you have not indicated you have mailed gifts... please do not wait too long... need to allow enough time for gifts to be delivered.

And, please remember to let me know via PM when you mail and/or receive a gift.
But William, electronic gifts will most certainly arrive in time. Hmm, after a re-read, I realize some of you may think that I mean an e gift. Hmm, maybe I mean a real electronic gift. Hmmm. One of you will have to wait a little while longer.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:24 pm

I just received a very nice digital photo frame from loopies. It will be a great addition to my (currently) very boring office.

Thanks!
Old Dec 13, 2010, 7:44 pm

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
Thank you to my Santa who sent a nice box with gifts last week. I'll open them at Christmas.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 11:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Pres Club, Starwood Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by rehoult
I just received a very nice digital photo frame from loopies. It will be a great addition to my (currently) very boring office.

Thanks!
Glad you liked it and hope you enjoy!
Old Dec 14, 2010, 12:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
WOW!

Received a box full of gifts on Saturday. Details in a later post.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 5:39 am

Programs: US Airways Silver Dividend Miles, HHonors Silver, SPG Gold
Just bought and had shipped my gifts for my secret santa. I hope they like what I got for them.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 3:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
All gifts ordered, and at least pending shipping straight to the recipients.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA GLD, HH, TSA Disparager Gold
Big Hugs to my Secret Santa! Yes, I should have waited to open them, but I could not resist.

I love love love my digital photo frame and the scarf and hat! I wore them today because it is so dang cold here.

Thanks so much SS and I wish you, your family, and all a wonderl holiday and Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 14, 2010, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
This is so much fun!

Got a pkg from Santa!

According to Santa, he/she is still shopping, but sent me a FAA luggage tag in the meantime - wow! Love it, of course. Also, there was a disclaimer that the tag could garner respect or I might never see my bag again! Is my SS a lawyer? The other clue is that my pkg was sent from Halladay, UT. But, that could be a trick. Hmmm, a tricky lawyer ...

Anyway, I have sent out one of my pkgs, so I will be looking to see if the recipient gets it soon. Hope they like their gift as well

Note for my SS - I am probably the one who someone wanted to switch from. I gave almost no info on what I wanted beyond maybe an upgrade (and don't we all want that). But actually, I will be happy with anything. I think this is just so exciting and fun. I have had a great, delightful time buying and getting stuff!

Last edited by lisamcgu; Dec 14, 2010 at 9:56 pm
Old Dec 15, 2010, 11:49 am

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
All Secret Santa boxes have now been sent. Hoping that the USPS and other mailing entities involved help speed them on their way to their rightful owner.

Thanks, Wharvey, for the chance to participate in this. I really had a great time trying to find the perfect gifts for my giftees!
Old Dec 15, 2010, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'm waiting to receive some of the gifts I ordered. I had them sent here so I could add them to what I bought here, and will then ship from here. They'll arrive in time for Xmas, and yes William I will PM you when I ship them to my SS recipient.

Cheers.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
My poor Secret Santa.

It occurs to me that I didn't help give him/her much help by saying I would be happy with anything. I received much satisfaction figuring out a specific present for my giftee, given all the suggestions provided.

So, if there is still time, know that I love wine! Love white and red zins. I buy alot on amazon and they just came out with giftcards. I love shopping for my 4 year old. I like chillin at Barnes & Noble (to get away from my 4 year old), but I don't have time for books (again the 4 year old), so I buy mostly magazines (Star, In Style, Archealogy Today, Gems & Minerals, ...) and eating in their cafe. Oh yeah, I LOVE food. Especially sweets. My fav being Sees, Lindt and Godiva. Anything chocolate with nuts

In fact, I have to go to dinner right now! Hope this is enough. Thanks, Lisa
Old Dec 15, 2010, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by lisamcgu

So, if there is still time, know that I love wine! Love white and red zins. I buy alot on amazon and they just came out with giftcards. I love shopping for my 4 year old. I like chillin at Barnes & Noble (to get away from my 4 year old), but I don't have time for books (again the 4 year old), so I buy mostly magazines (Star, In Style, Archealogy Today, Gems & Minerals, ...) and eating in their cafe. Oh yeah, I LOVE food. Especially sweets. My fav being Sees, Lindt and Godiva. Anything chocolate with nuts
Thanks, Lisa
No doubt about it. That's Lisamcgu.

She made me stop at a White Castle on the Brooklyn Tour several years ago. She took a couple of bites, but the damage was done. That van smelled of burgers and onions after that.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA
Received another package today from one of my Secret Santas, called Sock Patterns for the Traveling Knitter. Cute patterns; will be studying it tonight while curled up with my cats because that's what crazy cat ladies do!

Thanks, Santa
Old Dec 16, 2010, 3:16 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
OOOHHH Santa!

Got a certificate today saying that Santa was loading on his sleigh a new travel backpack for me! Santa mailed his certificate from Santa Clarita, CA, but that could, of course, be a red herring. Am sooooo looking forward to having a new backpack which doesn't just slosh all of my stuff together in one big pocket. Thanks in advance, Santa. I'll let you know when the backpack arrives.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.