Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Innovative ways to earn Citi ThankYou flight points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Prestige cardholders will not earn Flight Points for flights booked after October 2014. See THIS thread.
Print Wikipost

Innovative ways to earn Citi ThankYou flight points

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:35 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The last of my Flight Points posted this week. It was an award trip booked in July 2014, flown in July 2015. Paid fees with Prestige card, and received Flight Points for distance flown.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: Avis PP, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
Flight points not transferred

Is anyone having problems with flight points not being transferred to ThankYou account? My Premier credit card statement shows both the purchase points and flight points as transferred, however only purchase points appear in the ThankYou account. This started with August statement - everything before transferred fine.
I've just spent over half an hour on the phone trying to sort this out, and it's a major pain, since most Citi representatives know nothing about flight points... It was a convoluted program, and I understand why it was discontinued, but I still have 200k flight points, and don't want to fight each month to "activate" them
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:03 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by dmitri
Is anyone having problems with flight points not being transferred to ThankYou account? My Premier credit card statement shows both the purchase points and flight points as transferred, however only purchase points appear in the ThankYou account. This started with August statement - everything before transferred fine.
I've just spent over half an hour on the phone trying to sort this out, and it's a major pain, since most Citi representatives know nothing about flight points... It was a convoluted program, and I understand why it was discontinued, but I still have 200k flight points, and don't want to fight each month to "activate" them
I am still seeing flight point balances on the statements. I have a bit under 200k flight points left. I didn't realize it would take me this long to see the balance of flight points to be used up in full.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 6:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder

I am still seeing flight point balances on the statements. I have a bit under 200k flight points left. I didn't realize it would take me this long to see the balance of flight points to be used up in full.
The flight point activity balances are still being drawn down and crediting properly to TYP accounts. I'm glad that Citi hasn't tried to kill off the flight point activity balances and that it is still showing the flight point activity balances on the Citi statements. Another $30k to $90k in spend on the Premier card and then this flight point stuff will finally be over for me. It certainly has taken a very long time for me to draw the flight point balance down to c. 90k flight points.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
The flight point activity balances are still being drawn down and crediting properly to TYP accounts. I'm glad that Citi hasn't tried to kill off the flight point activity balances and that it is still showing the flight point activity balances on the Citi statements. Another $30k to $90k in spend on the Premier card and then this flight point stuff will finally be over for me. It certainly has taken a very long time for me to draw the flight point balance down to c. 90k flight points.
I have not seen flight points balance information on my Prestige account for over a year. However, there are mysterious " Bonus Points Earned " on Thankyou.com portal matching 1X spend. I assume these are remaining flight points?

Where do you see the flight point activity on the Citi statement? Are you referring to the grandfathered Premier account that earned flight points?
Old Mar 2, 2020, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cloudybw
I have not seen flight points balance information on my Prestige account for over a year. However, there are mysterious " Bonus Points Earned " on Thankyou.com portal matching 1X spend. I assume these are remaining flight points?

Where do you see the flight point activity on the Citi statement? Are you referring to the grandfathered Premier account that earned flight points?
Citicards.us >[ login with login and password] > Services > Statements & Documents > Statements > [Select the most recent statement for 2020] View > [look at right corner of page 2 of statement]. That's where I find "Flight Point Activity This Period".

This is remaining flight points for a Citi Premier card that had earned a lot of flight points before Citi got rid of the flight point earning feature for new air ticket purchases.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
Citicards.us >[ login with login and password] > Services > Statements & Documents > Statements > [Select the most recent statement for 2020] View > [look at right corner of page 2 of statement]. That's where I find "Flight Point Activity This Period".

This is remaining flight points for a Citi Premier card that had earned a lot of flight points before Citi got rid of the flight point earning feature for new air ticket purchases.
Thanks. My Citi Prestige used to have flight point summary on page 2 of each statement, till the anniversary month in 2018. Afterwards, it only showed regular points earned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.